BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Classifieds Members Classifieds    FS: RaceChip GTS Black with App - M5 Competition

11-05-2019, 10:25 AM   #1
Griffin337
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

FS: RaceChip GTS Black with App - M5 Competition

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
RaceChip GTS Black with bluetooth for M5 Competition. Worked great but decided to Flash so my loss is your gain. Used for approximately 6 weeks.

From RaceChip:

State-of-the-art for high-performance vehicles. The combination of ultramodern hardware, cutting-edge software and technology. Experience the intense joy of driving on challenging cross-country roads, the thrill of commanding acceleration away from traffic lights - all roads lead to RaceChip GTS Black.

7 fine tuning mappings Up to +20% MPG 2x re-programming
if you change your car; App control.

Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 12:57 PM   #2
srttan
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F90 Competition

Hello, how much are you asking?

This is my first BMW, can you tell what is the difference between flashing the CPU oppose to just using this device?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 01:33 PM   #3
Griffin337
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by srttan View Post
Hello, how much are you asking?

This is my first BMW, can you tell what is the difference between flashing the CPU oppose to just using this device?
Sorry about that.. I just updated the price, $625.00.

Some people don't want to flash for fear of warranty issue. People can debate if an piggyback can be detected but it is typically thought as a safer way to get the extra performance. The RaceChip can be installed and/or removed in under 10 mins and your ECU wont show it was flashed. You can't tune it as precisely as you can with a flash but for most people that shouldn't matter. The RaceChip is simple and effective and priced right. If you want the absolutely best possible for your unique engine then you will have to flash.

I didn't dyno with the RaceChip nor stock so i dont have numbers to compare. Seat of the pants the piggyback helps, flash helps more.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 02:07 PM   #4
srttan
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F90 Competition

ok, thank you for quick reply. I'm still up in the air if i want to do anything to this car. It's already stupid fast.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 02:59 PM   #5
Griffin337
Private First Class
Rep

I was the same way. For the money the RaceChip was a bargain and added a little bit more. Its nice to have the app to set it to fullout or off if you so desire. Some say it helps with gas mileage too but I didn't use it enough to know.
Appreciate 0