BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Took delivery of MBB M5. 1st stop XPEL + Ceramic

08-13-2019, 11:00 AM   #1
MBBM5COMP
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M8 Convertible

Took delivery of MBB M5. 1st stop XPEL + Ceramic

Had to get it from FL as the GA dealers would not deal. They treat every car as if were the rarest Enzos with no or minimal discounts. Here are some pics of MBB / SS F90 M5 getting XPEL PLUS and CeramicPro coating at AP3 protective films in Alpharetta GA. There were many good ppf co's out there but these guys also did Ceramic. The photos and videos still do not reflect how insane the depth of the shine is, aircraft quality of the xpel installation...

Attached Images

08-13-2019, 11:25 AM   #2
Hirenarora
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Beautiful. How are you liking the MBB in person. I thinking of the MBB myself with Argon interior. I really wanted the Singapore gray but the MBB is just stuck in my head lol. I have never done XPEL before but I have heard its a must. I plan on keeping this for good 5-6 years.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 11:37 AM   #3
MBBM5COMP
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M8 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirenarora View Post
Beautiful. How are you liking the MBB in person. I thinking of the MBB myself with Argon interior. I really wanted the Singapore gray but the MBB is just stuck in my head lol. I have never done XPEL before but I have heard its a must. I plan on keeping this for good 5-6 years.
Thanks! Originally I wanted to get Black, or Alpine White thinking I'd get sick of looking at the MBB.. but now I sneak into my garage randomly to stare at the color, especially after ceramic coating.

MBB aragon was a toss up for me vs. silverstone. You win either way. Aragon looks very classy and looks good against the blue. XPEL is a must.. tons of construction where I am and road rash with sticky tires are inevitable on the rockers and lower doors. I had the full front package (Hood, fenders, nose, headlights, a-pillars, mirrors) + rocker panels, lower doors, rear lower quarters, and trunk entry area. They first do paint correction first to remove all blemishes and swirls or spider webbing, then the film, and final step ceramic.
      08-13-2019, 12:31 PM   #4
Greer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Looks sweet!
2014 F10 M5 Competition
2003 E39 M5
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 01:35 PM   #5
BlueBMWM5CP
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition Marina Bay

Garage List
Awesome looks great nice work on the film protection also! Enjoy it!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 03:18 PM   #6
floating.spirit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Garage List
2020 X3MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBBM5COMP View Post
Quote:
Thanks! Originally I wanted to get Black, or Alpine White thinking I'd get sick of looking at the MBB.. but now I sneak into my garage randomly to stare at the color, especially after ceramic coating.

MBB aragon was a toss up for me vs. silverstone. You win either way. Aragon looks very classy and looks good against the blue. XPEL is a must.. tons of construction where I am and road rash with sticky tires are inevitable on the rockers and lower doors. I had the full front package (Hood, fenders, nose, headlights, a-pillars, mirrors) + rocker panels, lower doors, rear lower quarters, and trunk entry area. They first do paint correction first to remove all blemishes and swirls or spider webbing, then the film, and final step ceramic.
Paint correction on a brand new Car?

Awesome video and car looks amaze too!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 03:31 PM   #7
Hockeytyme
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5C

Quote:

Lol, I'm fighting the urge daily. I wanted black and then went to some frozen colors and then back to black. And then I saw Wheel Boutiques shop car and Pazzo009 MBB and was sold on blue instantly. Never would have thought I would ever want a blue car. So I had already ordered my black 20' and then went back to the dealer to look at a MBB on the lot that was parked next to a black one. I was kind of disappointed. The car looked much darker in person and didn't have that shine I hoped for like these pictures.

The car was dirty on the lot which didn't help. I'm wondering how much the paint correction and the ceramic coating brighten and shine it up.

