BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Regional Forums UK    Hello UK M5 Owners!

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-18-2019, 02:59 AM   #45
Dumbo
Private
81
Rep
86
Posts

Drives: 19 M5C, 19 720S, 19 Panigale
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: London, UK

iTrader: (0)

Hi all

I have had my M5 Comp since the start of the year and 3,500 miles. Donnington with tartufo interior.

I have had the last few generations of M5 (E60 and F10) with a GTR and RS6 in between. I much prefer the F90 to the F10 but the E60 remains my favourite as it felt significantly lighter / more nimble than the later models. The exhaust cracks on the F90 also needs sorting out - I read so many posts stating how people love the "pops and bangs" but it just feels so contrived - I drive in manual 95% of the time and every time you back off after accelerating the exhaust cracks, it would be much better if it only did it every now and then.

Other than that minor point (which you can drive around), the F90 is a great car. However, for me it is not a car that encourages me to get up at 5:30 on a Sunday to go for a drive. So, I have a new 720s arriving on 2 September to fill that particular void....
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 03:26 PM   #46
Radman11
Registered
United Kingdom
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: M5 F90 Alpine White
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Hi all,

After never thinking I would get rid of my 2016 RS3, my head was turned by an M5. Five days later, I have made the leap and pick it up on Sept 4th. Alpine White, Non Comp, Comfort, Sports exhaust and mirror and grille surrounds painted gloss black. I’m genuinely very excited....

Be good to get involved in here after being over on Audisport.net for so long.
Cheers,

Rad
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 03:33 PM   #47
Radman11
Registered
United Kingdom
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: M5 F90 Alpine White
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

So the sports exhaust option on the non comp M5ís are just plain black?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 05:16 PM   #48
Mark6147
Private
England
5
Rep
66
Posts

Drives: F90 M5
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cheshire

iTrader: (0)

Yes, thatís correct.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 12:40 PM   #49
Metzeler
New Member
Metzeler's Avatar
United Kingdom
8
Rep
18
Posts

Drives: BMW F90 M5
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Hi all,

Very happy new member here, picked up my F90-M5 last Friday so had all bank holiday weekend to enjoy in this gorgeous weather.
Azurite Black, Black Merino interior, ceramic control trims, premium & comfort pack, Active Stop-Go Cruise control. Such a beast, yet comfortable cruiser for 4 adults when needed. Am going to love building this relationship from my 435i GC I'd P/ex'd.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 12:07 AM   #50
Ghost-M5
New Member
6
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: F90 M5 Black / Black
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Picked up my baby last week, F90 M5 in Black Sapphire with Black Leather - so so over joyed with it...loving every minute in it
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 03:09 PM   #51
Mr Burns
Just A Regular Guy
Mr Burns's Avatar
United Kingdom
219
Rep
224
Posts

Drives: F90 M5 2019
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2019 BMW F90 M5  [0.00]
Hello all, first post - well, what else do you do on the night before collection

Merseyside/Lancashire border.

M3 Comp on contract hire went back early on Friday, solely due to a stonking deal on a new M5. Collect in the morning.
  • Singapore Grey
  • Black Merino
  • Dark Carbon Trim
  • Sports Exhaust
  • M Seat Belts
  • Comfort Pack
  • Driving Assistant Plus
  • Bower & Wilkins
  • Apple Car Play

Never driven one, but don't care - I know I'm going to love it!

Ceramic detail booked in, as is a tracker and dash cam instal. Other than that, probably going to leave it as it came out of the factory - well, for now...
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 03:32 PM   #52
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
United Kingdom
1643
Rep
9,268
Posts

Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestick View Post
Hello all, first post - well, what else do you do on the night before collection

Merseyside/Lancashire border.

M3 Comp on contract hire went back early on Friday, solely due to a stonking deal on a new M5. Collect in the morning.
  • Singapore Grey
  • Black Merino
  • Dark Carbon Trim
  • Sports Exhaust
  • M Seat Belts
  • Comfort Pack
  • Driving Assistant Plus
  • Bower & Wilkins
  • Apple Car Play

Never driven one, but don't care - I know I'm going to love it!

Ceramic detail booked in, as is a tracker and dash cam instal. Other than that, probably going to leave it as it came out of the factory - well, for now...
Enjoy and be careful it will go well.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2021 LCI M5 Marina Bay Blue/ Smoked White Leather
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 10:20 AM   #53
stowboy
New Member
United Kingdom
0
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: 2019 M5
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Cotswolds

iTrader: (0)

Hi All

Just awaiting delivery of New M5, in black with black leather, sports exhaust, comfort pack etc, got a very good deal on a regular car over CP model.

