BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis    OEM F90 M5 Comp springs on an F90 M5 base?

09-09-2023, 07:33 AM   #1
bmellion
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

OEM F90 M5 Comp springs on an F90 M5 base?

Looking for some information and guidance, so thank you in advance. I have a 2020 M5 base. I’d like to lower it and put some spacers on it with the standard 706M wheels. Can I just get OEM M5 Comp springs and put those on my car to get the OEM M5 Comp stance? I’m not looking for anything too aggressive…just the M5 Comp stance on an M5 base. Or am I missing something else? Has anyone just done this? And which size spacers front and rear for a pretty flush look?

I could go the route of aftermarket springs or an HAS kit, but would rather keep the OEM look. Your help and guidance is very much appreciated. Thank you.
2013 BMW M6 Eisenmann Race(gone)
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2023, 06:09 PM   #2
Tdotwin
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmellion View Post
Looking for some information and guidance, so thank you in advance. I have a 2020 M5 base. I’d like to lower it and put some spacers on it with the standard 706M wheels. Can I just get OEM M5 Comp springs and put those on my car to get the OEM M5 Comp stance? I’m not looking for anything too aggressive…just the M5 Comp stance on an M5 base. Or am I missing something else? Has anyone just done this? And which size spacers front and rear for a pretty flush look?

I could go the route of aftermarket springs or an HAS kit, but would rather keep the OEM look. Your help and guidance is very much appreciated. Thank you.
My comp came with 10mm spacers all around and I didn’t really know it until someone pointed out how my car looks low stock. After reviewing its because of the spacers and the fact that it was already lower because its a comp. I did however change my front spacers to 15mm to fill even more wheel gap and it looked flushed.

The tuner in me thought wanted even lower so I went with some H&R springs to achieve an even lower look.

If you want just a little lower than comp springs and spacers will help you achieve the look without sacrificing being lower to the ground by much.

Let me know I have my stock springs I will sell at a good price with 30k miles on them.
Appreciate 0