BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Cosmetic Modifications    Confusion Between Spoiler Designations

01-20-2022, 12:42 PM   #1
GSMC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: N/A

Confusion Between Spoiler Designations

Hi All. After speaking with another member of the community, I am a little confused by what is actually on my build sheet (image 1). It says MPP carbon fiber spoiler. That is not what is shown in image 2 right? Their names are clearly different but after showing my CA what I wanted he included what you see on the build sheet.

Regarding price, if the PRO is ~$695 why is the non-pro $830? TIA for your feedback. [IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-20-2022, 10:00 PM   #2
shawnhayes
Major
Rep
Drives: 22M5 CS,23X5E,24M3 CS,24 i4

It appears that what your advisor ordered is this:

https://ind-distribution.com/collect...-trunk-spoiler

I have no idea about the price. The PRO version has not sold well, honestly. It's a pain in the ass to install, but I do like it.

Shawn
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 12:12 AM   #3
MNoob
Grand Duke
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4CSL

Garage List
2024 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
2005 Lotus Elise  [10.00]
2023 BMW M4 CSL  [10.00]
Make sure your CA gets it right on the build sheet. My car showed up with regular M Performance and not the Pro. I later swapped it for the Pro version, and as Shawn says, it's a pain in the ass.
shawnhayes1816.00
      01-21-2022, 02:59 AM   #4
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMC View Post
Hi All. After speaking with another member of the community, I am a little confused by what is actually on my build sheet (image 1). It says MPP carbon fiber spoiler. That is not what is shown in image 2 right? Their names are clearly different but after showing my CA what I wanted he included what you see on the build sheet.

Regarding price, if the PRO is ~$695 why is the non-pro $830? TIA for your feedback. [IMG][/IMG]
Correct picture is pro spoiler on build sheet it's listed as rear spoiler carbon pro build code 0ZJA as far as the price, it's cheaper to buy after the fact because you have to pay labor to install so it becomes more expensive than just ordering it from the factory. If you look the regular spoiler is a bit cheaper than the pro on the bmw website, the pro spoiler on the build sheet retails for 1005 usd (I am giving you this info straight from my build sheet)
Appreciate 1
shawnhayes1816.00
      01-21-2022, 05:13 AM   #5
GSMC
Private First Class
Rep

Thank you all for your replies. The guy I was talking to said that his dealer told him you can only order the PRO spoiler with the front splitter if you want it port installed, micvite was this the case for you?

If that's true, I'm wondering if I could order the part now and ship it to my dealer and they just install it when they receive the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 09:09 AM   #6
MNoob
Grand Duke
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4CSL

Garage List
2024 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
2005 Lotus Elise  [10.00]
2023 BMW M4 CSL  [10.00]
Quote:
Thank you all for your replies. The guy I was talking to said that his dealer told him you can only order the PRO spoiler with the front splitter if you want it port installed, micvite was this the case for you?

If that's true, I'm wondering if I could order the part now and ship it to my dealer and they just install it when they receive the car.
I can tell you from experience that is not true. I had the splitter, spoiler, and diffuser all port installed. I wanted (and thought I ordered) the pro spoiler. The car arrived with the smaller spoiler.

Edit: I reread your post… I don't know if you have to order the splitter to get the pro spoiler. But that doesn't sound right.
      01-21-2022, 03:34 PM   #7
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

I have the splitter as well, this is no longer the case however, for the PRE-LCI you had to order both and if you got the splitter you had to get the spoiler and vice versa because they update the DSC module to compensate for the different aero of the car, for the LCI they do the same thing though you can order them separately (I had just the splitter at the beginning then added spoiler later) and they just won't do the programming of the DSC. Just give your dealer the option code tell him to add it and don't take no for an answer.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2022, 08:30 AM   #8
GSMC
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
Quote:

I have the splitter as well, this is no longer the case however, for the PRE-LCI you had to order both and if you got the splitter you had to get the spoiler and vice versa because they update the DSC module to compensate for the different aero of the car, for the LCI they do the same thing though you can order them separately (I had just the splitter at the beginning then added spoiler later) and they just won't do the programming of the DSC. Just give your dealer the option code tell him to add it and don't take no for an answer.
I had my SA remove the regular carbon fiber "lip" and wanted him to add on the pro but he sent me a screenshot of what he sees on his end and it still requires the front splitter. I ended up just ordering the part to the dealer and I'll have them install it when the car gets there I guess.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2022, 07:07 PM   #9
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I had my SA remove the regular carbon fiber "lip" and wanted him to add on the pro but he sent me a screenshot of what he sees on his end and it still requires the front splitter. I ended up just ordering the part to the dealer and I'll have them install it when the car gets there I guess.
Interesting, maybe they changed it again since I ordered in july?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 10:12 AM   #10
shawnhayes
Major
Rep

Quote:
My dealer would not install the Pro spoiler. Neither would any of the local bodyshops. Probably because newer car under warranty.

Maybe your dealer will. Talk it up with them before you order.

Shawn
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 11:39 PM   #11
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnhayes View Post
My dealer would not install the Pro spoiler. Neither would any of the local bodyshops. Probably because newer car under warranty.

Maybe your dealer will. Talk it up with them before you order.

Shawn
with regards to that, find a dealership that's an M center and they will do it, if not call up bmw customer service theyll bitch at the service manager and make them do it anyway
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2022, 12:25 PM   #12
shawnhayes
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
with regards to that, find a dealership that's an M center and they will do it, if not call up bmw customer service theyll bitch at the service manager and make them do it anyway
I know. I have a good relationship with this dealer and didn't want to mess that up.

I was competent to do it, but it was a pain in the ass.

Shawn
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2022, 01:08 PM   #13
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnhayes View Post
I know. I have a good relationship with this dealer and didn't want to mess that up.

I was competent to do it, but it was a pain in the ass.

Shawn
Fair enough, that's why I always keep sales and service separate, because I don't want to be a dick to the service department and have the sales guys hate me🤣🤣.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 10:21 AM   #14
dillonm340
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M340i xDrive

have you got quotes for how much it costs to install?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 10:22 AM   #15
GSMC
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillonm340 View Post
have you got quotes for how much it costs to install?
Will be around $300
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 11:47 AM   #16
shawnhayes
Major
Rep

Quote:
Will be around $300
That's honestly ridiculous unless it includes the betalink.

Unless it's two hours at $150 per hour. Then it's fair.

Shawn
Appreciate 0