BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)    Paint shop recommendation...Dallas area or beyond...HELP!!!

07-27-2019, 09:32 PM   #1
dardeca
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Paint shop recommendation...Dallas area or beyond...HELP!!!

My 2019 M5 Comp, Donington Grey, took some pretty bad paint damage to the front bumper when it was parked a few weeks back. I talked to my local PPF guy and he recommended a paint shop nearby and so I let him handle/oversee the work...as he will redo the PPF on the bumper once the paint work is finished.

Well, the first try by the local paint shop was a disaster!!! The bumper came out much darker than the Donington Grey on the rest of the vehicle. I've heard DG is hard to match properly and even when following the paint code exactly, it will come out a shade darker than what it comes like from the BMW factory. What pisses me off is the shop should have caught the difference in color/shade and never returned the car with a bumper that didn't match the rest. They are taking a second try at fixing the paint work, but if it doesn't come out right this time, I'm taking my car somewhere else.

So with that said, would really like some recommendations on top end paint shops in the DFW area. I'd even be willing to send it out of state to get it done right...

HELP!!
      07-27-2019, 09:54 PM   #2
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

i'll be honest, yes DG is hard to match. That being said, all bumpers are slightly off in shade to the shell of the car. How bad is it? post a pic?
There is one positive, if they can't get it right, they can always just blend the fenders. (i know it isn't the BEST option, but it will get the job done)

At least the f90 bumper doesn't come next to the hood, because then you'd be facing a much more annoying problem. If you need any advice feel free to PM.
Appreciate 0