BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums iDrive, Nav, Stereo, Bluetooth, Electronics    Updated HUD?

09-18-2021, 05:22 PM   #1
WayneM3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90M5

Updated HUD?

I recently bought a 2019 F90c and was enjoying / getting used to the Heads Up Display. I had to bring the car in for a the fuel vent recall and was given a new 330e loaner. As expected, there is nothing on it that I like better than the M5 EXCEPT for the HUD. Mine is obviously the older generation and looks glowing-ish with not clearly defined graphics but the 330e has what looks like an excellent, crystal clear LCD graphics. I am a bit surprised at the difference. Although I doubt it, I wonder if it would be possible to just replace the unit that projects the graphics/images with the updated version? I don't mind if what is displayed is the same but would love to have the crystal clear, easier-to-read version. Does anyone know?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 08:21 AM   #2
ResidualJinx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M5

I saw your post a while ago and then thought of a question to your question but couldn't find your post lol.

Anyways, my HUD is super clear in my 2018 M5, are you sure you have an OEM windshield (little BMW emblem in the corner is an easy tell, I believe there are some words under the front camera sensor system too)

I've heard aftermarket glass ends up blurring the HUD. Which is why I pushed for OEM when a rock cracked my windshield recently.
Appreciate 0