BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Cant make a decision-Need Help

View Poll Results: M5 Comp Pack or M3 fully optioned Comp Pack
M3 2 7.14%
M5 26 92.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

05-26-2019, 05:14 PM   #23
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmw98 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNALUZU View Post
Quote:
I do have to ask, how daily driveable is the M3 CS?
I absolutely love it as a daily driver! Granted, my commute is only about 4 miles each way.

I grab the keys to the CS almost any chance I can.
Glad to hear! I live in Illinois, how would the CS fair in harsh conditions with the proper tires of course?
Ooofff, not sure. I'm in Arizona so I don't have weather issues to contend with.

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 01:35 PM   #24
Greer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

At 21, wait and get the AWD M3. That's the way to go.
2014 F10 M5 Competition
2003 E39 M5
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 02:21 PM   #25
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Glad to hear! I live in Illinois, how would the CS fair in harsh conditions with the proper tires of course?
First up: you're so young; if you want to see 22 living in a state where it gets cold, I'd suggest 4WD so unless you're waiting on the new M3, your choice is made for you to my mind.

I had 6 x RWD Ms (M5s and M6s) and they SUCK in climates where it'll go from snow to cold and back to snow again in the space of a week--'ornament' is a fair description. The F90 M5 handles it nicely with all-weather tires bringing little to no fear of getting any more stuck than an X5 (mostly).

As a daily, there's no competition--M5 every time. It's also far more Jekyll and Hyde than the M3--the M3 is Hyde all of the time, just in a chill mood, whereas the M5 can become full on Jekyll at the push of a button (more so the non-M5-Comp say some folks).

Continuing the suspension aspect, meh--it's not that hard. My E63S was wayyyyyyyyy worse. But if you can't live with it, you have 2 or 3 ~$1000 aftermarket options installed or the base model. I hear that the KW HAS aftermarket springs are more compliant. I went with the H&R setup and had it at a track day recently and the car was a pleasure driving there and brilliant on track. She corned so well the instructor was giggling when I let him have a lap or 6 and she outran everything on the straightaways including a 911 Turbo S for which more effort and large nads were required (~160mph and then a lot of braking).

PS: that level of straight-line performance is expensive and complicated to install--$800 and ~30 mins including the app and Bluetooth setup.

I rest my case.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 02:44 PM   #26
gtenedio
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '%E2%80%9909 e92 m3, '19 X3, %

nobody should be paying full retail for any m3's or m3 cs remaining at dealerships.
you can pick up that $110 sticker for $80k

i vote m5 or wait for AWD m3
      05-29-2019, 03:07 PM   #27
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Hello Everyone,

I am currently trying to decide between getting a new M5 Competiton package fully optioned or a 2018 M3 Competition fully optioned with all M performance interior and exterior parts and M performance exhaust. A little background I'm 21 years old, no wife, no kids. I love both cars but can't make my mind up over which one I should get as a daily. The M5 would be ordered as a 2020 M/Y and individual paint, M3 is at the dealer with only delivery miles on it, but once all the parts are put on it comes to be around the price of the of an M5.
Also dealer is offering an M3 CS in San Marino Blue fully optioned for $110k, im just leary on using a CS as a daily driver.

Thanks much!

Can't go wrong with either given your financial stability. I think your answer will be heavily skewed in this board seeing as though its the M5 sector. I also understand the "I'm young, I don't have a wife or kids or any other serious expenses to have cushion for" reasoning, as I purchased my M4 new at 25 and had the same mindset. I still don't have kids- but I am about to get married in the coming months, and my wife to be hates my M4 for a multitude of reasons...mostly because of the stiff ride and the YMB exterior color. Also family planning once the wedding is over (God willing) so the M5 is the next logical step for me.

I would DEF use the ladder approach to this "dilemma" you currently find yourself in. As my dad and many other mentors in my life have told me " You should always step only where you can reach. You should project and plan methodically to constantly climb up or graduate to something better. Not taking steps backwards." That being said, life happens. You can't always predict everything... but having to have a yard sale because you over extended yourself isn't cool either.

My point for you OP is, if at 21 you get a new M5...what's next from there? a GT3 at 25 years old? Ferrari at 30? Cars will lose their shine to you real quick...and the $1500+ a month gets old MUCH quicker. Save some money, enjoy the M3 for a few years.. then level up.

Just my .02
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY
Appreciate 0