BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board    Dumbest panic-buy?

03-17-2020, 08:03 AM   #23
obert
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Every store here is a liquor store
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog3572.50
      03-17-2020, 08:15 AM   #24
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

I was thinking of stocking up on Twinkies, those bad boys have almost an indefinite shelf life.
Appreciate 2
RickFLM410882.00
mc-m3204.00
      03-17-2020, 08:20 AM   #25
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Here is my observations over the last few weeks of watching people freak out. Obviously people have no clue what is happening or what to do, so they are just going out and buying what they thinks make sense.

In the first days, it was TP, Paper towels, cleaning products, fresh meat and pre-package fresh meat like lunch meat. There was plenty of junk food on fresh vegetables and frozen meats.

Then came the run on Peanut Butter, eggs, milk, bread, soups, rice and frozen meats. There was plenty of frozen fish (we bought fish) and paper towels are back on the shelves but no cleaning product which disinfect.

Now the strangest thing I saw at Costco was the women who had boxes of puppy pee pads. Still trying to figure out what she plans to do with pee pads.
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog3572.50
      03-17-2020, 08:31 AM   #26
Shiza
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3, X5, Ram 2500, Wrangler

While just trying to re-up on ammo before my range day I've noticed .223 and 7.62 are both sold out on my typical websites.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 08:41 AM   #27
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
I was thinking of stocking up on Twinkies, those bad boys have almost an indefinite shelf life.
Appreciate 5
Salty Dog3572.50
RickFLM410882.00
vreihen1614892.50
Rmtt8206.00
Sarg33554.50
      03-17-2020, 08:41 AM   #28
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep

“We’re seeing an explosion of ammunition and gun sales over the weekend and even more so today,” said Wes Winkel, who owns and operates Elwood Epps Sporting Goods, a hunting and fishing store north of Orillia.

Along with a rush on toilet paper, the coronavirus pandemic is also fuelling firearms and ammunition sales, says Wes Winkel, president of the Canadian Sporting Arms and Ammunition Association which represents manufacturers, distributors and retailers.

“We’re seeing an explosion of ammunition and gun sales over the weekend and even more so today,” Winkel said Monday, adding that this is a typical reaction in “these kind of uncertain times.”
Appreciate 1
vtown99.00
      03-17-2020, 08:44 AM   #29
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
“We’re seeing an explosion of ammunition and gun sales over the weekend and even more so today,” said Wes Winkel, who owns and operates Elwood Epps Sporting Goods, a hunting and fishing store north of Orillia.

Along with a rush on toilet paper, the coronavirus pandemic is also fuelling firearms and ammunition sales, says Wes Winkel, president of the Canadian Sporting Arms and Ammunition Association which represents manufacturers, distributors and retailers.

“We’re seeing an explosion of ammunition and gun sales over the weekend and even more so today,” Winkel said Monday, adding that this is a typical reaction in “these kind of uncertain times.”
The COVID-19 Civil War will be brutal. At least everyone will have a clean ass on the battlefields.

Also, my panic buy....prework out and whey protein. Sweet Tart flavored LIT AF and Peanut Butter Crunch & Strawberry Milkshake whey.
Appreciate 3
Salty Dog3572.50
Rmtt8206.00
      03-17-2020, 08:46 AM   #30
adc100
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

My grandson is a Marine MP in Yuma. He asked his mom to send TP..no joke.
Appreciate 1
upstatedoc7555.50
      03-17-2020, 08:50 AM   #31
Shiza
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3, X5, Ram 2500, Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
The COVID-19 Civil War will be brutal. At least everyone will have a clean ass on the battlefields.

Also, my panic buy....prework out and whey protein. Sweet Tart flavored LIT AF and Peanut Butter Crunch & Strawberry Milkshake whey.
Yeah, i went to buy my protein the other day and that was sold out too
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      03-17-2020, 09:02 AM   #32
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
I'm doing the opposite. I have a sweet tooth. So, once my supply of candy is done, I am using this as an excuse to force myself to take a break from some junk food.
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog3572.50
      03-17-2020, 09:03 AM   #33
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

What are they gonna do, go out & shoot all the infected?

I haven't bought any ammo in years.
Appreciate 2
Salty Dog3572.50
Littlebear3508.50
      03-17-2020, 09:09 AM   #34
jasnin
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW i3

Garage List
2014 BMW i3  [0.00]
I'm in Florida and this happens whenever there is a hurricane coming. Stocking up on non-perishables.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 09:14 AM   #35
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
I'm doing the opposite. I have a sweet tooth. So, once my supply of candy is done, I am using this as an excuse to force myself to take a break from some junk food.
Good luck!
Attached Images

03-17-2020, 09:31 AM   #36
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:

I just read an article where people, mostly from the liberal haven of Calif going online trying to buy guns and trying to have it shipped to their home only to be pissed off when they are told your not allow but online and shipped to your home. Most of these people say but this is what the media and government keep saying your allowed to buy online. They are even more pissed when told most all guns have waiting period dictated by their state.

This is what happens when the media scares the hell out of people and they all went out and hoarded stuff and now want to by a gun to protect their hoard of TP only to be turned away because they believe the media was telling them the truth.

