BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Heated steering wheel status

11-24-2021, 09:12 AM   #1
baymax
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5 Competition

Heated steering wheel status

I tried to turn on heated steering wheel,but there is no led or screen message indicates I turned on or the status of heated steering wheel. Did I miss something? or it's just designed to not show anything when heated steering activated? Thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 09:15 AM   #2
GTATX
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Comp First Edition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by baymax View Post
I tried to turn on heated steering wheel,but there is no led or screen message indicates I turned on or the status of heated steering wheel. Did I miss something? or it's just designed to not show anything when heated steering activated? Thanks guys
It should say it in the instrument cluster as soon as u press the button. Thanks
2021 BMW X6M Comp
2019 BMW M5
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4 GranSport
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 09:18 AM   #3
baymax
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTATX View Post
Quote:
It should say it in the instrument cluster as soon as u press the button. Thanks
I didn't recall I saw it actually. Where is it shows? The only guess I have is currently I am having emergency call malfunction warning on bottom of the instrument, if a message display at the bottom of the instrument, it might be blocked by the malfunction warning
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 09:23 AM   #4
GTATX
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Comp First Edition

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I didn't recall I saw it actually. Where is it shows? The only guess I have is currently I am having emergency call malfunction warning on bottom of the instrument, if a message display at the bottom of the instrument, it might be blocked by the malfunction warning
I don't know how it shows on ID7 but on ID6 18,19 model year it shows in bottom middle of instrument panel. It a quick pop up for a sec and that's it. Thx
2021 BMW X6M Comp
2019 BMW M5
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4 GranSport
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 10:03 AM   #5
Aronis
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

and....you can set that and the heated seat to come on automatically at some preset temperature....LOL.....its nice.

Mike

2018 M5 and 2019 Porsche Boxster GTS
Prior. '94 325is, '97 M3 Lux, '16 M2
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 11:06 AM   #6
baymax
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how it shows on ID7 but on ID6 18,19 model year it shows in bottom middle of instrument panel. It a quick pop up for a sec and that's it. Thx
it sounds like is the malfunction blocks the message
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 05:14 PM   #7
Slugsy01
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E63s AMG Estate

Mine doesn't either and it's going in fora check as the heat is patchy to say the least
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 06:40 AM   #8
Ptoscano911
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Definitely blocked by error message. I have same error and it blocks everything. Dealer visit unfortunately
Appreciate 0