BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    Stuck on Quality Check 1+ Week??

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-08-2021, 09:08 AM   #111
micvite
Private First Class
54
Rep
192
Posts

Drives: 2009 mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Alaska

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie46 View Post
My SA says ď Itís got your name on it, so itís priority one and will go through work order as soon as it gets to the port. They have parts for priority one only, not unsold units.Ē
That's not entirely true, while priority 1 means yours would get the chip over an unsold unit, that's if they still have chips haha....
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 09:10 AM   #112
micvite
Private First Class
54
Rep
192
Posts

Drives: 2009 mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Alaska

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSea70 View Post
If you have your VIN you can check the status of the RAM stop sale here:

https://bmw-recall-tool.netlify.app/

Mine was definitely off loaded in Charleston yesterday - the status has reverted from in transit to at port (a bug in BMW's tracker app). Thus far the RAM issue has not been resolved on my car - I somehow thought w all the chip delays we weren't going to be subject to this delay as well, but alas that is not the case.

Its impacting a lot of the line - there's a pretty big thread over in the G80 section discussing as well - and generally it seems cars are moving thru the RAM recall issue at the VPCs pretty quickly.

Fingers crossed.
You and me better be meeting up at the performance center! I'm actually super flexir on dates so might be fun to try to see if I can get the same day as you🤣🤣. Has yours done the recall yet? Mine hasn't.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 10:13 AM   #113
uzairimran89
Private
5
Rep
53
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Mine got off the boat finally at the Nj port. I do have recalls that has to be done, any updates on the recalls?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 05:19 PM   #114
matthewk
Private First Class
matthewk's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
155
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 x40i, 2022 M5C
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie46 View Post
My SA says ď Itís got your name on it, so itís priority one and will go through work order as soon as it gets to the port. They have parts for priority one only, not unsold units.Ē
Yup, I am in the same boat too. I've had a work order in place since it arrived at the port. The parts are not there, it's been sold since the order was placed.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 11:34 PM   #115
scottie46
Second Lieutenant
scottie46's Avatar
92
Rep
225
Posts

Drives: C63 / F80 M3 x2 / 991.2CS
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk View Post
Yup, I am in the same boat too. I've had a work order in place since it arrived at the port. The parts are not there, it's been sold since the order was placed.
Is your car sitting at the port in the states or in Germany? How long has it been sitting there?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 08:15 AM   #116
MackSea70
Private
114
Rep
76
Posts

Drives: 2020 992S, 2018 M3, 2015 550
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: 32819

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
You and me better be meeting up at the performance center! I'm actually super flexir on dates so might be fun to try to see if I can get the same day as you🤣🤣. Has yours done the recall yet? Mine hasn't.
Yeah I'm pretty flexible on date as well - I'll keep you posted.

No, mine has not cleared the RAM issue yet. As a matter of fact, over the past week, it has gone back and forth between in-transit and at port probably a half dozen times and currently sits at port (now we know this is Charleston) - but the question is - is it truly at the port or is it at the VPC up in Greenville?

Are you using the Alex Bond recall tool to track yours? https://bmw-recall-tool.netlify.app/
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 08:50 AM   #117
micvite
Private First Class
54
Rep
192
Posts

Drives: 2009 mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Alaska

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSea70 View Post
Yeah I'm pretty flexible on date as well - I'll keep you posted.

No, mine has not cleared the RAM issue yet. As a matter of fact, over the past week, it has gone back and forth between in-transit and at port probably a half dozen times and currently sits at port (now we know this is Charleston) - but the question is - is it truly at the port or is it at the VPC up in Greenville?

Are you using the Alex Bond recall tool to track yours? https://bmw-recall-tool.netlify.app/
Yeah I'm using the tool. I doubt it's at the port still after all this time... they go by train to the factory from the port so I'd assume whenever a shipment of x cars went to port ours got loaded onto the train to go to the factory. (Honestly I'm happier to know my car is going on an enclosed train than an open car carrier lol). I just wonder how accurate the tool is or rather how soon after completion does it update in the tool.

If you're flexible too I think it'd be fun to put a face to the name haha. At least since both our cars met we should too🤣
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 09:21 AM   #118
trev230
Lieutenant
trev230's Avatar
277
Rep
524
Posts

Drives: 2022 M5C
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

Using that link/tool posted mine says "retrofitting audio receiver module". It's been at the port for 3 weeks now.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 04:53 PM   #119
uzairimran89
Private
5
Rep
53
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev230 View Post
Using that link/tool posted mine says "retrofitting audio receiver module". It's been at the port for 3 weeks now.
I have the same recall, keep us updated with this. My car is at the NJ port currently.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 06:41 PM   #120
trev230
Lieutenant
trev230's Avatar
277
Rep
524
Posts

Drives: 2022 M5C
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzairimran89 View Post
I have the same recall, keep us updated with this. My car is at the NJ port currently.
How do you know what port itís at? I live in Charlotte and my dealer is also here. Guessing mine is at an east coast port as well but I donít see any info in MyGarage.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 06:46 PM   #121
uzairimran89
Private
5
Rep
53
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev230 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzairimran89 View Post
I have the same recall, keep us updated with this. My car is at the NJ port currently.
How do you know what port it’s at? I live in Charlotte and my dealer is also here. Guessing mine is at an east coast port as well but I don’t see any info in MyGarage.
It won't show you at the garage. Call the bmw genius and they will let you the exact port location.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 08:14 PM   #122
trev230
Lieutenant
trev230's Avatar
277
Rep
524
Posts

