BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    I've tested the new M5Cs and...

08-28-2021, 01:47 AM   #23
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by malrash View Post
At the OP’s price delta, I too would have gotten the 911 TTS. M5 CS at TTS prices needs a buyer looking for very specific characteristics. OP isn’t one of those, and that’s ok.

In the US however, the CS makes so much sense especially if you don’t plan on using it as a daily. It certainly can get groceries and can be driven around town (in comparable comfort to the the regular M5, per the reviews) but the charm will start wearing thin after a while. For a regular daily commuter, the regular M5 is probably more apt.
My view too.
      08-28-2021, 03:26 AM   #24
Bluehorseshoe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

@daylaborer hit the nail in the head with this comment:

"Every review published out there states how massively improved the driving experience is on the M5CS vs M5C. I don't see how the reviewer can state" In terms of driving, nothing new, which is good. The M5 has always been an incredible beast"

I mean this is why I'm buying the car, and think this is the main reason most enthusiasts are buying the car.
Appreciate 1
WickedBMW612.50
      08-28-2021, 06:59 AM   #25
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourPtDrift View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Calm down young buck. I get you and your dad own every M car known to man but no need to come out throwing jabs at someone just because you think differently about something.

I dont have a bmw anymore.

Im just simply saying, stop bitching about the seats. Dont like it, dont buy the car.
Looks like Civility isn't your strong suit.

Someone posted a review. Reviews can and do have critical commentary.

Here's an idea: if you don't like the review, ignore it. Since when did it become acceptable to disparage a dissenting opinion in a bona fide subjective editorial review? He said he preferred strawberry to chocolate and you lose your $h1+ over it.

Wow.
Haha have you seen what's going on in America these days? We have a generation of entitled snowflake retards coming into age.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 2
      08-28-2021, 07:16 AM   #26
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackKnight View Post
^^^^ thats what Im wondering, if the price difference were the same as in the US would he change his tune?
I mean I think he admits to that several times when he specifically quotes the €75,000 difference and how he wished more exclusive items were used for that price difference.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2021, 08:02 AM   #27
Dark-Knight
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Haha have you seen what's going on in America these days? We have a generation of entitled snowflake retards coming into age.
absolutely! Retards everywhere, I dont know if they outnumber people who work or not, Im fearful normal people are doomed, I think some of the worst are the ones argue about what a great performance car a Tesla is. Theres noting like gasoline power!

Carbon Bucket seats, 4 of them, people gladly pay 4k of just 2 in a 911 GT3

I wish there were more bespoke items, Id like plastic/carbon front fenders, black or a deep metallic black paint option, a super loud exhaust mode, bigger rear wing, wing flaps on front, more weight savings, carbon fiber sway bars? A gigantic CS on the rear door and side like the big Hellcat cat face--well maybe just kidding about that one. but seriously what more could they have done within reason cost wise
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2021, 08:35 AM   #28
cheveux
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackKnight View Post
^^^^ thats what Im wondering, if the price difference were the same as in the US would he change his tune?
Yes probably. My main problem is that i cant materialize the price difference in that car. But its an incredible and beautiful car.
I love the alcantara wheel

In Portugal we are heaving a huge problem with the bmw lineup and prices. For example, an average new M4 (with some optionals) costs the same has an M5.... thats stupid
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2021, 03:28 PM   #29
FourPtDrift
This is my unique custom title
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5C, '20 F83 M4C

Quote:
Sad, but very true. And too many of them find themselves in the driver's seat, I'm sorry to say, of M cars, with a falsely presumed receipt of driving talent just because they got access to the key and the driver's seat.

2021 F90 Comp LCI Frozen Marina Bay Blue/Aragon Brown Full Merino
2020 F83 Comp LCI Porsche Chalk/Black Full Merino
2018 F82 Comp LCI Mineral White/Sakhir Orange (Sold)
2017 F83 Comp Black Saphhire/Sakhir Orange (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2021, 03:41 PM   #30
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post

"Every review published out there states how massively improved the driving experience is on the M5CS vs M5C. I don't see how the reviewer can state" In terms of driving, nothing new, which is good. The M5 has always been an incredible beast"

I mean this is why I'm buying the car, and think this is the main reason most enthusiasts are buying the car.
My friends and I had a chance to drive the M5 competition and the M5CS back to back today.

