BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board    Things you like...

11-19-2021, 01:04 PM   #23
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Rap music and sleeping with a TV on all night, knew you were a weird bastard but jesus H.
Appreciate 2
Tommy-G4475.50
UncleWede17940.00
      11-19-2021, 01:09 PM   #24
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Can we do the reverse?

The Mrs likes the dishwasher, i despise it. Hear me out. I think itis brilliant if you run it every night but we run it maybe twice a week and she puts "one offs" in there, like a spatula, tongs etc. So if I need them, and again, I do ALL the cooking, I have ti fetch it from the dishwasher where the grime is caked on so now I am cleaning the fucker before I can even use it.
I get you on this. I am her, but then I tend to be you looking for the 1 off thing that I need to cook/grille. I am my own worst enemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post

I like to talk; about any and everything. I love to hear other people's perspectives. She likes to talk, but about things like work, what she did today, what she has to do next etc. I like to discuss current topics, events, weird random shit. When I'm in talk mode, she's in blank stare and nothing to say mode. It gets awkward fast. Not sure if she is silently disagreeing with me, afraid to say something as it will keep me talking or if she has nothing to add to the conversation. Any of you ever try to carry a conversation with a non-participant? Fun stuff.

My past - She is not a fan. I wish I had it documented in a video library.

Edit: Also, other girls. She does not like other women that know me.
I tend to space out when someone is boring me. I can feel my eyes go cross and I wonder if they notice.
I also made a rule not to talk about work at home b/c I dont want to open the door for my wife to complain about her work. I love my job and my employees and my wife works with only women and that is grounds for drama and being catty. I just dont want to hear all negativity

Yeah about your past and other girls....that can make for a very ugly jealous situation
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      11-19-2021, 01:15 PM   #25
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Rap music and sleeping with a TV on all night, knew you were a weird bastard but jesus H.
I'm either the coolest person you know or the person you hate but want to be friends with. There is no in-between. My life experiences have taught me much, but mostly just how to be weird and unrelatable by those who haven't lived. I am the human conundrum.
Appreciate 2
Bunnny219.50
Buug95917112.50
      11-19-2021, 01:18 PM   #26
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
I get you on this. I am her, but then I tend to be you looking for the 1 off thing that I need to cook/grille. I am my own worst enemy
TBH outside of parties I find the dishwasher a total waste of time. By the time i rinse stuff, i may as well just fucking wash it. Then you gotta spend time rearranging as it fills, then time drying shit that didn't dry, and now your bending over to fetch shit, fuck, just hand wash and air dry. Done.
Appreciate 2
Tommy-G4475.50
Bunnny219.50
      11-19-2021, 01:21 PM   #27
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:

I tend to space out when someone is boring me. I can feel my eyes go cross and I wonder if they notice.
I also made a rule not to talk about work at home b/c I dont want to open the door for my wife to complain about her work. I love my job and my employees and my wife works with only women and that is grounds for drama and being catty. I just dont want to hear all negativity

Yeah about your past and other girls....that can make for a very ugly jealous situation
I'm anything but boring though. I've been compared to a stand up comedian. I pace, I smoke and put a jovial spin on everything. If I can't laugh about it, I really don't want to talk about it. Taking notes on the rule about work. She works in a bank with mostly all women. Elaboration isn't needed.

I was kidding about my past. She does know some of it as she was friends with my ex-wife about 20 years ago, but I also feel like that mysteriousness keeps her around a bit. The "other girls" thing; it can simply be a friend of the family that I've known for years. Introduce the two and it's instant daggers. I don't intentionally make her jealous, she just doesn't like other women, especially the ones that I already know.
Appreciate 2
Tommy-G4475.50
Esteban43175.00
      11-19-2021, 01:39 PM   #28
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Good thread.

Where to begin. I sleep with the TV on, Forensic Files specifically. She's able to go to sleep with the TV on, but when she wakes in the middle of the night, she can't go back to sleep with it on. I wake up at 4:00 a.m., she gets up at 5:30. I also use the TV for a light source as not to turn lights on while she is sleeping, yet if she turns the TV off in the middle of the night, I get to dress and get ready for work in the dark.

I like to talk; about any and everything. I love to hear other people's perspectives. She likes to talk, but about things like work, what she did today, what she has to do next etc. I like to discuss current topics, events, weird random shit. When I'm in talk mode, she's in blank stare and nothing to say mode. It gets awkward fast. Not sure if she is silently disagreeing with me, afraid to say something as it will keep me talking or if she has nothing to add to the conversation. Any of you ever try to carry a conversation with a non-participant? Fun stuff.

Aside from that, pretty much whatever I want goes. What movie we are watching, what we are eating, what we are doing later.....all depends on me. It would be nice for her to speak up and offer suggestions.

Rap music - I like, she is not a fan.

Country music - she likes some of it, I'd rather be serenaded Stuck in the Middle with You - Stealers Wheel by Mr. Blonde. (points if you know what scene I'm talking about, this paints the picture perfectly.)

My past - She is not a fan. I wish I had it documented in a video library.

Edit: Also, other girls. She does not like other women that know me.
Somebody had to post it. Why not me? lol

Appreciate 2
Buug95917112.50
upstatedoc7555.50
      11-19-2021, 01:47 PM   #29
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm anything but boring though. I've been compared to a stand up comedian. I pace, I smoke and put a jovial spin on everything. If I can't laugh about it, I really don't want to talk about it. Taking notes on the rule about work. She works in a bank with mostly all women. Elaboration isn't needed.

