BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Velos ECU Tuning for your F90 M5 via OBD Port

05-21-2019, 11:30 AM   #23
MuffinFlavored
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 MT

> IND Dyno'd 625 wheel horsepower and 608 lb/ft torque oem stock

da fuq? that's way high... 15% drivetrain loss. no way it's 720hp from the factory lol
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 10:09 AM   #24
carlos@velosdesignwerks
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

HAPPPPPPPY HUMP DAYY!!!!

EXCITING NEWS!

From Today 5/22 through Monday 5/27 we will be having a Memorial Day Sale!

If you're interested in getting the most out of your vehicle now is the time! PM, email, or call to take advantage of this amazing deal!

Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 10:27 AM   #25
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

does memorial day sale extend to parts, or is it just for tuning?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 11:02 AM   #26
carlos@velosdesignwerks
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
does memorial day sale extend to parts, or is it just for tuning?
Yes of course. Give me a call. 786-401-6520.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 05:10 PM   #27
carlos@velosdesignwerks
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Hope everyone is doing well today.

Just wanted to remind everyone we have a few days left for our Memorial Day Sale. LET'S GO!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 11:41 AM   #28
carlos@velosdesignwerks
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Hello Everyone,

Have great news. We are extending the Memorial sale until the end of the month. Send me a PM or call me at 786-401-6520 if you are interested.

Have a great day
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2019, 09:10 PM   #29
Bimmma
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F06 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
carlos, i think i will be doing my spring install with you guys. Jose with his f90 did his KW by you guys, and you come highly recommended.

Look forward to checking the shop out.
Trev, not going with KW HAS? I would recommend them over springs.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2019, 02:53 PM   #30
carlos@velosdesignwerks
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmma View Post
Trev, not going with KW HAS? I would recommend them over springs.
If you're going to with springs I would say go with the BMW 550 H&R Springs. Drops a little lower. Looks awesome!

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 03:11 PM   #31
carlos@velosdesignwerks
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Hello Everyone,

All PM's and Emails have been responded to.

We still have a few handhelds left in our promotions. Send me a PM or call me at 786-401-6520 if you are interested.

Have a great day
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 11:53 AM   #32
carlos@velosdesignwerks
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Happy Monday Everyone!!!

Just received a new shipment of personal tuners for those on backorder. If I haven't gotten back to you please shoot me an email or give us a call.

Last edited by carlos@velosdesignwerks; 06-12-2019 at 03:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2019, 09:38 PM   #33
BMWAUDIO
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Frozen Gray , 997 C4S

Carlos,
What does this do to my BMW Warranty ?
is the tune detectable by bwm ?
thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2019, 03:25 PM   #34
carlos@velosdesignwerks
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWAUDIO View Post
Carlos,
thanks
Hey,

Most Tuning solutions for BMW's or in this case all European cars we offer are read, edit, and write processes which mean we take the existing software and make changes and then that is loaded back onto your vehicle. The software is not detectable at the dealership level. Regarding "tuning" your vehicle, anyone that says a Manufacture like BMW will be pleased with this would be lying..but does it do anything to cause a red flag or anything along those lines, the answer is no. The F90 M5 goes back to the communication method used with the E chassis BMW's where we are able to perform a full read opposed to a partial ID and we continue to do those on a weekly basis (refer to E70 section). Our stage 2 does provide quite a bit of power but we left it well within the factory safety parameters and have also left power on the table not to "max" out the factory components.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Please feel free to give me a call 786-401-6520 or email carlos@velosdesignwerks.com
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2019, 03:49 PM   #35
carlos@velosdesignwerks
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Another upgrade to a forum member, this one is a G05 X50i. Shares similar qualities as the F90 M5... Same ECU family and also has 2 ECU's that need to be addressed during the programming process.

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 05:32 PM   #36
carlos@velosdesignwerks
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Hey Everyone Happy FriYAAAAAYYYY!!!

For this weekend only! We are having a Fathers Day promotion from today through Monday the 17th!!!

Feel free to PM, Email, or Call for details and special Fathers Day Pricing! Only available while supplies last!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 09:07 PM   #37
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos@velosdesignwerks View Post
<snipped>The software is not detectable at the dealership level. Regarding "tuning" your vehicle, anyone that says a Manufacture like BMW will be pleased with this would be lying..but does it do anything to cause a red flag or anything along those lines, the answer is no. The F90 M5 goes back to the communication method used with the E chassis BMW's where we are able to perform a full read opposed to a partial ID and we continue to do those on a weekly basis (refer to E70 section). Our stage 2 does provide quite a bit of power but we left it well within the factory safety parameters and have also left power on the table not to "max" out the factory components.
You don't go as far as saying the mods you make to customers' cars can't be detected and flagged. Nor do you say that, as a result, their warranty might be compromised in certain drivetrain-related areas (which was the question you're supposed to be answering). Nonetheless, I find your post deceitful--it seems to attempt to put people's minds at rest by providing irrelevant, positive data that supports your case.

Add the cautionary note and I'll shut up. Until then, shame on you.

