BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums iDrive, Nav, Stereo, Bluetooth, Electronics    Bowers & Wilkins & Weight question

03-25-2018, 09:29 PM   #23
TheRealOrosie
BMW Fan Boy
United_States
Rep
Drives: //M

Quote:
Originally Posted by styler69 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Country F90 View Post
I have never understood spending thousands on a sound system in a car. For many of the reasons listed above, anything beyond a "good sounding" stereo in a car is a waste. Don't get me wrong, I am an audiophile at heart, and have a 30k system in my media room at home...but for the car, spending thousands more on Bowers and Wilkins "Diamond" speakers is a total waste. I think the Diamond label is a bit misleading as well, as the speakers in the car are in no way the quality of say a pair of 805D3s.

Just my opinion, of course. To each, their own.

Couldn't disagree more for this car. I found the B&W substantially better. The HK sounds really thin, B&W fuller and flatter. I think the m5 is quiet enough that the difference is audible and obvious. The HK is really lacking in bass. Whether that worth 3400 is another question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by styler69 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Country F90 View Post
I have never understood spending thousands on a sound system in a car. For many of the reasons listed above, anything beyond a "good sounding" stereo in a car is a waste. Don't get me wrong, I am an audiophile at heart, and have a 30k system in my media room at home...but for the car, spending thousands more on Bowers and Wilkins "Diamond" speakers is a total waste. I think the Diamond label is a bit misleading as well, as the speakers in the car are in no way the quality of say a pair of 805D3s.

Just my opinion, of course. To each, their own.

Couldn't disagree more for this car. I found the B&W substantially better. The HK sounds really thin, B&W fuller and flatter. I think the m5 is quiet enough that the difference is audible and obvious. The HK is really lacking in bass. Whether that worth 3400 is another question.

Agree to disagree
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2018, 10:16 PM   #24
DallasLife345M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Uber

Doing research now on underseat sub upgrades or maybe even 2 10’s in the trunk. Any suggestions? So far I’ve found JBL Bass Pro 8’s for under the seat upgrade but have seen mixed reviews.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 03:04 AM   #25
Carmelle
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasLife345M View Post
Doing research now on underseat sub upgrades or maybe even 2 10’s in the trunk. Any suggestions? So far I’ve found JBL Bass Pro 8’s for under the seat upgrade but have seen mixed reviews.
One of the shops I was talking to recommended Morel audio as a step up from JBL, could be worth looking into?

I was personally thinking of doing a hidden sub in the trunk, I don't want to go through the trouble of replacing the entire sound system.

I listened to it the other day and it's okkkk but definitely a noticeable step down from my B&O in the Audi's I've had. The low end is definitely sorely lacking :/ so figure the extra sub or two would be a good enough middle ground for now.

Haven't looked into it too much yet though was gonna see how I find it after living with it for a while, then think about replacing it later if need be.
Appreciate 0