BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis    Wheel offsets?

10-24-2018, 02:25 PM   #23
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinefrenchfry View Post
I'm not so concerned with the tire as i am with the offset.

There's not a lot of cheap wheels available on the market at the 26mm offset and I'm trying to figure out whether I can use ones at the 25mm offset without hitting brakes, etc. There's more wheels in the et30 so not sure whether those will work too.

unfortunately, bmw is all out of stock of the winter tire setup and I'm trying to hack something together before the snow starts falling
25mm offset will be fine as far as tyre location goes as far as inboard/outboard. The difficult part is that the shape of the spoke depends if they will hit calipers much more than the offset.

A lot of the Japanese 3 piece wheels are available in multiple face designs for this reason and a number of different lip options. Such as these wheels.

https://www.weds.co.jp/kranze/englis.../weaval_20.pdf

You pick your disk face type which is what will allow the brakes to fit, then width and lip size to suit. In the rear with smaller calipers and typically wider wheels you might go for a much larger lip with a different face type when compared to the front.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2018, 02:27 PM   #24
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep

Replying to myself, I just happened to wander around the Weds site for a bit longer and came across this page where you can see the different face types on one of their one piece wheels

http://wedssport.jp/products/english...756.1540408863

Face RR will probably never fit at the front with a reasonable offset but Face FR has a lot more clearance and is much more likely to fit.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 04:04 PM   #25
shellbmb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 F90 M5C

Random question. Will a stock front rim/tire fit on the rear to use as a spare? Going on a trip and would like the comfort of having some spare option. Currently have an extra front tire so could just buy a front rim.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 05:13 PM   #26
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellbmb View Post
Random question. Will a stock front rim/tire fit on the rear to use as a spare? Going on a trip and would like the comfort of having some spare option. Currently have an extra front tire so could just buy a front rim.
The offsets are pretty much the same but of course the front is narrower so I don't see any reason why not.

I do the same with a spare front F10 M5 343m wheel on my car