Last edited by limeypride; 06-17-2019 at 10:29 AM..
Appreciate 1
      06-17-2019, 12:40 PM   #38
carlos@velosdesignwerks
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
You don't go as far as saying the mods you make to customers' cars can't be detected and flagged. Nor do you say that, as a result, their warranty might be compromised in certain drivetrain-related areas (which was the question you're supposed to be answering). Nonetheless, I find your post deceitful--it seems to attempt to put people's minds at rest by providing irrelevant, positive data that supports your case.

Add the cautionary note and I'll shut up. Until then, shame on you.
No need for you to shut up and sorry for any misunderstanding. The nature of tuning has been the same for years and has only improved in recent time. It goes without saying that anyone doing any upgrades to their vehicle comes with some risk whether you are adding a Turbo Kit to a Huracan, Tuning an F90 M5, (2 years) drilling an ECU cover to be able to access tuning, or adding bigger turbos to any European platform which is the norm now. Sorry that you feel that way in regards to the post but tuning is not new and if any client or dealer has a specific question we will answer honestly. Suspension changes, Coding, Tuning, Aftermarket wheels, etc are definitely not for everyone.

Thanks again for your input and enjoy your F90 in good health, definitely an amazing platform and probably my favorite that we work on.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 12:50 PM   #39
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos@velosdesignwerks View Post
No need for you to shut up and sorry for any misunderstanding. The nature of tuning has been the same for years and has only improved in recent time. It goes without saying that anyone doing any upgrades to their vehicle comes with some risk whether you are adding a Turbo Kit to a Huracan, Tuning an F90 M5, (2 years) drilling an ECU cover to be able to access tuning, or adding bigger turbos to any European platform which is the norm now. Sorry that you feel that way in regards to the post but tuning is not new and if any client or dealer has a specific question we will answer honestly. Suspension changes, Coding, Tuning, Aftermarket wheels, etc are definitely not for everyone.

Thanks again for your input and enjoy your F90 in good health, definitely an amazing platform and probably my favorite that we work on.
Thanks for responding.

But, to me, you still didn't directly address the original questions:
[Originally Posted by BMWAUDIO View Post]
Carlos,

Last edited by limeypride; 06-17-2019 at 12:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 02:56 PM   #40
northtorque
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 2019

Quote:
Thanks for responding.

Carlos,
+1 Limeypride
My Direct and Honest answer....

Voids Warranty - any part deemed "affected" by altered HP/Torque if BMW so chooses to look (see below). This put main driveline components in the gunsights and potentially not covered

Yes - detectable if one goes looking as the active engine management outputs will be way off the chart compared to where they should be for other data parameters. The statistics will condemn you. Bend a rod or other major issue and I would worry someone will interrogate the data logs looking for the above, just saying.

It has been said on the forum many times to have a good relationship with your service department and that may get you some grace. Maybe...
Appreciate 1
limeypride4418.50
      06-17-2019, 03:19 PM   #41
carlos@velosdesignwerks
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for responding.

Of course man, here for the enthusiasts

Carlos,
Stand by the original answer, because anything else would be a lie. Vehicles are modified and taken into dealers on a daily basis, many manufacturers are aware of this but there is a limit and we agree. For this reason (except on personal vehicles) we stay away from going outside of what we deem "safe". Larger turbos, Meth, etc is too much of a red flag for our clientele and the volume that we do. I do see where you are coming from I just think everyone needs to be responsible and fair to the vehicle manufactures as well. i.e. Don't add larger turbos, meth kid, e85 conversion, and straight pipe exhaust and then not be ready for a "worst case"

Quote:
Originally Posted by northtorque View Post
+1 Limeypride
My Direct and Honest answer....

Voids Warranty - any part deemed "affected" by altered HP/Torque if BMW so chooses to look (see below). This put main driveline components in the gunsights and potentially not covered

Yes - detectable if one goes looking as the active engine management outputs will be way off the chart compared to where they should be for other data parameters. The statistics will condemn you. Bend a rod or other major issue and I would worry someone will interrogate the data logs looking for the above, just saying.

Well said

It has been said on the forum many times to have a good relationship with your service department and that may get you some grace. Maybe...This definitely helps but we the enthusiasts need to also be responsible. Thank you greatly for your input and taking time to give another opinion on this.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 03:45 PM   #42
windtendo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Garage List
2023 BMW M5C  [0.00]
1989 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks for responding.

Carlos,
I won't speak on Carlos' behalf, but I believe the tune modifies your stock ECU file(s) so at first glance it will appear stock. However, there's no one tuner that can claim it's 100% undetectable and won't void your warranty.
      06-17-2019, 04:05 PM   #43
MWcoupe
24k GOLD
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral White M4

Was there a Father's Day deal
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 04:28 PM   #44
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by windtendo View Post
Quote:
Thanks for responding.

Carlos,
I won't speak on Carlos' behalf, but I believe the tune modifies your stock ECU file(s) so at first glance it will appear stock. However, there's no one tuner that can claim it's 100% undetectable and won't void your warranty.
Agreed. That's what I've been trying to get Carlos to say in plain language--to my eye, that has yet to happen. The question has a black or white answer, so far, I see 19 shades of brown.

ECU mods can be detected assuming BMW cares to look. This may cause warranty claim issues on downstream components like the whole freakin' drivetrain.
Appreciate 0