BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Regional Forums UK    Water in boot plus washers UPDATE

12-20-2021, 08:28 AM   #1
Gordyboy
Gordyboy
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F90 M5 Comp

Water in boot plus washers UPDATE

Thought I would let you all know BMW,s response to my problems. Water going into boot when it is opened. Seemingly it is a known problem and will be fixed when new seals are fitted. This requires the back screen to be removed, new seals /gutter installed then screen re fitted all paid for by BMW! Washers. There is a filter inside the washer bottle that gets clogged up. BMW has a special tablet that they put in to dissolve this residue. If that doesn't work whole system needs to be cleaned. BMW also suggest you only use their screen wash as it has additives! They had to take mine apart to clean, also under warranty. Again it is a common problem. Hope this helps anyone with same issues.
Appreciate 1
F30Andy1751.50
      12-20-2021, 06:09 PM   #2
Maxlude
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330D_SE_Man, F90_M5C

On past BMWs, cos the washer bottle is in the front wing, if it gets a lot of warmth from the sun it can grow gunk that then blocks up the filter. I used to periodically pop in a ground up steradent tablet or baby steralising tablet into the screen washer bottle. Keeps them minty fresh! And helps clear oily film off windscreen
Appreciate 0