BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion    How about some POSITIVE comments for dealers?

04-06-2017, 06:27 PM   #1
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep
Drives: Several 911's

How about some POSITIVE comments for dealers?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Gentlemen, there are many threads that address the seemingly endless shortcomings and shady dealings of certain dealerships and client advisors. How about a thread that is focused on praise for the good ones? I'll start. I want to give a shout out to Kirk Villeneuve of BMW of Ontario (CA). He is a member here (EINSER M) and many of you know him well. He is a true BMW enthusiast and extremely helpful, even to those he knows will likely never buy a car from him. So cheers to Kirk and to all of the dealers out there who genuinely appreciate ///M cars and selflessly give their time and knowledge in an effort to help others.
Appreciate 2
      04-06-2017, 07:34 PM   #2
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler View Post
Gentlemen, there are many threads that address the seemingly endless shortcomings and shady dealings of certain dealerships and client advisors. How about a thread that is focused on praise for the good ones? I'll start. I want to give a shout out to Kirk Villeneuve of BMW of Ontario (CA). He is a member here (EINSER M) and many of you know him well. He is a true BMW enthusiast and extremely helpful, even to those he knows will likely never buy a car from him. So cheers to Kirk and to all of the dealers out there who genuinely appreciate ///M cars and selflessly give their time and knowledge in an effort to help others.

I humbly bow to your praises Doc. All my pleasure to be helping out a fellow of this brotherhood. Because I didn't sell you a car doesn't mean we can't be friends. Hit me up anytime for anything; I will be here for you.
Appreciate 4
evk0.00
GERMAN M34176.50
sgt396619.00
Bimmed Out1908.50
      04-06-2017, 07:49 PM   #3
M3 Geezer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

OK Here you go. However as the saying goes "You gotta kiss a few actual frogs before you find one that turns into a prince"
Checkered Flag, Virginia Beach is truly a gem. Owned by the same family. Big supporter of public radio as well as several other community services. Really, really good people. And most importantly...a single location dealership....no corporate conglomerate to deal with. I bought an M3 with European delivery and performance center redelivery. The whole process went very well, I got exactly the vehicle I wanted, delivered within a reasonable time and NOT ONE EXCUSE..just results. Service since has been perfect, everyone you meet is professional and clearly car people. And finally the sales guy...Steve W. is the owner of a beautiful Z3 M.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 08:07 PM   #4
Pinkoboe
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 GTS 4.0

Well there was that time, oh wait, I actually can't think of a positive thing to say about any car purchase I have ever made. Seriously.

I guess I do like my current service advisor., so there is that.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 08:18 PM   #5
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

I love my family of dealers, and that's why I've purchased 11+ BMW's from the same guy since 2001.
Appreciate 2
SakhirM410783.00
Germanauto9665.50
      04-07-2017, 07:40 AM   #6
hlothery
Seeking mental floss
Rep
Drives: 2022 Mercedes EQS 450+

Nothing but praise for BMW SA and my buying experiences there. My client adviser Yvonne understood exactly what I wanted in a car, and she and the Sales Manager put together a trade-in deal on my Mercedes that was too good to refuse. Very happy with the service experiences there also. They even made me a deal on my CF splitters good enough to cover installation for about the same price many are quoting for aftermarket parts alone. As I said, nothing but praise.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 08:08 AM   #7
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

I buy at least a car a year as we are constantly moving things in and out. Jake and Bob at Sun BMW are as good as it gets. I always call around and shop each deal and they're always best price and easiest to work with. Even deliver dad's cars to his house so he never has to go to their place. We all know how good Brian in parts is there too.

Service side Matt at Thompson is excellent. Well respected Dinan dealer and great to work with. Very good at helping you figure out what's best for your car and your goals, not just blindly loading you up with as much of the most expensive stuff he can. Really a trusted partner for performance mods.

Non BMW in case folks are looking in Philly area. Gary at Audi Devon, Matt at Porsche Main Line, Michael at Mercedes Devon are all solid guys too.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 09:03 AM   #8
TomHudson
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

BMW dealers are notoriously ignorant towards the older generation of cars, and their customers. Their focus is on current customers and their leases and getting their service done so they can flip the cars later.

I would like to check out some other dealerships, but I've seen three already, and they're all the same. Maybe the US market is more competitive, therefore they have to be a little more conciliatory.

On a positive note, the Dodge dealership that services my wife's vehicle for the past seven years is unbelievably professional and reasonable with a pric The service is my wife's vehicle for the past seven years is unbelievably professional and reasonable with their pricing.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 09:06 AM   #9
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlothery View Post
Nothing but praise for BMW SA and my buying experiences there. My client adviser Yvonne understood exactly what I wanted in a car, and she and the Sales Manager put together a trade-in deal on my Mercedes that was too good to refuse. Very happy with the service experiences there also. They even made me a deal on my CF splitters good enough to cover installation for about the same price many are quoting for aftermarket parts alone. As I said, nothing but praise.
I, too, had a good sales experience there. I had a really crappy salesman when I went to test drive a M235i they had, but the Z4 was too good to pass up. They hooked me up with Biju the second time and I told him what had happened. He got the GM to come talk to and apologize to me for being treated like a chump the first time. They did right by me on my 1er trade-in and I swear I met the only honest F&I guy EVER in my life. I didn't think that was possible. I know they've had massive service woes in the past and they still are, but they are really trying to improve and I think it will when they move to the new facility this year. I, personally, haven't had issues with that as I have a badass SA.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 09:57 PM   #10
-BEASTMW-
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Newbold BMW in the Chicago area was great in the purchase of my car. My salesman, Damon, was very easy to work with and honest throughout the long-distance purchase of my unicorn E90 M3. I got the car shipped to me in excellent condition, but it turned out that it was missing the Convenience Pkg that it was advertised as having - I'm sure an honest mistake, as the car had some of the individual items optioned but not everything. When I brought this to his attention, he never once avoided blame or resisted in any way, and offered to either buy it back and reimburse me for all shipping costs, or to give me a mutually agreed upon refund. He took my first offer or $1,500 and that was that. Would love to do business with them again.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 10:48 PM   #11
M BE4ST
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

BMW of Greenwich CT. Great bunch of guys over there I bought my m4 from them last month and a friend of mine bought his M4 there today. We both live on the east end of Long Island but drove the 2 hours to buy from them, they treat you like family
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 10:58 PM   #12
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
I have had nothing but positive experiences with BMW of Austin and my sales guy, Mike Hanaway!! Have bought 8 BMWs from them since 1995. Also great service after the sale and my service advisor, Andy Hathaway (now service manager)
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 11:20 PM   #13
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I love my family of dealers, and that's why I've purchased 11+ BMW's from the same guy since 2001.

....and he loves you too!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 02:40 AM   #14
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post

....and he loves you too!
Yep! He's one of my best friends.
Appreciate 1
sygazelle11091.00
      04-10-2017, 10:55 PM   #15
ttomczak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 3.5 M-Sport

Huge shout out for Leith BMW in Raleigh. I have been going to there since 2001. Ty Coyle is the manager and I work with Jimmy Daniels, as my SA, JOHN is my parts guy, and Mark A. Is my service advisor. I'm on my 8th BMW from them right now.

Awesome price, awesome service and everything else that goes along with it.
2007 X5 E70 4.8i - 2010 X5 E70 3.0i
2016 428ix M-Sport Gran Coupe - 2014 E71 X6M
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 11:16 PM   #16
chill82
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 F10 M-Sport "unamed"

Stevens Creek BMW, CA. 3rd purchase from dealer and we've always received good to excellent service and primary reason for choosing to purchase from here when the e39 needed to be retired

good idea OP, hopefully the positive vibes continue to spread
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2017, 02:35 AM   #17
BM235iW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Black Sapphire M235i

I've owned my M235i a little over two years now. She is my baby and I'm real protective of who works on her. My number 1 go to service manager is Richard Kim. I wouldn't trust my car to anyone else, he's knowledgeable with both factory service issues and Dinan performance parts and install. When other service managers fail to satisfy other car owners I have no fear recommending Richard and he will get your issues resolved. For my performance issues he knows which mechanics are best trained and knowledgeable to perform the work to perfection. Richard Kim works with Crevier BMW, Santa Ana California and they are fortunate to have him.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2017, 05:58 PM   #18
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Congrats BMW Seattle for being slightly lesser dicks than BMW Bellevue.
Appreciate 3
UPSROD941.00
RABAUKE4653.00
BigHunk269.50
      04-16-2017, 01:52 PM   #19
ToothPlumber
Rep
Drives: 2017 i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlothery View Post
Would you recommend getting service at BMW SA? So far, my experiences with the BMW here in McAllen have been been the worst I've ever experienced. 1 week later and they still do not know what the problem is with my car.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2017, 03:48 PM   #20
RABAUKE
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2014 MB GLK

I have to say that my dealership experience for the most part has left me wanting to have a shower.....everytime I go into a dealership and get approached by some slimy piece of turd I want to go find a good indie....sorry, I know this thread is about giving props to the good ones but I just haven't found one yet....that's just not BMW, but any of them. I recently bought a MB here in Niagara, the guy seemed ok, but I still left feeling like I was fucked....maybe I'll start a threat, "Lets talk about slimy dealerships".....
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2017, 03:59 PM   #21
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Congrats BMW Seattle for being slightly lesser dicks than BMW Bellevue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RABAUKE View Post
I have to say that my dealership experience for the most part has left me wanting to have a shower.....everytime I go into a dealership and get approached by some slimy piece of turd I want to go find a good indie....sorry, I know this thread is about giving props to the good ones but I just haven't found one yet....that's just not BMW, but any of them. I recently bought a MB here in Niagara, the guy seemed ok, but I still left feeling like I was fucked....maybe I'll start a threat, "Lets talk about slimy dealerships".....
Nice job in ruining a POSITIVE thread.

If you didn't have anything positive, then should have skipped it or started your "slimy" thread.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 1
Bimmed Out1908.50
      04-16-2017, 04:11 PM   #22
RABAUKE
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2014 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
Nice job in ruining a POSITIVE thread.

If you didn't have anything positive, then should have skipped it or started your "slimy" thread.
I did start a slimy thread.....I made my point, I don't have any positive experiences at the dealership.....seriously the worst thing is going into the dealership for anything. Buying a new or any car should be a positive experience and yet it almost never is....so this forum was tell your positive experience and my take is that it might be more useful, or at least as useful to point out to members the bad ones.....buyer beware my friend....and FWIW, I didn't ruin the thread, I expressed a view as you did...have a pleasant weekend.
Appreciate 0