BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion    The BMW Vision Neue Klasse Concept World Premiere

09-02-2023, 02:20 PM   #45
baron95
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW G87 M2

Dislike everything about it, except the size and shape, which both seem to match an E30.

The interior is hideous. As for the exterior, none of that huge glasshouse will ever see production. Cars like that are no longer possible from a safety point of view. You need huge pillars and roof rails among other things.

But yes - give a 4 door M2 in that size and I'll write a blank check.
      09-02-2023, 03:07 PM   #46
Buketz
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: m2

Garage List
2014 BMW 528  [0.00]
2023 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadruple VANOS View Post
Here we go with the no leather to save the planet bs. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbord3369 View Post
Not my jam… love the glass box concept for the roof, interior is decent, dislike most everything else. Head/tail lights yuck, front end yuck, roof slope yuck, wheels yuck.

Somehow car companies have lost their minds with electric designs, merecedes eq’s are the ugliest luxury cars in the world and bmw looks to be following them down the same rabbit hole.
Can’t wait for the new generation of boring and quiet evs to replace the excitement of those horrible and fun engines. Doesn’t anyone else think they’re watering down 100k sports cars. Adding a start/ stop button and quieting the exhaust and making everything a hybrid isn’t enough now they want to take the soul and personality from the car too. As soon as this wave touches the m cars I’d prefer to just use the bus.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2023, 03:10 PM   #47
KevM2
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 F87 M2C, 2023 G87 M2

Garage List
BMW M2 Competition  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Interesting look but the videos have a very eerie feel to them
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2023, 03:44 PM   #48
Dethsupp0rt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianboar View Post
I came here to read the comments
Likewise. Here for the hate.

I kind of like it. It's sort of retrofuture. Not in love with it though.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2023, 03:47 PM   #49
GuyOh
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 LB M2 / 2020 X5 40i

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
2020 Bmw X5 40i  [0.00]
Front is not bad, glad the buck tooth grill is not here, side profile to me looks ugly, doesn’t look like a bmw to me, the holfmeister kink looks messed up here, the rear is wacky
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2023, 04:20 PM   #50
testing02hwr
Private
Rep
Drives: 340i

Exterior is not bad. Interior is too much like a Tesla for my liking. I am ok with the instrument cluster being HUD only but making the interior minimalistic doesn't mean you have to make it look like a spaceship.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2023, 04:32 PM   #51
NSX2M4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 ZCP- RIVIAN R1S QUAD

I figured out where the corduroy seats came from...
Attached Images

Frosty780.00
Joachim328.00
baron951703.50
      09-02-2023, 05:24 PM   #52
FrozenGT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40i - Lexus NX300 F

I have not seen one person comment on the fact that Bmw is trying something new they’re trying to be innovative they’re trying to create a structure of elegance and performance.

but yet you got all of these 20 to 30 year
Olds who can’t get the snot off their nose, who wants to make a comment on something they know nothing about.

At lest Bmw is trying to be innovative they’re trying to do something new I don’t know why people have such a problem. Goodness God for bid they take away your gasoline, engine and stupid exhaust.
Appreciate 3
///M TOWN16537.50
ZHPdave10.50
Tch-Nrd124.50
      09-02-2023, 05:24 PM   #53
IDKBRO
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80

Garage List
2022 TESLA SLR  [5.25]
2022 M3  [9.75]
Grand theft auto car but with PS1 graphics
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2023, 05:57 PM   #54
Moopai
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M850GC Tanzanite Blue Metallic

For those of us who are complaining about the big grill of the new 7 which includes me, BMW future front end will be a full grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
BMW reinvents itself: The BMW Vision Neue Klasse Concept

Attachment 3267426

• A glimpse of the future for the BMW brand: electric, digital, and circular.
  • Design pared down to key BMW-typical elements.
  • Next generation of BMW iDrive as interface between real and virtual worlds.
  • More efficiency and driving pleasure thanks to sixth-generation BMW eDrive technology.

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – September 2, 2023… With its lates design concept, the BMW Vision Neue Klasse, BMW is showcasing what the next generation of its vehicles will look like. “The BMW Vision Neue Klasse combines our ability to innovate in the core areas of electrification, digitalization, and circularity,” says Oliver Zipse, Chairman of the Board of Management of BMW AG. “In this way, we are always able to stay two steps ahead of the future: The Neue Klasse is already bringing the mobility of the next decade to the roads in 2025 – and leading BMW into a new era.”

The Vision Neue Klasse, which will be unveiled for the first time in public at the IAA Mobility 2023 International Motor Show in Munich, embodies a clear design language, with expansive surfaces and a just a few distinctive lines, that has been pared down to the essentials. This approach accentuates signature features like the BMW kidney grille and the Hofmeister kink of the side window graphic, giving the design even more of a BMW feel. In the interior, the next generation of BMW iDrive guarantees a unique digital user experience that merges real and virtual worlds. Increased use of secondary raw materials, resource-efficient production, and a fully-electric drivetrain with sixth-generation BMW eDrive technology reduces the carbon footprint of the Neue Klasse across the vehicle lifecycle.