I wonder if these people also think gullible it not in the dictionary.
Appreciate 3
      03-17-2020, 09:32 AM   #37
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
Yeah, i went to buy my protein the other day and that was sold out too
Seriously? Honestly, this makes me feel better. Glad I'm not the only one who plans to be potentially working out at home. GNC had plenty. What kind of protein do you take and where do you buy?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 09:39 AM   #38
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
In times like these the worst in people often come to surface but thankfully so does the good. I partially blame the businesses in these situations, they really need set a per buyer limit of those goods that are gobbled up fast and they need to ENFORE it.
Read your post about your wife’s issue and I did look it up. Damn, that’s terrible. Hope her condition wasn’t a severe case and that she’s fully recovered or doing so. Best wishes for her.
Thanks. She made a full recovery, but it was a rough go. Liquid diet for almost 3 months. All the stuff you see happening on the outside of the body ...it is all going on within the inside as well.

The immune system attacks everything.

As a result of it...she is limited to what she can take for any kind of illness. Once you have that response, they say you are at high risk of it happening again.
King Rudi13152.00
zx10guy5139.00
      03-17-2020, 09:39 AM   #39
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:

Bullets and bandaids, sir. Bullets and bandaids.

I admit I stopped by and picked up 50 more shotgun shells. 25 of which were for snow geese supposedly, but I think the 1&2 shot would work admirably well on a number of diverse targets as I doubt I'm hunting them anymore this May.

On the chance it doesn't work well, the other 25 were all rifled slugs.

I did have a case of 250 of the .45ACP but found out when I got to the cash they wanted $170 for it. So I left it there...that's about $0.68/round. I can get it for pretty close to $0.50/round at the gun club. Assuming they have any left.

I didn't check, but I think I've got maybe 40-60 rounds of .308 still sitting in the safe. Can't hunt with that so not too worried. Then again, in the event of an apocalypse, I probably won't be concerning myself too greatly with hunting laws. Nor will there be a 3 shell limit in the shotgun either.
Appreciate 3
Salty Dog3572.50
King Rudi13152.00
      03-17-2020, 09:40 AM   #40
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Seriously? Honestly, this makes me feel better. Glad I'm not the only one who plans to be potentially working out at home. GNC had plenty. What kind of protein do you take and where do you buy?
I overheard a dumb old guy whining about gym closed yesterday. Then he starts bragging about his building has a gym & he setup an air hockey table there.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      03-17-2020, 09:41 AM   #41
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Bullets and bandaids, sir. Bullets and bandaids.

I admit I stopped by and picked up 50 more shotgun shells. 25 of which were for snow geese supposedly, but I think the 1&2 shot would work admirably well on a number of diverse targets as I doubt I'm hunting them anymore this May.

On the chance it doesn't work well, the other 25 were all rifled slugs.

I did have a case of 250 of the .45ACP but found out when I got to the cash they wanted $170 for it. So I left it there...that's about $0.68/round. I can get it for pretty close to $0.50/round at the gun club. Assuming they have any left.

I didn't check, but I think I've got maybe 40-60 rounds of .308 still sitting in the safe. Can't hunt with that so not too worried. Then again, in the event of an apocalypse, I probably won't be concerning myself too greatly with hunting laws. Nor will there be a 3 shell limit in the shotgun either.
Guess I should clean my guns & maybe pull the 870 from the safe & load her extended tube up!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 09:41 AM   #42
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
I just read an article where people, mostly from the liberal haven of Calif going online trying to buy guns and trying to have it shipped to their home only to be pissed off when they are told your not allow but online and shipped to your home. Most of these people say but this is what the media and government keep saying your allowed to buy online. They are even more pissed when told most all guns have waiting period dictated by their state.

This is what happens when the media scares the hell out of people and they all went out and hoarded stuff and now want to by a gun to protect their hoard of TP only to be turned away because they believe the media was telling them the truth.

I wonder if these people also think gullible it not in the dictionary.
That's crazy, I can even buy guns and ammo and have it shipped to my home in Canuckistan.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 09:48 AM   #43
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
Guess I should clean my guns & maybe pull the 870 from the safe & load her extended tube up!
100%. Though a good Italian such as yourself should really be handling a lupara should you not? Now go get that saw out.

Also, maybe start inquiring of your neighbours whether they have firearms, under the pretense of wishing to purchase one. That way you'll have a roadmap to all the soft targets in the coming Armageddon.

That is a joke, don't do it, and we aren't heading that way. People do need to settle down.
Appreciate 2
      03-17-2020, 09:49 AM   #44
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: SMB F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
My wife witnessed two women get into an altercation over spaghetti sauce yesterday. One woman (a) had like 20+ jars in her cart, another woman (b) called a manager. the manager told her that she couldn't take all of that.

They proceed to argue for a few minutes when woman (b) grabbed a couple of the jars from the cart and said if I can't have them...you can't.

She then threw the jars on the floor busting them. At that point woman (a) states that if she couldn't keep them...no one was getting any and starts busting jars.

My wife said they probably broke 10 or more jars before the manager could get them to stop.

At that point...both women ran out of the store leaving their carts in the aisle and a big mess.

I told my wife if she sees stuff like this again, just to keep moving. No sense in watching stupidity and if they were that crazy....no telling where it could lead to.
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.bbc....anada-51915723

Time for "caremongering"

History is going to be VERY unkind to loads of people
Appreciate 4
Rmtt8206.00
King Rudi13152.00