BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis    Firestone Firehawks Indy 500

09-06-2020, 05:54 PM   #1
Beno95
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F90

Firestone Firehawks Indy 500

Anyone have experience with these tires on the F90? I drove out to Denver from St Louis and noticed one of my Pirelli tires on the rear has a chunk missing. To my luck no one on the drive from St Louis to Denver has 285/35/20s. Magically Firestone in Denver two but they are the Indy 500 tires. I really just need the tires temporarily but I'm unsure how these are.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2020, 09:16 PM   #2
GTATX
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Comp First Edition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beno95 View Post
Anyone have experience with these tires on the F90? I drove out to Denver from St Louis and noticed one of my Pirelli tires on the rear has a chunk missing. To my luck no one on the drive from St Louis to Denver has 285/35/20s. Magically Firestone in Denver two but they are the Indy 500 tires. I really just need the tires temporarily but I'm unsure how these are.
They are ultra high performance but if u can get a tire from discount tires. Even if u need one for now. U can return or swap it within 30 days n maybe get all ps4s lol
2021 BMW X6M Comp
2019 BMW M5
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4 GranSport
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2020, 12:18 AM   #3
Beno95
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTATX View Post
Quote:
They are ultra high performance but if u can get a tire from discount tires. Even if u need one for now. U can return or swap it within 30 days n maybe get all ps4s lol
I contacted them and about 50 other places. Not one place has this size. Most can get it by Tuesday/Wednesday but that's too long of a wait. Firestone somehow had two in stock so wasn't sure if they are any good. I was thinking about keeping them as BS tires but weren't sure if they are any good.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2020, 12:19 AM   #4
GTATX
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Comp First Edition

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I contacted them and about 50 other places. Not one place has this size. Most can get it by Tuesday/Wednesday but that's too long of a wait. Firestone somehow had two in stock so wasn't sure if they are any good. I was thinking about keeping them as BS tires but weren't sure if they are any good.
They are fine. There is a guy on dragy he posted crazy times with m340i with these tires
2021 BMW X6M Comp
2019 BMW M5
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4 GranSport
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2020, 07:08 AM   #5
Beno95
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
They are fine. There is a guy on dragy he posted crazy times with m340i with these tires
good to know. thanks!
Appreciate 0