I cannot begin to describe how significantly improved chassis and steering is on the M5CS.

The M5C LCI felt much more challenging in the following areas:
Rebound on road crest, steering (rubber band) elasticity, felt much more weight all around me (not limited to the from end like the F10 does), steering feedback, and weight transfer (from left to right) it didn't give me confidence that I was in control, felt like I was fighting it.

In the M5CS I can feel what the back end is doing, like I can tell where I am placing the rear half of the car on the road.

The M5 Competition is a great all around car, daily and sheer brutal power; but to actually appreciate the difference, you really have to drive them back to back.

Great job bmw.. just as I was losing faith in the brand, this car arrived just in time.

I haven't even pushed the car yet since I'm under break-in miles
Part-time with Next Level Auto Brokers, LLC https://www.instagram.com/nextlevelautobrokers/

Last edited by Day Laborer; 08-28-2021 at 10:05 PM..
Appreciate 4
Ex_Stig2592.50
Egrunt551.50
Chicane_1050.00
babaikram511.50
      08-28-2021, 05:09 PM   #31
FourPtDrift
This is my unique custom title
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5C, '20 F83 M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Laborer View Post
My friends and I had a chance to drive the M5 competition and the M5CS back to back today.

I cannot begin to describe how significantly improved chassis and steering is on the M5CS.

Rebound on road crest, steering (rubber band) elasticity, felt much more weight all around me (not limited to the from end like the F10 does), steering feedback, and weight transfer (from left to right) it didn't give me confidence that I was in control, felt like I was fighting it.

In the M5CS I can feel what the back end is doing, like I can tell where I am placing the rear half of the car on the road.

The M5 Competition is a great all around car, daily and sheer brutal power; but to actually appreciate the difference, you really have to drive the back to back.

Great job bmw.. just as I was losing faith in the brand, this car arrived just in time.

Great write-up and input. To be certain, while I am thrilled with my M5C - and it certainly is an exceptionally unique one at that - I know the suspension work leaves a little bit left on the design table. It's still extremely good and doesn't have anywhere near the horrible deflection issues that my F82 had - but it seems like the balance of the cleanup is very attainable and is realized in the cs. Which causes me to think a visit to Steve Dinan and Carbahn will be just the cherry on top. As for the steering input, I find it inconceivable that there are any hardware differences - this has to be programatic - and is also something easily resolved.

Thank you again for the useful info - and enjoy your fantastic new car in the best of health.

-Daniel

2021 F90 Comp LCI Frozen Marina Bay Blue/Aragon Brown Full Merino
2020 F83 Comp LCI Porsche Chalk/Black Full Merino
2018 F82 Comp LCI Mineral White/Sakhir Orange (Sold)
2017 F83 Comp Black Saphhire/Sakhir Orange (Sold)
Appreciate 2
Chicane_1050.00
      08-29-2021, 12:38 AM   #32
Demon Barber
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5, 2022 911 Turbo S

Quote:

The M5 Competition is a great all around car, daily and sheer brutal power; but to actually appreciate the difference, you really have to drive them back to back.

On what track did you get to drive these?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2021, 12:53 AM   #33
Demon Barber
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS61 View Post
The thing is it's not a proper track car because proper track cars have steel brakes, not carbon ceramics. Three reasons I didn't get the CS - rear seats make it unusable for normal life so might as well get a two seater GT3, harman kardon stereo is terrible compared to B&W, but most importantly carbon ceramic discs last 2-3 track days and then need replacing, which is beyond any reasonable person's pockets.

If they wanted to make the ultimate road M5 they should have kept B&W as an option and a rear bench as an option. If they actually wanted it used on the track they should have made steel brakes an options, which with the official m performance pads are absolutely rock solid on track even for 30 minute non stop lapping sessions. And should have put cup 2s instead of corsas, especially as michelin is an official tyre partner.