Being that the factory is on shut down this month I still have time to change my color.. talk me into it someone!! haha
Attached Images

IG: @hockeytyme All runs on street with no prep on 21 inch wheels and PS4S tires
Appreciate 1
      08-13-2019, 03:47 PM   #8
Hirenarora
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeytyme View Post
Quote:

Lol, I'm fighting the urge daily. I wanted black and then went to some frozen colors and then back to black. And then I saw Wheel Boutiques shop car and Pazzo009 MBB and was sold on blue instantly. Never would have thought I would ever want a blue car. So I had already ordered my black 20' and then went back to the dealer to look at a MBB on the lot that was parked next to a black one. I was kind of disappointed. The car looked much darker in person and didn't have that shine I hoped for like these pictures.

The car was dirty on the lot which didn't help. I'm wondering how much the paint correction and the ceramic coating brighten and shine it up.

Being that the factory is on shut down this month I still have time to change my color.. talk me into it someone!! haha
Beautiful car!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 05:18 PM   #9
bradleyjs
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5B, 2006 E60 550i

Garage List
I think the pics sells itself - nice car!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 06:07 PM   #10
M5Competition561
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Competition

Quote:
Had to get it from FL as the GA dealers would not deal. They treat every car as if were the rarest Enzos with no or minimal discounts. Here are some pics of MBB / SS F90 M5 getting XPEL PLUS and CeramicPro coating at AP3 protective films in Alpharetta GA. There were many good ppf co's out there but these guys also did Ceramic. The photos and videos still do not reflect how insane the depth of the shine is, aircraft quality of the xpel installation...

Beautiful car. I also have a MBB Competition but with Aragon brown interior.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 06:38 PM   #11
norbtx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5

Congrats!
      08-13-2019, 07:38 PM   #12
Pazzo009
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M,M3(46&36),812SF

MBB is truly an amazing and vibrant color. This is part of the ///M heritage. When they introduce a car they typically introduce a few cool colors to go with it. I've had Interlagos and I've had Monte Carlo blue. MBB is my favorite for the M5.

Black goes great with BMW's in general, but imo lacks the vibrance for a ///M car. This color stands out yet is sporty, classy, and has a beautiful depth. I know you went to the dealer and saw one, but it's one of those colors that as you own it and see it variations of light, you love it more and more. Thats at least how I feel about it. Good luck bro
E36 M3 Avus
Appreciate 2
      08-13-2019, 08:09 PM   #13
Hirenarora
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Competition561 View Post
Quote:

Mind sharing any pics of the Aragon interior. I am going for the exact spec.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 08:13 PM   #14
ActionDH
Private
Rep
Drives: M5

No love for the tartufo, MBB M5C with full tartufo, wouldn't go back
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 08:32 PM   #15
M5Competition561
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sure here are a bunch
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      08-13-2019, 08:36 PM   #16
Hirenarora
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sure here are a bunch
Oh man. That is nice. I am glad I am going MBB with Aragon. Thank you so much.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 08:41 PM   #17
M5Competition561
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sure here are a bunch
Oh man. That is nice. I am glad I am going MBB with Aragon. Thank you so much.
You're welcome! Share pics when you get it and congrats!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 09:37 PM   #18
Neptune7
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Get the best of both worlds - some blue and some black - aka Azurite
Appreciate 1
      08-13-2019, 09:47 PM   #19
Hockeytyme
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazzo009 View Post
MBB is truly an amazing and vibrant color. This is part of the ///M heritage. When they introduce a car they typically introduce a few cool colors to go with it. I've had Interlagos and I've had Monte Carlo blue. MBB is my favorite for the M5.

Black goes great with BMW's in general, but imo lacks the vibrance for a ///M car. This color stands out yet is sporty, classy, and has a beautiful depth. I know you went to the dealer and saw one, but it's one of those colors that as you own it and see it variations of light, you love it more and more. Thats at least how I feel about it. Good luck bro
Thanks for the words. I do love the look of your car, it's damn sexy. I'm thinking hard and leaning towards switching to MBB.
IG: @hockeytyme All runs on street with no prep on 21 inch wheels and PS4S tires
Appreciate 1
Pazzo0091107.50
      09-15-2019, 09:14 PM   #20
floating.spirit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Garage List
2020 X3MC  [0.00]
OP , what did the expel and ceramic cost you?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 10:06 PM   #21
soopa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

Killer combo!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 06:59 AM   #22
Jimmy K
Private First Class
United_States