BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Regional Forums UK    First BMW !

06-14-2021, 04:58 AM   #1
Gordyboy
Gordyboy
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F90 M5 Comp

First BMW !

I am posting for the first time on the forum as I have just bought a 2018 F90 M5 Comp. It is Rhodonite Silver with black interior and has exterior carbon pack. Looks mean! I have until now been a bit of an Audi fanboy , the highlights being an Ur Quattro Turbo 20V and a R8 v8 manual. both fantastic cars. I have ben lucky enough to have had some nice cars but a change away from Audi was overdue. my family and friends thought a C7 RS6 was the choice so when I rolled up in the M5 it was a bit of a shock! I have only done 150 miles so far in it and haven't been on any good driving roads yet to push it a bit. I hope to have any questions answered on the forum and I look forward to participating.I live near Newcastle upon Tyne UK
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 05:19 AM   #2
Metzeler
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordyboy View Post
I am posting for the first time on the forum as I have just bought a 2018 F90 M5 Comp. It is Rhodonite Silver with black interior and has exterior carbon pack. Looks mean! I have until now been a bit of an Audi fanboy , the highlights being an Ur Quattro Turbo 20V and a R8 v8 manual. both fantastic cars. I have ben lucky enough to have had some nice cars but a change away from Audi was overdue. my family and friends thought a C7 RS6 was the choice so when I rolled up in the M5 it was a bit of a shock! I have only done 150 miles so far in it and haven't been on any good driving roads yet to push it a bit. I hope to have any questions answered on the forum and I look forward to participating.I live near Newcastle upon Tyne UK
Welcome to the club, am sure you'll love your F90 once you get some roads to test her out!
      06-17-2021, 10:09 AM   #3
Oswiff
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 m5 comp

Interesting to see owners who have had the option to buy the rs6 for many years make the change to BMW and the m5. You are at least the second person in the last couple of weeks to have left Audi for BMW.

Maybe it's because it's not such a "unicorn" for people in the UK and Europe or maybe buyers just want a change.

Enjoy the m5, it's a beast.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 09:21 AM   #4
F30Andy
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: An Entire Fleet

Considering this is your first BMW, I must say you have made an excellent choice.

Once the RIS is done and you can actually drive it as intended, I assure you that you will not be dissapointed.
Appreciate 0