BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis    Pirelli or Michelin

11-02-2021, 11:15 PM   #67
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holset View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3talllic View Post
Quote:
Quote:
My personal experience here. I just switched my Pzeros to Michelin PS4s and let me tell you..night and day difference! I have had Nittos 555R, Toyo R888s, PZeros and Michelins and I would pick the Michelins over and over again. I'm in CA and these work the best for me. Always consider weather conditions, and like many have said; temperature.
Did you change to standard spec or star Bmw spec Michelins or other brand spec?
I'll have to get back to you on that, but that shouldn't have an impact on performance across the board of Michelin sport tires.
I don't even know what the difference is—anyone?
You can watch this

Thank you! Appreciate the link.

Safe to say then I just fucked up royally!

Coincidentally, I'm taking the car in tomorrow for road-force balancing and alignment.
Appreciate 1
Holset272.50
      11-20-2021, 03:31 PM   #68
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My personal experience here. I just switched my Pzeros to Michelin PS4s and let me tell you..night and day difference! I have had Nittos 555R, Toyo R888s, PZeros and Michelins and I would pick the Michelins over and over again. I'm in CA and these work the best for me. Always consider weather conditions, and like many have said; temperature.
Did you change to standard spec or star Bmw spec Michelins or other brand spec?
I'll have to get back to you on that, but that shouldn't have an impact on performance across the board of Michelin sport tires.
I don't even know what the difference is—anyone?
You can watch this

Thank you! Appreciate the link.

Safe to say then I just fucked up royally!

Coincidentally, I'm taking the car in tomorrow for road-force balancing and alignment.
If anyone's interested in a full set including wheels, I'm selling my spares: BMW 810M jet black wheels w/ factory Pirelli P-Zeros: lightly used/like new

https://f92.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1876589
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2021, 05:19 PM   #69
eric97hoh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 bmw m5

Quote:
If anyone's interested in a full set including wheels, I'm selling my spares: BMW 810M jet black wheels w/ factory Pirelli P-Zeros: lightly used/like new

https://f92.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1876589
I got these tires they are the best in the market I actually cant belive it

Previous BMW model 2018 bmw 340i FBO custom e50 tune 500 wheel
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2021, 10:05 AM   #70
Egrunt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 (F90), Tacoma, GTI

Many on this forum sing the Michelin 4S praise and I as well like Michelin tires that I have them on 4 other vehicles in my household. My 18 M5 is the only vehicle in the household that came equipped with the Pirelli P Zero tire. Currently at 9,800 miles and plenty of tread remaining. However I am known by my family and coworkers as the king of research. I will say this when any tire reaches the end of its life cycle and when replacing the tires a difference for the better will be felt in the driving experience. This was evident when we switched the Michelin 4S tires from my wife's vehicle with the same tire (Michelin 4S). The old Michelin at 18k miles was noisy and the responsiveness was not there.

Interesting enough Tire Rack has tested both the Pirelli and Michelin and they are closely matched. I have attached the test results for your viewing pleasure.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2021, 12:11 PM   #71
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egrunt View Post
Many on this forum sing the Michelin 4S praise and I as well like Michelin tires that I have them on 4 other vehicles in my household. My 18 M5 is the only vehicle in the household that came equipped with the Pirelli P Zero tire. Currently at 9,800 miles and plenty of tread remaining. However I am known by my family and coworkers as the king of research. I will say this when any tire reaches the end of its life cycle and when replacing the tires a difference for the better will be felt in the driving experience. This was evident when we switched the Michelin 4S tires from my wife's vehicle with the same tire (Michelin 4S). The old Michelin at 18k miles was noisy and the responsiveness was not there.

Interesting enough Tire Rack has tested both the Pirelli and Michelin and they are closely matched. I have attached the test results for your viewing pleasure.
Good info, my new 2022 M5 Comp has come with Pirelli's the first time I have had them on an M5 ( my others were Michelin's) and I am finding them OK, no problems at all in fact quieter than Michelin 4S.
      12-12-2021, 01:43 AM   #72
m5eattle
human
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egrunt View Post

Keep in mind, those 4S aren't the OEM (star marked) tires.
Appreciate 0