BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition    BEST way to LOSE weight

03-27-2020, 04:31 PM   #221
e90335e36m3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Zilch

Calculate your daily BMR, eat 500 calories less than your calculated BMR daily, you will lose one pound per week.

Nothing else matters, not the size or timing of your meals, not a specific type of diet. Not even exercise matters, unless you want to speed up the weight loss.

The only reason diets and meal timing are important is for how they make you feel and for overall health, because let's face it, fruits and veggies are full of healthy vitamins and donuts are not. However, you can absolutely eat the equivalent number calories from donuts or from fruits and veggies and still lose the same weight over the same period of time, you'll just feel worse doing the former.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 04:50 PM   #222
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Uh sort of, exercise matters because the amount you do dictates what your bmr will be so if it changes daily so does your bmr.
Appreciate 1
      Today, 03:04 PM   #223
AmberOtremba
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i Sedan

Start thinking about coronavirus and don't eat because of the risk of short of food supply (on a lighter note)

Go with a healthy diet, drink more water, and some exercise.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 03:25 PM   #224
Moisture
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 Mazda 6, 2020 Lexus NX300

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Uh sort of, exercise matters because the amount you do dictates what your bmr will be so if it changes daily so does your bmr.
There's more to it than that. Weight lifting causes your body to practically demand only healthy food in abundance. If done right, you will find that you will start to reject grains, greasy and sugary foods completely.

I'm 6ft3, about 220LB (mostly muscle) and have been training consistently for about a year and a half. I find that it is a struggle to consistently eat throughout the day to the point where I feel satisfied and full. I rarely ever have to watch what I am eating or how much of it unless we're talking about unhealthy stuff such as grains. Bread, rice, pasta.. etc. I focus on eating a large amount of various nuts and seeds daily, fruits, veggies, lots of turkey/chicken and seafood. I'd say my diet is mostly good. On average I eat grains only once a week or so.

The best way to maintain healthy weight without being overly anal on tracking calories is focus on eating a large healthy breakfast everyday and get into weight lifting.
Appreciate 0