Drives: 2022 M5C
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzairimran89 View Post
It won't show you at the garage. Call the bmw genius and they will let you the exact port location.
Awesome thx for the help
Appreciate 1
      11-09-2021, 08:15 PM   #123
micvite
Private First Class
54
Rep
192
Posts

Drives: 2009 mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Alaska

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev230 View Post
How do you know what port itís at? I live in Charlotte and my dealer is also here. Guessing mine is at an east coast port as well but I donít see any info in MyGarage.
Most likely at port of Charlotte.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 07:16 AM   #124
matthewk
Private First Class
matthewk's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
155
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 x40i, 2022 M5C
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie46 View Post
Is your car sitting at the port in the states or in Germany? How long has it been sitting there?
States. It's been sitting in Baltimore since 10/22. Still there.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 10:43 AM   #125
scottie46
Second Lieutenant
scottie46's Avatar
92
Rep
225
Posts

Drives: C63 / F80 M3 x2 / 991.2CS
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk View Post
States. It's been sitting in Baltimore since 10/22. Still there.
And theyíve given you no update whatsoever as to when your part will be installed?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 10:50 AM   #126
micvite
Private First Class
54
Rep
192
Posts

Drives: 2009 mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Alaska

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk View Post
States. It's been sitting in Baltimore since 10/22. Still there.
It's so weird... someone I know with an m3 just got theirs a week ago, said it took about a week to get through the stop sale, in port of jersey. I guess every port is different...
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 11:16 AM   #127
matthewk
Private First Class
matthewk's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
155
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 x40i, 2022 M5C
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie46 View Post
And they’ve given you no update whatsoever as to when your part will be installed?
Nope. It's been crickets. Genius has no idea when it will be released. Worst part is that the lease rate went up in November from .00093 to .00111. I should have received the car last month.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 11:25 AM   #128
MackSea70
Private
114
Rep
76
Posts

Drives: 2020 992S, 2018 M3, 2015 550
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: 32819

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk View Post
Nope. It's been crickets. Genius has no idea when it will be released. Worst part is that the lease rate went up in November from .00093 to .00111. I should have received the car last month.
is your credit app not locked in? The original app was good for something like 90 days. We let mine float in October (cause that was when i was supposed to get the car) and the rate went from .00093 to .00096 (in my case 7 bucks a month). Given everything going on in the economy, it's not hard to guess that rates were going to go up. I called my CA right before the first of November and had him re-up the app (you take a small hit to your credit score when they check credit) and that locked me in at .00096 for the next 90 days. That .00111 in my case would represent about 40 bucks a month. If I get beyond this approval (another 90 days) and at some point become subject to .00111 or higher - pretty good chance I'll walk. I can afford it - but you have to draw a line somewhere.

I will say - my CA fully intended to keep my credit app floating until AFTER the November rates were released (can't blame them for trying to maximize their profit either). Gotta stay on top of this stuff.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 12:33 PM   #129
scottie46
Second Lieutenant
scottie46's Avatar
92
Rep
225
Posts

Drives: C63 / F80 M3 x2 / 991.2CS
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk View Post
Nope. It's been crickets. Genius has no idea when it will be released. Worst part is that the lease rate went up in November from .00093 to .00111. I should have received the car last month.
hmm maybe the car isnt actaully 'sold" to you in costumers name? My rates are locked in for Octobers base MF, as I ran full credit app.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 06:16 PM   #130
matthewk
Private First Class
matthewk's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
155
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 x40i, 2022 M5C
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSea70 View Post
is your credit app not locked in? The original app was good for something like 90 days. We let mine float in October (cause that was when i was supposed to get the car) and the rate went from .00093 to .00096 (in my case 7 bucks a month). Given everything going on in the economy, it's not hard to guess that rates were going to go up. I called my CA right before the first of November and had him re-up the app (you take a small hit to your credit score when they check credit) and that locked me in at .00096 for the next 90 days. That .00111 in my case would represent about 40 bucks a month. If I get beyond this approval (another 90 days) and at some point become subject to .00111 or higher - pretty good chance I'll walk. I can afford it - but you have to draw a line somewhere.

I will say - my CA fully intended to keep my credit app floating until AFTER the November rates were released (can't blame them for trying to maximize their profit either). Gotta stay on top of this stuff.
I didn't realize there is a lock. They did run the full app. The order sheet from bmwgroup.com has my production number and my name on it. So I assume the car is sold to me.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 07:59 PM   #131
scottie46
Second Lieutenant
scottie46's Avatar
92
Rep
225
Posts

Drives: C63 / F80 M3 x2 / 991.2CS
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk View Post
I didn't realize there is a lock. They did run the full app. The order sheet from bmwgroup.com has my production number and my name on it. So I assume the car is sold to me.
You should double check. I called my guy after sending my last reply to you and he confirmed my rates are locked in until the car gets to me.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 08:01 PM   #132
uzairimran89
Private
5
Rep
53
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie46 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk View Post
I didn't realize there is a lock. They did run the full app. The order sheet from bmwgroup.com has my production number and my name on it. So I assume the car is sold to me.
You should double check. I called my guy after sending my last reply to you and he confirmed my rates are locked in until the car gets to me.
@trev230 MackSea70… Any update guys? I called genius today and they told me wait 1 more week. Im at the NJ port since 11/8.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 PM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST