F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > ISTEP QUESTION plz
Studio RSR

01-20-2019, 02:35 PM   #1
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 6sp

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
ISTEP QUESTION plz

Hey so I did some more reading regarding the TCB issue I've been having and I found one instance where a individual brought his car in for a scheduled ECU upgrade and in doing so when he got the car back there was multiple idrive messages that showed up from him trying to add car to connected drive car prior, so I'm assuming that I step might be a key. Unfortunately my TCB retrofit didnt go as planned as Mashman but I was just wondering if anybody had some solid info on WHETHER OR NOT THE NBT HAS TO BE ON SAME ISTEP AS TCB for it to work properly.

Thanks in advance everybody
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 11:30 PM   #2
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightf30 View Post
Hey so I did some more reading regarding the TCB issue I've been having and I found one instance where a individual brought his car in for a scheduled ECU upgrade and in doing so when he got the car back there was multiple idrive messages that showed up from him trying to add car to connected drive car prior, so I'm assuming that I step might be a key. Unfortunately my TCB retrofit didnt go as planned as Mashman but I was just wondering if anybody had some solid info on WHETHER OR NOT THE NBT HAS TO BE ON SAME ISTEP AS TCB for it to work properly.

Are you trying to update car with ISTA? Are you attempting or is Dealer?

Do you have any retrofitted modules in your car? If so, what?

What is your TCB issue?
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2019, 11:36 PM   #3
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 6sp

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightf30 View Post

Are you trying to update car with ISTA? Are you attempting or is Dealer?

Do you have any retrofitted modules in your car? If so, what?

What is your TCB issue?
Thanks for the reply, basically I have a retrofitted NBT with emulator and a TCB, I virginized the the NBT and imported FSCs and VO code with the vin that belonged to the TCB so there would be no mismatch. The car detects the TCB just fine but I have been trying to send the activation pin from my connected drive account to the car for 4 weeks and it hasn't received it a single time (I've been trying everyday) there is no issue online when I try to add it successfully add and just requires the pin from the car but I never get the pin in the car under connected drive messages.

What I was saying in original post was that there was a instance way back where after dealer update the messages with the pin from every time the user tryied to add car to account showed up instantly.

That's what brought me to wondering whether or not the istep was important to this whole thing.

List of retrofits:

NBT w/emulator and bigger controller
TBX
TCB
FZD
Appreciate 0