BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums iDrive, Nav, Stereo, Bluetooth, Electronics    Active Sound

05-30-2018, 05:44 PM   #23
Tucsonbroker
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
iPhone or other guy phone with ap.....Bimmercode...and the bluetooth or Wifi dongle to plug into the diagnostic port.

Software is about $25 if I recall, and the dongle was on Amazon for $21..

Vgate iCar 2 Mini ELM327 OBD II WiFi Car Diagnostic Scan Tool for iOS and Android with Switch Auto Sleep ( White & Blue )

Mike
That is pretty sweet. Gotta love technology these days, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 02:33 PM   #24
Aronis
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Ok, Now I feel so dumb. I got my car back from service and of course they wiped all my presets and reactivated ASD. But I never did check to see just what the button on the console really does and BMW's info on it is sketchy. I thought it turn something outside on and off. But no, it turns the ASD off. D'ooh. Coding it is not necessary at all. Unless there is some other ASD on, pushing that button 'off' makes my car quiet inside. Am I missing something here?

Mike

(I keep forgetting to back up my presets before service, D'ooh)

2018 M5 and 2019 Porsche Boxster GTS
Prior. '94 325is, '97 M3 Lux, '16 M2
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 06:33 PM   #25
Ever34
Lieutenant
Rep

If you are going to give BimmerCode app a try best to get either unicarscan or obdlink mx adapter. Many of the possible coding options will only work with one of these two adapters.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 09:27 PM   #26
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Ok, Now I feel so dumb. I got my car back from service and of course they wiped all my presets and reactivated ASD. But I never did check to see just what the button on the console really does and BMW's info on it is sketchy. I thought it turn something outside on and off. But no, it turns the ASD off. D'ooh. Coding it is not necessary at all. Unless there is some other ASD on, pushing that button 'off' makes my car quiet inside. Am I missing something here?

Mike

New button not available on previous cars. Nice that BMW added.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2019, 10:20 AM   #27
Aronis
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever34 View Post
If you are going to give BimmerCode app a try best to get either unicarscan or obdlink mx adapter. Many of the possible coding options will only work with one of these two adapters.
I have used Bimmercode without trouble with the adapter I have.

When I tried to turn on Video in motion on my '16 M2 I had some trouble but since then an update in Bimmercode corrected that. I did it on my '18 M5 without trouble.

Mike
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2019, 07:39 PM   #28
Ever34
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever34 View Post
I have used Bimmercode without trouble with the adapter I have.

When I tried to turn on Video in motion on my '16 M2 I had some trouble but since then an update in Bimmercode corrected that. I did it on my '18 M5 without trouble.

Mike
I'm sure it works. But you are missing so many options. I have 2 adapters and there is a big difference in coding options between the two.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2019, 09:06 PM   #29
StealthM5
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21'M5, 24'IX50, 16'Jeep Rubi

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi2M3 View Post
Has anyone tried to disable it in the F90? It was very easy to do in the F80 if you had a HK sound system. You just had to pull one plug and the rest of the sound system still worked perfectly.
I have the Carly app which I used on my F10 M5 which also works on the F90 M5. I used this to disable active sound. There must be a new software update because a number of the other programming options were greyed out. I reached out to Help desk to see if they have update to permit more programming. Will let you know once I get an update.
21’ F90 M5C Frozen Dark Grey/Tartufo (all options except NV) Prior: 19' F90 M5C DG/Aragon (all options except NV); 14’ F1O M5 SG/SS; 11’ E92 M3 SB/BL; 06’ E60 M5 SS/BL; 00’ E39 M5 CB/CAR; 95’ E36 M3 AB/DG
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 04:05 PM   #30
marcvtec
Banned
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:

Mike

I thought the button also closes the valves on the exhaust
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 05:33 PM   #31
Aronis
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvtec View Post
I thought the button also closes the valves on the exhaust
I thought that too, but need to find out for sure. That was my original belief so I did the decoding so I would leave the outside sound alone. I have not recoded it since I still have to go in for a replacement part and don't want to do it again and again. LOL.

I still have not figured out how to save all the button presets? I thought it can be downloaded to a thumb drive, but have been too busy to mess with it.

When they replaced my windshield they used the wrong replacement sensor for the automatic windshield wipers and the one they used is ok for the wipers but not for the heads up display. They should have looked at the part number on the old one instead of blindly trusting the online manual. LOL. That part has to be new each time in order for it to properly stick to the window. Nice design. (such bullshit). It's $600. So when you get a new windshield its more than just the cost of the glass. For $0.20 worth of glue or something. Nice touch.

Mike

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 06:50 PM   #32
marcvtec
Banned
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
I thought that too, but need to find out for sure. That was my original belief so I did the decoding so I would leave the outside sound alone. I have not recoded it since I still have to go in for a replacement part and don't want to do it again and again. LOL.

I still have not figured out how to save all the button presets? I thought it can be downloaded to a thumb drive, but have been too busy to mess with it.

When they replaced my windshield they used the wrong replacement sensor for the automatic windshield wipers and the one they used is ok for the wipers but not for the heads up display. They should have looked at the part number on the old one instead of blindly trusting the online manual. LOL. That part has to be new each time in order for it to properly stick to the window. Nice design. (such bullshit). It's $600. So when you get a new windshield its more than just the cost of the glass. For $0.20 worth of glue or something. Nice touch.

Mike
Mike, according to other threads thats what that button does, please check it out to confirm, thanks.
Appreciate 0