BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Cosmetic Modifications    Help with autotechnik fender trim

12-07-2021, 09:56 PM   #1
bimmerfanaticsf90
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Comp

Help with autotechnik fender trim

Hey guys. Could not find a thread on install. I just purchased some autotechnik fender trims in carbon fiber. Did the install tonight. Getting the fender trim themselves changed out was simple. However. I used a heat gun and tried to remove the m5 emblem. I did let it get very hot before I removed. But when I did the metal “m5 logo”
Became pretty wavy. Any other suggestions? Is there somewhere I can buy just the m5 logo for the fender trims?

Appreciate the help!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 10:57 AM   #2
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfanaticsf90 View Post
Hey guys. Could not find a thread on install. I just purchased some autotechnik fender trims in carbon fiber. Did the install tonight. Getting the fender trim themselves changed out was simple. However. I used a heat gun and tried to remove the m5 emblem. I did let it get very hot before I removed. But when I did the metal “m5 logo”
Became pretty wavy. Any other suggestions? Is there somewhere I can buy just the m5 logo for the fender trims?

Appreciate the help!
too much heat. Less heat is best. just enough to remove the logo and then use adhesive remover and a scraper to remove old tape, then apply new tape. I've only seen the new M5 cs badges, not just the M5 ones. Maybe on ebay.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 08:54 PM   #3
bimmerfanaticsf90
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Comp

Thank you great info! . Ben r33_RGSport is helping me out!
Appreciate 0