BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    rate my purchase '23 M5 Comp (bailed on x3mc)

04-26-2023, 12:32 AM   #1
e9xslow
Emperor
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
What’s up everybody, just snagged this beast. Feel like I got a hell of a deal, especially with the market we’re still dealing with.
I had a build placed for a X3MC through a broker. Was waiting and waiting (3-4 weeks) and had not received a production code. Decided to stop by a local dealership and saw this beast calling my name. Although it doesn’t have my first choice of interior, the exterior is amazing to me. No b&w either, which may seem like a big deal to some but I felt like this offer was too good to refuse.

2023 M5 Competition
36 months / 7500 miles
MSRP - 122.900 usd
After discount - 115,000

Ended up signing for
2750 due at signing (everything rolled into the payments)

1658 / month

The X3MC build was 89.8 which I got quoted $1360 / month.
At a MSRP difference of 33k, I felt like the $300 monthly payment was justified.

When they gave me the keys to start this beast I was sold.

So what do you think? Did I get a good deal?

Went to 2 other dealerships, sticker roughly 8k more would have cost me about 22/23 a month which just didn’t make sense to me. The closest deal I found was 5k out at signing with a monthly payment of $1880.
So what do you think?

Would you have got b&w & ccb, or would have liked the trigger like me?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-26-2023, 01:21 AM   #2
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

If you've never heard the n&w you don't know what you're missing so I wouldn't sweat it. But having driven both back to back it SUCKS having the hk. Just enjoy the car, I'm sure you will! That being said I have no experience with leases so I can't comment on the deal being good or bad.
Appreciate 2
      04-26-2023, 01:25 AM   #3
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e9xslow View Post
What’s up everybody, just snagged this beast. Feel like I got a hell of a deal, especially with the market we’re still dealing with.
I’m all about leasing DDs. Not a bad deal for just walking into a dealership and having it sitting there if it just worked out like that. SRG suits the LCI very well if you ask me. You probably got very close to the buy rate on the MF.

My LCI is a Covid car, so I also do not have BW, and I didn’t opt for CCBs on this car. You can always upgrade the HK to BavSound. Comp, DAPP, and Exec are essentials on this car in my opinion, and you’ve checked all those boxes.

Seems like everything fit and worked out for you. Perhaps you had to skimp on the miles a bit to get to that payment with just taxes and fees down, but if they’re enough for you, that’s all that matters. Plus, when leased through BMWFS, not only can you purchase additional mileage after lease inception, you can amortize the cost of said miles over your remaining number of lease payments. What’s the RV with such a low mileage allotment?

Also, you’ll now have the last remaining V8 pure ICE M car, and I think there’s value in that. This car is also way more fun than the X3MC.

Congratulations once again and welcome to the fam!
      04-26-2023, 01:35 AM   #4
e9xslow
Emperor
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
I’m all about leasing DDs. Not a bad deal for just walking into a dealership and having it sitting there if it just worked out like that. SRG suits the LCI very well if you ask me. You probably got very close to the buy rate on the MF.

My LCI is a Covid car, so I also do not have BW, and I didn’t opt for CCBs on this car. You can always upgrade the HK to BavSound.

Seems like everything fit and worked out for you. Perhaps you had to skimp on the miles a bit to get to that payment with just taxes and fees down, but if they’re enough for you, that’s all that matters. Plus, when leased through BMWFS, not only can you purchase additional mileage after lease inception, you can amortize the cost of said miles over your remaining number of lease payments. What’s the RV with such a low mileage allotment?

Also, you’ll now have the last remaining V8 pure ICE M car, and I think there’s value in that. This car is also way more fun than the X3MC.

Congratulations once again and welcome to the fam!
RV was 58%.
After shopping around and calling multiple brokers, it seemed to be a unicorn. Came back to the dealership 6 hours later and told them to get it done haha !

Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2023, 01:38 AM   #5
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e9xslow View Post
RV was 58%.
After shopping around and calling multiple brokers, it seemed to be a unicorn. Came back to the dealership 6 hours later and told them to get it done haha !

Thanks again!
You’re welcome! I would have thought RV might be one or two points higher at 7.5k/year, but I have not looked into March or April lease programs on the M5. Nonetheless, we’re talking minimal money in the grand scheme of things considering immediate delivery.

At the end of the day you got a car that you’re happy with and didn’t have to wait more than a handful of hours. Win, win in my book!

Enjoy the hell out of it — I know you will.
      04-26-2023, 05:56 AM   #6
barzzzznj
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Currently also shopping for one and I would have said yes to this deal as well

I got quoted a similar price of $1650 but that was with 10k out of pocket.

What did you pay up front? 1st months + dealer fees?

Taxes rolled into your payments?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2023, 08:47 AM   #7
e9xslow
Emperor
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by barzzzznj View Post
Currently also shopping for one and I would have said yes to this deal as well

I got quoted a similar price of $1650 but that was with 10k out of pocket.

What did you pay up front? 1st months + dealer fees?

Taxes rolled into your payments?
Taxes and fees rolled into payments
1st month and dmv fees due at signing. They offered to give it to me for 1400 if I were to put 10k out of pocket
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2023, 09:15 AM   #8
barzzzznj
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Do they have anymore on the lot? Also, what dealership was this if you dont mind sharing?
Appreciate 1
e9xslow92.50
      04-26-2023, 04:53 PM   #9
logicators
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Good deal and specs. Enjoy!
Appreciate 1
e9xslow92.50
      04-28-2023, 10:30 AM   #10