“30% more range, 30% faster charging, 25% more efficiency – the Neue Klasse represents a major technological leap that will take EfficientDynamics to new heights. The same applies to its design – which could not be any more futuristic,” says Frank Weber, member of the Board of Management of BMW AG responsible for Development. “With the Neue Klasse, we have embarked on the biggest investment in the company’s history. We are not just writing the next chapter of BMW; we’re writing a whole new book. That’s why the Neue Klasse will certainly impact all model generations.”

New BMW design language: clear, elegant, timeless

The exterior showcases design elements that will define the different Neue Klasse models. It is clear, elegant, timeless. The new fully-electric vehicle architecture also opens up new possibilities for the interior design. “The design of the Neue Klasse is typically BMW and so progressive it looks like we skipped a model generation,” explains Adrian van Hooydonk, head of BMW Group Design.

Powerful wheel arches, the inset greenhouse, and steeply forward-slanting “shark nose” front end are all characteristic BMW features. 21-inch aerodynamic wheels pay tribute to the classic cross-spoke design inspired by motorsports. At the same time, the almost monolithic vehicle body, with strong indentations at the front and rear, as well as large window areas, create a new aesthetic.

The luminous exterior paintwork in “Joyous bright”, with its subtle yellow hue, underscores the friendly, future-oriented personality of the BMW Vision Neue Klasse. Contrast is provided by black side skirts and bumpers. With a higher percentage of secondary raw materials and significantly reduced material variety, targeted improvements have been made to enhance circularity. An improved dismantling concept will also help optimize recycling of the vehicles of the Neue Klasse.

A fresh interpretation of the brand’s signature design elements, like the BMW kidney grille and double headlights, transform the vehicle’s front end into a single interaction area. A lighting effect with precise three-dimensional animation initiates intuitive interaction between the human and their vehicle as soon as they approach the car. E Ink elements in the lower portion of the side windows also feature in the exterior welcome scenario, directing attention to the sensor area that activates automatic door opening. Innovative technology similarly defines the design of the rear lights, with 3D-printed light elements that extend over several levels and are controlled in a targeted manner to create a unique impression of depth.

Providing vision: Next generation of BMW iDrive

Analogue operating controls have been reduced to a minimum in the BMW Vision Neue Klasse. Human-car interaction takes place through the BMW Panoramic Vision, the Central Display, and multifunction buttons on the steering wheel. The user experience is rounded out by the sophisticated voice control of the BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant. In this way, the next generation of BMW iDrive offers a modern interpretation of the driver orientation typical of BMW.

As it did with the introduction of the BMW iDrive controller in the center console and the BMW Head-Up Display, BMW is once again leading the world with BMW Panoramic Vision, which will be available for the first time in the Neue Klasse. Information is projected at the ideal height into the driver’s line of sight and, for the first time, across the entire width of the windscreen. This innovation will complement the enhanced BMW Head-Up Display in the production models of the Neue Klasse.

In the next generation of BMW iDrive, both the driver and front passenger are able to interact with information displayed on BMW Panoramic Vision, creating a shared user experience. Drivers can move content shown on the Central Display to the BMW Panoramic Vision with a simple gesture.

A coordinated choreography between the ambient lighting and graphic elements of the Central Display and BMW Panoramic Vision enriches the user experience – which can also be customized using My Modes. In My Mode ‘Sport’, specific displays are set against a yellow background to support dynamic driving. The new BMW iDrive is based on a highly integrated software architecture that consolidates data related to the driving experience and infotainment with data from the vehicle’s electronics and electrical system and the BMW cloud. Interaction between human and vehicle can thus be tailored even more closely to the driving situation and individual needs, enabling a totally new perception of mobility.

Bright cord fabrics create a comfortable atmosphere inside the BMW Vision Neue Klasse. The light-colored instrument panel supports the steering wheel, which is flattened at the top and bottom, as well as the Central Display with Matrix-Backlight in the outline of a parallelogram. The front seats are attached to the floor by a single bracket, freeing up additional legroom in the rear compartment, where passengers can enjoy the spaciousness created by having two individual seats. The design of the interior, which is completely free of decorative chrome or leather, helps optimize the carbon footprint of the production process.

CO2-reduced production, sixth-generation BMW eDrive technology.

Manufactured at the new plant in Debrecen entirely without fossil fuels and with much wider use of raw and secondary materials produced with reduced CO2, the Neue Klasse will also provide significant impetus for resource-efficient individual mobility. High energy efficiency during the vehicle use phase will be ensured by optimizing weight, air and rolling resistance, as well as through intelligent heat management, especially for the electric drivetrain, using sixth-generation BMW eDrive technology.

In addition to highly efficient electric motors, major advances in the new BMW eDrive technology include newly-developed round battery cells, with more than 20% higher energy density than that of the prismatic cells used previously. The sixth generation of BMW eDrive technology will improve the charging speed for Neue Klasse models by up to 30%, in addition to boosting their range by up to 30%. As a result of all these measures, overall vehicle efficiency will increase by up to 25%.

Innovations guarantee signature BMW driving pleasure for future generations.

Electrification, digitalization, and circularity are the core elements of the transformation that is being actively shaped by BMW and began with the electrified models of BMW i. The BMW i Vision Circular highlights the tremendous potential that can be leveraged by systematically implementing a circular economy that reduces consumption of raw materials and lowers CO2 emissions. BMW i Vision Dee, on the other hand, shows how digital, human-centric technology can enrich the user experience.

All these topics are now coming together in the BMW Vision Neue Klasse, a vehicle that represents the whole range of technological innovations through which the BMW Group is demonstrating its future sustainability. The BMW Vision Neue Klasse signals the start of a new era of individual mobility that is rich in digital experiences, locally emission-free, and circular in the long term – guaranteeing typical BMW driving pleasure for generations to come.

VIDEOS

GALLERY

BMW Vision Neue Klasse Concept

BMW Vision Neue Klasse Concept Live

BMW Vision Neue Klasse Concept Design Process

Attachment 3267537

Attachment 3267538

Attachment 3267539
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2023, 06:08 PM   #55
AndreM2
Private
Rep
Drives: E30 M3 DTM 950kg

It looks like an Aquarium.
Appreciate 1
chrisk03153.00
      09-02-2023, 06:11 PM   #56
Ilikemike
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92: F82: M2C: M2 CS (Now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Don't forget about the warm sound of the vacuum tubes in your stereo.
😂
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2023, 06:17 PM   #57
Bimmerfun82
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3, X7, MY

Garage List
24 BMW M3  [10.00]
24 BMW X7  [9.00]
One positive thing I can say is BMW is imagining a more … interesting… future for the automobile than most legacy automakers. Should be… interesting
Appreciate 2
///M TOWN16537.50
Tch-Nrd124.50
      09-02-2023, 06:37 PM   #58
khailuan
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW IX40 Black Sapphire

I’m not sure how I feel about it. Let’s hope it grows on me…
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2023, 06:56 PM   #59
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Side profile reminds of the Polester

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2023, 07:13 PM   #60
NSX2M4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 ZCP- RIVIAN R1S QUAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenGT View Post
I have not seen one person comment on the fact that Bmw is trying something new they’re trying to be innovative they’re trying to create a structure of elegance and performance.

but yet you got all of these 20 to 30 year
Olds who can’t get the snot off their nose, who wants to make a comment on something they know nothing about.

At lest Bmw is trying to be innovative they’re trying to do something new I don’t know why people have such a problem. Goodness God for bid they take away your gasoline, engine and stupid exhaust.
Lol. It’s the 20 and 30 year olds who haven’t seen a design like this before. If you’re over 30, it looks like a soul train car.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2023, 07:18 PM   #61
NikMN
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 n63tu

If you take bmw badges off does it look like a bmw?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2023, 07:53 PM   #62
alphawawa
Blue Blood
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW M3 Coupe/TiAg+IR/6MT

A serious return to elegance and confident handsomeness. The silouette and proportions are sharky, European, subtly muscular, and tasteful. People raised on Angry Birds, GTA, and the F&F will finally get an injection of class into their automotive conciousness.

This design language and the vehicles they’ll make with it are going to slay.

C : 2005 BMW M3 / 2013 BMW X3
P : 1969 VW Beetle / 1989 BMW 320i / 1991 BMW 318is / [a ton of BMWs between 99 and 2012] / 1991 Porsche 944 S2
Appreciate 4
Frosty780.00
FrozenGT1116.50
ZHPdave10.50
Tch-Nrd124.50
      09-02-2023, 07:59 PM   #63
Frosty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M240i - 2021 - 6MT -

..BEAUTIFUL! Very very very excited if BMW takes this direction. While the Coupe' has a limited appeal, a coupe' of this would be stupendous
Prelude (5MT) (1995)
Appreciate 1
Tch-Nrd124.50
      09-02-2023, 08:17 PM   #64
Frosty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M240i - 2021 - 6MT -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moopai View Post
For those of us who are complaining about the big grill of the new 7 which includes me, BMW future front end will be a full grill
..something about this is elegant and attractive and diametrically opposed to the tall central grill that perhaps exudes a more garish separation from the whole. Here I feel the integration while large is perfect (for my humble taste )
Prelude (5MT) (1995)
Appreciate 1
ted99242.00
      09-02-2023, 08:27 PM   #65
hufington
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 m50i

Garage List
Just SMH!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2023, 08:53 PM   #66
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Never thought that the recent stream of BMW innovations made very clear to me that my next car needs to be a Tesla. The yellow recycled fabric which they all are so proud of, will definitely ease the emotional departure.
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN16537.50