Now if anyone knows how to get the CS suspension setup onto a comp, I'm all ears.
I agree that if you're tracking practically, steel rotors are the way to go, but it's hard to say a car isn't a proper track car because it has CCBs. It's why CCBs exist, if money is no object.
Appreciate 1
Maverik2594140.00
      08-29-2021, 02:17 AM   #34
tjlees
Major
England
Rep
Drives: F30 Chav Mobile

Loving the fact that BMW has the balls to produce one of the best M cars out there ….

… but the M5C is the one for me.

I’m old and fat, and appreciate the massaging/vented seats …. after a day of 150miles on track.

I had the opportunity of using the M5C on track at LLandow in the barmy biblical weather in Wales (heavy rain/standing water in the am, and bone dry in the pm).

It is unbelievably good, with the feedback and feel coming into its own once you lean almost 2t onto those 275 fronts. I can’t imagine the M5 CS being much better.

Anyway, the M5 CS wouldn’t be able to tow my Ariel Atom supercharged Cup car, after it had pummelled my back with its rock hard carbon tillett seats in the pm …
Appreciate 1
Slugsy01155.50
      08-29-2021, 03:17 AM   #35
Greer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by malrash View Post
The CS makes sense especially if you don’t plan on using it as a daily. For a regular daily commuter, the regular M5 is probably more apt.
Yes, I agree here 100%.
2014 F10 M5 Competition
2003 E39 M5
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2021, 04:21 AM   #36
SFT33
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E28, E34, E60 & F10 M5s

Quote:

Im just simply saying, stop bitching about the seats. Dont like it, dont buy the car.
If you don’t have a BMW - go somewhere else.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2021, 05:13 AM   #37
tjlees
Major
England
Rep
Drives: F30 Chav Mobile

its worth doing a back to back spec comparison between m5c and m5 cs lci versions.

Apart from the carbonising, standard ceramics and option strip out to save the 70kg plus corsa tyres, the steering and suspension looks to be just 'recalibrated'.

with heavy m5c discounts and bmw divide finance, I'm sure some 'recalibration', strip out, carbon retrofit would achieve 95% of the same.

IMHO the corsa tyre swap in, steering reprogrammed and thin carbon seats would make the biggest difference to the handling. Its all in the ass according to Niki

of course if you have a fat ass, no amount of carbon inserts and carbon testicle holders is gonna help you feel anything down there.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2021, 06:24 AM   #38
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post

Good information. Was the M5C you compared an LCI?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2021, 06:29 AM   #39
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFT33 View Post
If you don’t have a BMW - go somewhere else.

sure thing
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2021, 07:44 AM   #40
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Barber View Post
On what track did you get to drive these?
Never mentioned it was on a track. This was between friends on some windy back roads with decent corners and elevation changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlees View Post
IMHO the corsa tyre swap in, steering reprogrammed and thin carbon seats would make the biggest difference to the handling.
The M5C LCI was on PS4S while my M5CS is on shitty PZeros, not Corsas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
Good information. Was the M5C you compared an LCI?
Yes it was an LCI
Part-time with Next Level Auto Brokers, LLC https://www.instagram.com/nextlevelautobrokers/
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2021, 10:43 AM   #41
MNoob
Grand Duke
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4CSL

Garage List
2024 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
2005 Lotus Elise  [10.00]
2023 BMW M4 CSL  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Calm down young buck. I get you and your dad own every M car known to man but no need to come out throwing jabs at someone just because you think differently about something.

You are the resident bitter apple. Eeyore but without the endearing part.
Egrunt551.50
      08-29-2021, 11:50 AM   #42
Demon Barber
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Never mentioned it was on a track. This was between friends on some windy back roads with decent corners and elevation changes

The M5C LCI was on PS4S while my M5CS is on shitty PZeros, not Corsas.

Yes it was an LCI
Just surprised you can get all of that handling comparison information on public roads.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2021, 12:01 PM   #43
subterFUSE
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 Audi R8, 2023 Audi S8

All of the M cars at the Spartanburg PC had CCB on them. Do they really only last 2-3 days on the track? 😳
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2021, 12:21 PM   #44
Demon Barber
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by subterFUSE View Post
All of the M cars at the Spartanburg PC had CCB on them. Do they really only last 2-3 days on the track? 😳
I asked one of the instructors about this back in 2018, to which he replied that they last at least twice as long as steel. FWIW.
Appreciate 0