Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B48 4-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications High gear power cutting out under load

04-30-2024, 03:33 PM   #1
tylers1027
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 330I

High gear power cutting out under load

I installed my JB4 this past weekend and ever since I've been having power cuts in high gears when at low throttle. For example; I'm on the highway and going up a slight incline, I give the car just a little bit of gas and after a few seconds it feels like power cutting in & out/shaking/sputtering. If I give it enough gas to downshift it's fine; just when remaining in the highest gear under steady load (around 1700-1900rpm) it's doing this.

I haven't had this problem with the JB+ (and installed new plugs 3K miles ago); just began as soon as I put the JB4 on. Curious if anyone else has experienced this? FYI no check engine light when this occurs. I posted logs a couple days ago on the JB4 tuner forum but still awaiting response.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2024, 06:00 PM   #2
tylers1027
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Dang; also just discovered that since installing the JB4 my exhaust flap won't open. Whether in comfort or sport; the flap stays closed. Worked fine prior to JB4 install. Kindof bummed to be having these issues after spending over $700 on this thing.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2024, 06:41 PM   #3
Onetotree
Registered
Rep
Drives: '22 M340i RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylers1027 View Post
Dang; also just discovered that since installing the JB4 my exhaust flap won't open. Whether in comfort or sport; the flap stays closed. Worked fine prior to JB4 install. Kindof bummed to be having these issues after spending over $700 on this thing.
You probably have the can flap control enabled and have the valves set to always closed. Just press and hold the “bc” button for 3ish seconds to cycle through stock control (both turn signal arrows blink), always open (left arrow), always closed (right arrow).
Appreciate 1
      04-30-2024, 07:06 PM   #4
tylers1027
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onetotree View Post
You probably have the can flap control enabled and have the valves set to always closed. Just press and hold the “bc” button for 3ish seconds to cycle through stock control (both turn signal arrows blink), always open (left arrow), always closed (right arrow).
Thanks for the info! I didn't even realize this was a setting I had to change. For now I removed the JB4 and put the JB+ back on. As soon as I removed the JB4 the jerking/hesitation at low rpm's is gone. BMS said it sounded like the jerking was due to low octane but I'm running 93octane and the JB+ has no issues. FYI I was on Map 1 with the JB4 (+3psi) and running the same +3psi on the JB+.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 06:47 PM   #5
tylers1027
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onetotree View Post
Put it back on and did get the canflap to work! I had the newest v23 beta firmware installed my default. It looks like with the canflap under "oem operation" the flap stayed open whether in sport or comfort mode. I installed firmware v22 and now it works correctly (open in sport and closed in comfort)
Appreciate 0