BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Dinan Piggy now out?

12-09-2021, 08:56 PM   #23
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHSHOREM5 View Post
I'm dealing with that right now either way tune or not. I use 59 dollar Foxwell ObD 2 diagnostics tool I clear the code and until the computer runs it's cycle I'm CEL "free" . Plus it's right next to the traction light and that's always lighten up as well.

So no go on the 21' ? Any time in the future ?
Not at present. Ideally down the road it will happen but that is dependent on cracking encryption so who knows what kind of timetable that will ultimately be.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 09:13 PM   #24
NORTHSHOREM5
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 CAYENNE E-HYBR TESLA Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Quote:
I'm dealing with that right now either way tune or not. I use 59 dollar Foxwell ObD 2 diagnostics tool I clear the code and until the computer runs it's cycle I'm CEL "free" . Plus it's right next to the traction light and that's always lighten up as well.

Not at present. Ideally down the road it will happen but that is dependent on cracking encryption so who knows what kind of timetable that will ultimately be.
Damn by then we'll all be on the forum like a Tesla forum

"So today my battery was acting weird"
"Take it to BMW "
"Okay good idea"
"This shit sucks"

Or

"I'm in the Bay Area , can I borrow a charger , all the chargers are full I need to get to a meeting ?"

I have FOMO for my unborn son .

Damn you Elon , who let this guy out though ?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2021, 06:17 AM   #25
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

And many options will be by subscription.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2021, 12:14 AM   #26
m5_mbb7
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5CS, M5C, M2C

Quote:

Hey, I’ve gotten a couple scanners that don’t actually clear the light. What model fox well are you using?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2021, 07:23 AM   #27
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

I think you can update the Foxwell. At least the NT510 that I have that has been superseded by a 520 or 530. I have not updated mine yet, which is older than my M5, but plan to. I can also read and clear codes with the JB4. And I have a laptop loaded with bmw software that can do all sorts of things but I don’t understand most of them. You can buy these for around $500 or at least that is what I paid about a year ago. I haven not yet done coding with it but I have reset adaptions and read and cleared codes.
Appreciate 2
m5_mbb7223.00