BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    Looking for an SA

11-08-2021, 06:55 AM   #1
nerdogray
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

Looking for an SA

Doesn't matter where or what dealer. I want someone that knows the brand and shoots straight... someone with whom I can have an actual relationship. Local dealer (Sonic) is just terrible, and all the brokers I've talked to just have no follow-through or concept of communication. Not sure I'll be buying or leasing this MY, but I'd like someone I can call or email occasionally to see what's up and then pull the trigger when things feel right. In my mind, the SA I'd like has been doing this a long time. I don't mind paying for quality, but I do mind overpaying. I just want a fair deal, and I realize what is "fair" is variable given market conditions.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 07:44 AM   #2
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdogray View Post
Doesn't matter where or what dealer. I want someone that knows the brand and shoots straight... someone with whom I can have an actual relationship. Local dealer (Sonic) is just terrible, and all the brokers I've talked to just have no follow-through or concept of communication. Not sure I'll be buying or leasing this MY, but I'd like someone I can call or email occasionally to see what's up and then pull the trigger when things feel right. In my mind, the SA I'd like has been doing this a long time. I don't mind paying for quality, but I do mind overpaying. I just want a fair deal, and I realize what is "fair" is variable given market conditions.
Pretty sure we're not allowed to give names and stuff on here...
Appreciate 1
nerdogray1296.50
      11-08-2021, 07:48 AM   #3
nerdogray
Captain
Rep

Ahh I could have sworn I had seen recommendations in the past. Well, there goes that. Thanks for the quick response, though.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 08:04 AM   #4
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

you can gives names on here, who said you can't?

things are a little wierd right now OP, so dig around here you'll find someone. Maybe next level auto brokers
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 08:05 AM   #5
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Ahh I could have sworn I had seen recommendations in the past. Well, there goes that. Thanks for the quick response, though.
I could be wrong, it may have been a different forum, but I'd rather be safe than sorry haha.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 08:12 AM   #6
nerdogray
Captain
Rep

To be frank, Dan wasn't very helpful or responsive. Numerous questions were ignored and about the same number of emails. Tried a few others over on Leasehackr, as well, but I suspect they all have this backchannel where they coordinate blacklisting any potential clients that shop around. Not like I wanted to shop around. I prefer being able to trust someone and work with them. And you're right about it being a weird time, which is why I'm on the fence about even pursuing this MY... but I'd still like to reach out to someone and form a tentative relationship for the possibility of when BMW regains some clarity.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 08:28 AM   #7
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

PM me
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 09:49 AM   #8
nerdogray
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
PM me
Your mailbox is full, and apparently I had private messaging turned completely off. It's on, now.

Last edited by nerdogray; 11-08-2021 at 10:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 08:31 PM   #9
m3forme2016
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 SSII/SS Comp

Haha, Leasehackr, I contacted about 5 "brokers", and they were all full of it. I talked to one on the phone and it was like he was doing me a favor just to talk to me. Finally he said, "well, it's going to cost a lot of money to ship the car, so I can't help you."

PM me and I can share my SA info.

Quote:
To be frank, Dan wasn't very helpful or responsive. Numerous questions were ignored and about the same number of emails. Tried a few others over on Leasehackr, as well, but I suspect they all have this backchannel where they coordinate blacklisting any potential clients that shop around. Not like I wanted to shop around. I prefer being able to trust someone and work with them. And you're right about it being a weird time, which is why I'm on the fence about even pursuing this MY... but I'd still like to reach out to someone and form a tentative relationship for the possibility of when BMW regains some clarity.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 12:18 PM   #10
TCBavarian
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M, M2CS, E46 ZHP, E53 X5

PM me. My CA is my friend and always plays nice to my referrals. He even has a Buildable m5 allocation available
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2022, 04:54 PM   #11
zb2603
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i, 2022 BMW 540i

Garage List
2022 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
I am in the same boat as you are. I hope you have it figured out by now within the last two months and things went/are going smoother for you than it is going for me right now. I have been trying to find a "decent" dealership that is willing to help me out and so far I have had no luck. It's funny you mentioned Sonic because I tried to work with three different dealerships under Sonic and each and every one of them was full of it. Every dealership out here in Los Angeles is basically giving me deals that make absolutely no sense for allocations that they don't even have... So can someone direct me in some direction as well? I've been trying since September and its really discouraging as this will be the first M car I will be special ordering.
Appreciate 1
KB30052.00
      01-01-2022, 05:12 PM   #12
zb2603
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i, 2022 BMW 540i

