BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis    18" Rear Wheel w/Carbon Ceramics?

10-14-2023, 03:26 PM   #1
bbradyc5
BMW Noob
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M8 Comp

18" Rear Wheel w/Carbon Ceramics?

Anyone on here ever run a 18” rear wheel on carbon ceramic brake setup? Wondering if this will clear or not
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2023, 05:34 PM   #2
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbradyc5 View Post
Anyone on here ever run a 18” rear wheel on carbon ceramic brake setup? Wondering if this will clear or not
I don’t know if this is helpful or not, but I’ll drop a small piece of info here. Since the F90 doesn’t come with a spare tire, I ordered a kit from Modern Spare for a road trip last year. When I purchased the kit, the owner told me that I’d be receiving their new design which featured a 19” wheel that no longer needed the spacer that the old 18” kit would. It seems that when they put their 18” kit, it needed a spacer to clear CCBs. I’d venture to say that even if an 18” wheel is possible, you’d need a spacer, unless the reason for their requirement of a spacer was shorter depth of the barrel compared to a full size wheel.

I’ve never attempted to confirm this myself, and I am unsure as to the exact answer to your question, but I’m sure someone here will have it.