BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Regional Forums USA - California    Perhaps bizarre idea - sound event?

11-04-2021, 06:57 PM   #1
Jamesmick
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 Azurite Black

Perhaps bizarre idea - sound event?

I've looked through countless posts here where people talk about mods they've made and intakes, downpipes, exhausts, etc. they've added and inevitably there's a question about what it sounds like. Then a post to a video taken from a phone processed through youtube's algorithms to make the file size smaller and we get some representation of what it actually sounds like, but we really can't tell.

I was wondering the other day if there would be any interest in finding a place in Southern California (I'm in north San Diego County), where a bunch of us could meet up to show off (or sound off) our cars and where others who were interested in hearing what they sound like with different mods could have a listen for themselves.

We'd have to find a place where we could make some noise, but it sounded interesting to me so I figured I'd put it out there to see if it was interesting to anyone else or if it is simply another one of my hair brained ideas that will make people look at me sideways for mentioning it. LOL.
2003 530i (retired)
2000 C32 AMG (retired)
Appreciate 0