Garage List
2022 BMW M5  [0.00]
TCBavarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCBavarian View Post
PM me. My CA is my friend and always plays nice to my referrals. He even has a Buildable m5 allocation available
I just saw your post, does your CA friend still, has an allocation for M5? I recently joined so couldn't really figure out how to PM you. Can you please let me know? Thank you so much
Appreciate 1
KB30052.00
      01-04-2022, 04:36 PM   #13
duercos
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F36>F16>G30

Hi everyone! I work for BMW of Springfield in NJ and I have 1 M5 allocation for February build.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 09:13 PM   #14
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by duercos View Post
Hi everyone! I work for BMW of Springfield in NJ and I have 1 M5 allocation for February build.
Oof hopefully you guys treat whoever decides to go for it better than you did me lol... or I fear it'll be sitting on the lot like open roads was for a few months.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 09:18 PM   #15
duercos
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
Quote:
Oof hopefully you guys treat whoever decides to go for it better than you did me lol... or I fear it'll be sitting on the lot like open roads was for a few months.
Who was your SA if I may ask? Most of our sales people are super nice lol. I usually hear from my customers that they didn't like customer service at either Open Road or Morristown.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 01:17 AM   #16
nerdogray
Captain
Rep

I decided to hold off until the Bowers makes a reappearance, along with some other things. Even then, I've been trending towards the M8 Coupe lately. I know, heresy.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 09:16 AM   #17
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Who was your SA if I may ask? Most of our sales people are super nice lol. I usually hear from my customers that they didn't like customer service at either Open Road or Morristown.
I don't remember honestly, and not that it really matters, and I'm pretty sure Morristown is still open road if I'm not mistaken. But yeah I had some bad experiences at pretty much all of those dealerships up north, if I has to pick I guess yours wasn't the worst of them, not like open road which had me sit around for 2 hours waiting for the SA I had an appointment with before I walked out (and they called me like an hour after that asking if I was still coming in) or park ave who specced me out a car and was gonna call me back and let me know about some individual options after they rushed me out out door basically and never got a call back. Called to ask what's going on and apparently they never even put my name in the system lol. More promises to get a call back and many voice-mails later decided to move on. And this is the story of how I ended up with a 2022 m5 and not a 2021! (Been going from dealership to dealership since about March of 2021 before finally ordering in august)
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 09:17 AM   #18
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I decided to hold off until the Bowers makes a reappearance, along with some other things. Even then, I've been trending towards the M8 Coupe lately. I know, heresy.
The m8 is faster and looks better IMO, especially if you don't need back seats. Only reason I didn't get one is because no massaging seat option but I do like heated armrest and door cards
Appreciate 1
nerdogray1296.50
      01-05-2022, 11:07 AM   #19
duercos
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I don't remember honestly, and not that it really matters, and I'm pretty sure Morristown is still open road if I'm not mistaken. But yeah I had some bad experiences at pretty much all of those dealerships up north, if I has to pick I guess yours wasn't the worst of them, not like open road which had me sit around for 2 hours waiting for the SA I had an appointment with before I walked out (and they called me like an hour after that asking if I was still coming in) or park ave who specced me out a car and was gonna call me back and let me know about some individual options after they rushed me out out door basically and never got a call back. Called to ask what's going on and apparently they never even put my name in the system lol. More promises to get a call back and many voice-mails later decided to move on. And this is the story of how I ended up with a 2022 m5 and not a 2021! (Been going from dealership to dealership since about March of 2021 before finally ordering in august)
That's some really bad experience you had.. Yeah, Morristown is Open Road too, I meant to say Edison BMW. Glad you finally got the car though
Appreciate 1
      01-05-2022, 11:10 AM   #20
nerdogray
Captain
Rep

Quote:
The m8 is faster and looks better IMO, especially if you don't need back seats. Only reason I didn't get one is because no massaging seat option but I do like heated armrest and door cards
Until things start flickering back to life, I haven't taken things seriously yet. I didn't know about the lack of massaging seats, but I will say I never used them in my previous M5. However, they were one of those nice little touches. I agree with you on the looks. I also like the smaller footprint it has because I just seem to have this spatial issue with larger cars that makes me curb every damn wheel. The one thing that really just gets me with the M8's is the interior, especially that Tartufo/Ivory combination. Mmmmm.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 02:17 AM   #21
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
That's some really bad experience you had.. Yeah, Morristown is Open Road too, I meant to say Edison BMW. Glad you finally got the car though
Edison is open road too🤣🤣 maybe you meant freehold or circle?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 07:47 AM   #22
duercos
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Edison is open road too🤣🤣 maybe you meant freehold or circle?
I meant Edison and Morristown
Appreciate 0