BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    LCI UK Eisenmann

04-09-2024, 03:53 AM   #1
F90_UK_475
Registered
Rep
Drives: F90 Comp & E39 Champagne

LCI UK Eisenmann

Morning all

I've got a 22' LCI so suffer with the OPF in terms of sound

The car for me is a keeper so looking at options to get a little more of the V8 sound, I can't say I miss the pops an bangs from my pre LCI so much just after a bit more of a grumble

I don't want to mess about with OPF bypassing etc so thinking the Eisenmann rear section might be a good option

Anyone had it done on an OPF vehicle, what the sound like?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 09:14 PM   #2
M5 London
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 LCI - Aventurine Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by F90_UK_475 View Post
Morning all

I've got a 22' LCI so suffer with the OPF in terms of sound

The car for me is a keeper so looking at options to get a little more of the V8 sound, I can't say I miss the pops an bangs from my pre LCI so much just after a bit more of a grumble

I don't want to mess about with OPF bypassing etc so thinking the Eisenmann rear section might be a good option

Anyone had it done on an OPF vehicle, what the sound like?

Thanks

The overall opinion is, with OPFs in place, especially on an LCi, an Axle Back aftermarket system does not sound much better than stock really

There's a chap in Europe who can remotely switch off the OPF reading by the DME. A Few LCi UK owners have had this done and all good.

So fitting a whole cat back non OPF system is much more straight forward now. So you could go for a full catback system less the OPFs. Remove your existing full system and fit a new one from Remus or Milltek for example.

But I think your concern may also be your factoty warranty perhaps?

I've had my 21 LCi here from new and I'm now looking into doing a few things to mine including the above.
      04-16-2024, 05:51 AM   #3
brokeboi
Private
Rep
Drives: F90

Do yourself a favor and get an OPF delete and replace it with an Eisenmann X-pipe. It will sound WAY much better. I did it on mine, and I'm going to get the Eisenmann valved axleback later this year to complete the catback system.

I've heard a F90 LCI with Akrapovic axleback irl, and compared it side by side to my then bone stock 2019 Comp with OPF. The sound was very underwhelming, and I had to really focus to hear any difference. Axleback systems does very little for OPF F90s and is a waste of money unless it is combined with other exhaust mods. You have to delete the OPF or go catless DPs with a tune to get some proper sound.
Appreciate 0