One question tho, how accurate is the Vin decoder link on here? reason i ask as i put in my new car Vin number and theres either a mistake by dealer or Vin decoder??
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 10:29 AM   #54
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
United Kingdom
1643
Rep
9,268
Posts

Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stowboy View Post
Just awaiting delivery of New M5, in black with black leather, sports exhaust, comfort pack etc, got a very good deal on a regular car over CP model.

One question tho, how accurate is the Vin decoder link on here? reason i ask as i put in my new car Vin number and theres either a mistake by dealer or Vin decoder??
What have you got that does not show?.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2021 LCI M5 Marina Bay Blue/ Smoked White Leather
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 10:37 AM   #55
stowboy
New Member
United Kingdom
0
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: 2019 M5
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Cotswolds

iTrader: (0)

Hi John

Its actually the right spec (i think) but wrong colour!

Order was for black, dealer sent me a small print out (not the normal full quote with spec and car image-said he couldnt do it!?) but it had Vin number which said black...when i check Vin on decoder it says Grey!

Slightly worrying tho is delivery is late, when i questioned it and he said 'will see if if its out of our workshops'....they wouldnt....would they??!!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 11:42 AM   #56
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
United Kingdom
1643
Rep
9,268
Posts

Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stowboy View Post
Hi John

Its actually the right spec (i think) but wrong colour!

Order was for black, dealer sent me a small print out (not the normal full quote with spec and car image-said he couldnt do it!?) but it had Vin number which said black...when i check Vin on decoder it says Grey!

Slightly worrying tho is delivery is late, when i questioned it and he said 'will see if if its out of our workshops'....they wouldnt....would they??!!
Lets just say "Keep a strong eye on them", it has been known for a complete fuck up.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2021 LCI M5 Marina Bay Blue/ Smoked White Leather
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 12:09 PM   #57
stowboy
New Member
United Kingdom
0
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: 2019 M5
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Cotswolds

iTrader: (0)

Jeez! really?? but i would of thought it would cost a fortune to change its colour, better to contact me and ask if greys ok??
(at which stage i say well...not sure, but give me another chunk off and i will take it...)

Not sure id be happy about it either on a £95K retail car!!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 12:13 PM   #58
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
United Kingdom
1643
Rep
9,268
Posts

Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stowboy View Post
Jeez! really?? but i would of thought it would cost a fortune to change its colour, better to contact me and ask if greys ok??
(at which stage i say well...not sure, but give me another chunk off and i will take it...)

Not sure id be happy about it either on a £95K retail car!!
They will NOT be able to change the colour, but just check with another Vin checker to see what that comes up with, they may have given you someone else's VIN. also
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2021 LCI M5 Marina Bay Blue/ Smoked White Leather
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 01:01 PM   #59
stowboy
New Member
United Kingdom
0
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: 2019 M5
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Cotswolds

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for reply, have checked another Vin decoder and it says black, so fingers crossed we should be ok, delivery this week hopefully..
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 02:14 PM   #60
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
United Kingdom
1643
Rep
9,268
Posts

Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stowboy View Post
Thanks for reply, have checked another Vin decoder and it says black, so fingers crossed we should be ok, delivery this week hopefully..
Thought it would be something simple, pictures when you get, drive careful they do go well.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2021 LCI M5 Marina Bay Blue/ Smoked White Leather
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 05:49 AM   #61
Darkeeboy
Private First Class
Darkeeboy's Avatar
20
Rep
166
Posts

Drives: 520d
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Worcestershire

iTrader: (0)

Pick up day today... I'm like a small child😊
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 12:52 PM   #62
Mr Burns
Just A Regular Guy
Mr Burns's Avatar
United Kingdom
219
Rep
224
Posts

Drives: F90 M5 2019
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2019 BMW F90 M5  [0.00]
Arrived, detailed and ready to enjoy...

Appreciate 2
isleaiw15706.50
      09-15-2019, 02:28 PM   #63
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
United Kingdom
1643
Rep
9,268
Posts

Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestick View Post
Arrived, detailed and ready to enjoy...

Very nice enjoy.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2021 LCI M5 Marina Bay Blue/ Smoked White Leather
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 02:39 PM   #64
Mr Burns
Just A Regular Guy
Mr Burns's Avatar
United Kingdom
219
Rep
224
Posts

Drives: F90 M5 2019
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2019 BMW F90 M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBMWM5 View Post
Very nice enjoy.
Thanks John
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 02:40 PM   #65
isleaiw1
Major General
5707
Rep
9,686
Posts

Drives: RS4 / Mini Cooper 5 door
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestick View Post
Arrived, detailed and ready to enjoy...

Beautiful car..

But I would say that!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 04:34 AM   #66
powerenhancer
Private
19
Rep
52
Posts

Drives: M5
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

New UK member. Just collected Individual Avus Blue M5...
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 PM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST