BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Stock to Fully Modded (help please): Downpipes, Tuning and Lowering

03-14-2021, 04:06 PM   #1
BrntRubber
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 991 Speedster and F90 M5

Lightbulb Stock to Fully Modded (help please): Downpipes, Tuning and Lowering

Hi Guys,

I am in the final stages of sniping a 2018 M5 and am set on a black 2018 with smoke white interior or Silverstone and black interior. I will be using this thread to document the process including aesthetic (wheels and lots of cf on exterior) and performance mods.

Although I wanted a pure deep black as I want to buy lots of carbon pieces and black wheels with a polished lip, I have only found 2 Azurite black metallic cars that are fully loaded with the interior I like. If I can't find a pure black car shortly with a spec I like then I will go for azurite.

Covid is making it impossible for me to see it the paint in the flesh.

Any thoughts on Azurite?

The reason I am going for the 2018 instead of a comp is that the 2018 in the UK doesn't have the particulate filter and rides much softer. This is not for the track so comfort is key.

I would really like some help and advice please as I will be ordering the mods in the next week or two:

Downpipes:
I understand this is a necessity to unleash the power.
- How bad is the fuel smell? Is the smell so strong that it would be uncomfortable for the kids/wife or is it barely noticeable?I have a 5 and 7 year old soif the fumes are really bad this is a no go. IF it hardly noticebale then I will go ahead,

- Any particular make that represents good quality and value? There is a company called Evolve near me that offer Downpipes ecu tune and gearbox tune. Any thoughts?

Tune (with Downpipes):
Additional 110hp & 150lb/ft on a stock vehicle
https://www.evolveautomotive.com/mak...mw-f90-m5.html
Is this a realistic gain and is this regarded as conservative or aggressive?

Can anyone comment on how noticeable this is versus stock? Feels like totally different car?

The cars I am considering have between and 15k and 25k miles and I want to make sure these mods are not too brutal on the engine and gearbox and, as a result,massively shorten the lifespan of key components too much.

Lowering Springs:
Aside from eliminating the wheel gap, I want to keep the ride very comfortable. This is another reason why I want a non comp car as the comp ride too rough.
- MSS Adjustable (Recomended by Evolve)
https://www.evolveautomotive.com/mak...mw-f90-m5.html
KW adjustable
Eibach
Any advice on which lowers the car the most and is the most soft and comfortable?

Thank you all for taking the time to read and give me some advice. It is much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 04:41 AM   #2
Glemm1970
Lieutenant
Russia
Rep
Drives: BMW M140IX.

Why spend a lot of money? Here, you will do everything yourself.
https://mhdtuning.com/products/mhd-s...icense-for-s63