I was kidding about my past. She does know some of it as she was friends with my ex-wife about 20 years ago, but I also feel like that mysteriousness keeps her around a bit. The "other girls" thing; it can simply be a friend of the family that I've known for years. Introduce the two and it's instant daggers. I don't intentionally make her jealous, she just doesn't like other women, especially the ones that I already know.
That sounds like my cat. She hates other cats. She's a total inside cat but when she sees them out the sliding back door window she goes berserk. Spitting, hissing, hair standing up, and charging the window. She doesn't react that way when she sees other animals: raccoons, possums, the occasional coyote. Only cats.
Appreciate 2
Tommy-G4475.50
King Rudi13154.00
      11-19-2021, 01:48 PM   #30
heitzke
Captain
Rep
Drives: '15 M4 base, '04 Cobra

A peaceful life, full of trust, communication and healthy boundaries.

Oh wait, we're not talking about ex-wives here?
King Rudi13154.00
      11-19-2021, 01:50 PM   #31
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep

Quote:
TBH outside of parties I find the dishwasher a total waste of time. By the time i rinse stuff, i may as well just fucking wash it. Then you gotta spend time rearranging as it fills, then time drying shit that didn't dry, and now your bending over to fetch shit, fuck, just hand wash and air dry. Done.
I get you, I use it just to use it but you're 100% right. I'm the guy that pre-washes the dishes for the dishwasher

Quote:

By no means did I mean you were boring...just FYI
Thank god my wife met most of my "girl-friends" and even Ex's early on. Renting a beach house in Jersey you tend to run into everyone every weekend and she was real cool about it. I tend to remain friends with everyone I dated and don't relate to most dudes who just burp, fart and talk about nothing.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
Esteban43175.00
      11-19-2021, 01:59 PM   #32
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I get you, I use it just to use it but you're 100% right. I'm the guy that pre-washes the dishes for the dishwasher
Speaking about the dishwasher, I rinse all the food off dishes, forks, knives, etc. before I put them in. She doesn't and says "that's what the dishwasher's for."
Appreciate 1
Tommy-G4475.50
      11-19-2021, 02:35 PM   #33
JJ 911SC
Crusty Old Navy Chief
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i, 1983 911SC

Garage List
Speaking of dishwasher... I load it properly she doesn't
Appreciate 3
Esteban43175.00
Tommy-G4475.50
upstatedoc7555.50
      11-19-2021, 02:57 PM   #34
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Speaking about the dishwasher, I rinse all the food off dishes, forks, knives, etc. before I put them in. She doesn't and says "that's what the dishwasher's for."
Yeah, pretty rare for me to rinse before sending to the dishwasher. That said, I have a Lab which does an excellent job of a pre-rinse cycle before the stuff gets to the dishwasher (except for cutlery and glasses, he doesn't get to bestow his love upon them), so I haven't found any significant issues.

Plus, we run the dishwasher practically every day, sometimes once every two days.

And I fricking load it properly, though that assertion is a bone of contention between my wife and I. Well, in her mind anyways.
Appreciate 1
Tommy-G4475.50
      11-19-2021, 03:04 PM   #35
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Quote:
Yeah, pretty rare for me to rinse before sending to the dishwasher. That said, I have a Lab which does an excellent job of a pre-rinse cycle before the stuff gets to the dishwasher (except for cutlery and glasses, he doesn't get to bestow his love upon them), so I haven't found any significant issues.

Plus, we run the dishwasher practically every day, sometimes once every two days.

And I fricking load it properly, though that assertion is a bone of contention between my wife and I. Well, in her mind anyways.
Haha, that's funny. No dog here for pre-rinse and kitty is worthless for that particular job.
      11-19-2021, 03:06 PM   #36
JJ 911SC
Crusty Old Navy Chief
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i, 1983 911SC

Garage List
LMFT4U
Quote:
... and kitty is worthless for any job.
Appreciate 1
Esteban43175.00
      11-19-2021, 03:09 PM   #37
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

The toilet seat left down
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 03:11 PM   #38
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ 911SC View Post
LMFT4U
Quote:
... and kitty is worthless for [COLOR="Red"]any[/COLOR] job.
Yep, pretty much true.
      11-19-2021, 03:15 PM   #39
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

I like a little solitude each day. You know, time to myself where I can enjoy a good book; listen to some music; enjoy wildlife; work on projects in my man-cave. Wifey sometimes looks over my shoulder and sighs.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 03:44 PM   #40
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
The toilet seat left down
I read a funny MEME where some guy flipped the script on this...wish I could remember it b/c posting nothing is useless
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 04:04 PM   #41
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Anal
Appreciate 3
Tommy-G4475.50
Nachbar8023.00
vreihen1615091.00
      11-19-2021, 04:17 PM   #42
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
I read a funny MEME where some guy flipped the script on this...wish I could remember it b/c posting nothing is useless
My guy recently explained to me that toilet seats are the second dirtiest object in your home. It’s actually better to leave it up. And I hate to admit this, but he’s right.

Though at my house, we leave them down.
Appreciate 2
Tommy-G4475.50
vreihen1615091.00
      11-19-2021, 04:37 PM   #43
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Off the top of my head:

A/C on 68 at bedtime