BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)    2020 Chinese GP cancelled

02-29-2020, 06:18 PM   #23
apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep
Drives: 335D M-Sport, X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
Guys, the race hasn't yet been cancelled. The linked article is from February 12th and it only points out the race has been postponed, which we already knew. Not to mention the official F1 website has no article confirming the cancellation, nor do any other of the third party websites I frequent.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...NxQB9hj4s.html

https://www.formula1.com/en.html
Those links literally say postponed, not cancelled. Furthermore, the F1 article is also dated February 12th. This is old news. Nothing has changed since the original announcement was made two/three weeks ago. They are still attempting to find a suitable date to run the race and haven't officially declared no Chinese GP in 2020.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58885.50
      02-29-2020, 06:31 PM   #24
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Chinese GP

Quote:
Those links literally say postponed, not cancelled. Furthermore, the F1 article is also dated February 12th. This is old news. Nothing has changed since the original announcement was made two/three weeks ago. They are still attempting to find a suitable date to run the race and haven't officially declared no Chinese GP in 2020.
The articles I've read state it does not look promising that another date to make up for the lost GP will occur.
      02-29-2020, 06:46 PM   #25
apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep
Drives: 335D M-Sport, X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Quote:
The articles I've read state it does not look promising that another date to make up for the lost GP will occur.
Yeah, that's certainly true. It's doubtful a replacement date will be found due to the size of the calendar, costs and logistical challenges.

But a cancellation hasn't been officially announced. Liberty Media will make every effort to find a new date for the race because the are keen to grow in the Chinese market and a race cancellation will hurt their bottom line. But that will be difficult because there aren't many options as to when to reschedule the race, not to mention the teams would have to agree to the new date. Quite a few suggestions have already been shot down:

-running the race during the summer break after the Hungarian GP - teams are opposed to decreasing the time off their staff has during the summer shut down
-swapping dates with the Russian GP - Russian GP promoter said they will not switch dates
-running the race in the one free weekend between the Brazilian GP and Abu Dhabi GP - this would be a triple header and the last time F1 did this during the European rounds, their resources and personnel were stretched too thin. And you can't run the race after Abu Dhabi because Abu Dhabi pays a premium for being the last race of the season

Everything points to the race being cancelled this season, but we won't know until it's officially announced. The logical option is to cancel, but F1 isn't always logical. Remember them still running the Bahrain GP several years ago despite the protests against the race, human rights abuses, and political backlash?
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58885.50
      02-29-2020, 06:49 PM   #26
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Chinese GP

Quote:
Yeah, that's certainly true. It's doubtful a replacement date will be found due to the size of the calendar, costs and logistical challenges.

But a cancellation hasn't been officially announced. Liberty Media will make every effort to find a new date for the race because the are keen to grow in the Chinese market and a race cancellation will hurt their bottom line. But that will be difficult because there aren't many options as to when to reschedule the race, not to mention the teams would have to agree to the new date. Quite a few suggestions have already been shot down:

-running the race during the summer break after the Hungarian GP - teams are opposed to decreasing the time off their staff has during the summer shut down
-swapping dates with the Russian GP - Russian GP promoter said they will not switch dates
-running the race in the one free weekend between the Brazilian GP and Abu Dhabi GP - this would be a triple header and the last time F1 did this during the European rounds, their resources and personnel were stretched too thin. And you can't run the race after Abu Dhabi because Abu Dhabi pays a premium for being the last race of the season

Everything points to the race being cancelled this season, but we won't know until it's officially announced. The logical option is to cancel, but F1 isn't always logical. Remember them still running the Bahrain GP several years ago despite the protests against the race, human rights abuses, and political backlash?
Well said.
      03-01-2020, 03:15 AM   #27
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Whatever happens it's not looking good for the Shanghai venue at this time for the preset time; Brawn has said a reschedule looks the most likely scenario.
So far there is no cure for this outbreak.A clinical trial to test a drug has started at an medical clinic in Omaha with the first participant an affected American from a cruise ship.

Last edited by M5Rick; 03-01-2020 at 03:20 AM..
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2020, 08:57 AM   #28
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Whatever happens it's not looking good for the Shanghai venue at this time for the preset time; Brawn has said a reschedule looks the most likely scenario.
So far there is no cure for this outbreak.A clinical trial to test a drug has started at an medical clinic in Omaha with the first participant an affected American from a cruise ship.
The latest from the UK , 9 AM ...
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58885.50
      03-01-2020, 09:00 AM   #29
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
The latest from the UK , 9 AM ...
''Six had travelled from Italy and two from Iran''...well,no comment there my friend.
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2020, 09:08 AM   #30
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
''Six had travelled from Italy and two from Iran''...well,no comment there my friend.
Yeah I saw it my friend . Today there is + 1 in Belgium . The Belgian woman travelled from France .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58885.50
      03-01-2020, 09:24 AM   #31
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I saw it my friend . Today there is + 1 in Belgium . The Belgian woman travelled from France .
Just from France only ... it's not far or maybe she came to France from somewhere else.
Appreciate 1
      03-02-2020, 04:53 AM   #32
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Just from France only ... it's not far or maybe she came to France from somewhere else.
Today + 6 over here... Total = 8

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58885.50
      03-02-2020, 08:49 PM   #33
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
probably we ll see more cancelations throughout sports and events..
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post
The season opener for MotoGP, scheduled for the coming weekend in Qatar, has been canceled. So has the Thai GP, set for February 22. It looks like the first race will be the USGP at COTA in Austin on April 6.

DORNA is blaming the travel ban in Italy, which would make Rossi, Dovi and several other racers unable to attend, not to mention the Italian teams and mechanics.

Moto2 and Moto3 will race this weekend because they were already in Qatar for testing.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/motorsport/51698839
+1
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2020, 11:34 AM   #34
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
It's risen a bit here to 36 I believe and older unfit people have been told not to venture too far from home into crowds. My wife has got some organic Turmeric and Cranberry capsules to boost our immune system and isopropranol alcohol to spray on hands.
The latest, 168 here and one 7 miles from my home...
It's going fast now !

At work 2 more with the flu and high fever (same symptoms as corona) And that makes the whole situation even more complicated ....

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58885.50
      03-07-2020, 12:32 PM   #35
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
The latest, 168 here and one 7 miles from my home...
It's going fast now !

At work 2 more with the flu and high fever (same symptoms as corona) And that makes the whole situation even more complicated ....
200 here and two dead, again older people with low survivability rate.
Keep spraying that Is. Alcohol on hands and they say don't touch the face, crumbs can't even kiss anyone lol
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2020, 12:57 PM   #36
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
200 here and two dead, again older people with low survivability rate.
Keep spraying that Is. Alcohol on hands and they say don't touch the face, crumbs can't even kiss anyone lol
Bad news my friend !
Just got mail from my niece with bad news . You know (I told you a while ago) that my uncle is very sick ...
Suddenly he couldn't breathe anymore and the ambulance just came to pick him up . The diagnosis is pneumonia and high fever .
In our local hospital they locked him up in corona quarantine .
So ....For the moment we are waiting for the result of the corona test !

Ough !!!

Appreciate 2
M5Rick58885.50
yco5722.50
      03-07-2020, 01:02 PM   #37
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Bad news my friend !
Just got mail from my niece with bad news . You know (I told you a while ago) that my uncle is very sick ...
Suddenly he couldn't breathe anymore and the ambulance just came to pick him up . The diagnosis is pneumonia and high fever .

Ough !!!
Yes I remember and was wondering about him.Sorry to hear that and just told my family; we're all hoping he pulls through this.
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2020, 01:15 PM   #38
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Yes I remember and was wondering about him.Sorry to hear that and just told my family; we're all hoping he pulls through this.
Thank you my friend .

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58885.50
      03-07-2020, 01:24 PM   #39
mk1-fan
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2018 G30 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Bad news my friend !

Ough !!!
Sorry to hear man.
Appreciate 2
yco5722.50