BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    BMW Factory Extended Warranty cost

03-29-2023, 10:07 PM   #111
EM5C
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
Nicest compliment I’ve received on BP! Thank you sir for the kind words! I don’t view myself as the forum police or anything, but at the same time I will not tolerate scammers and bullshitters here. I’ll give the Ben treatment to anyone who tries to pull that here.

Absolutely love the Blacklist reference!

Thanks for coming along on this crazy ride.
Absolutely! That was one troubled guy. I’m glad it’s all in the past. This community needs just that. Community. Not a crowd of scammers.
Appreciate 1
      03-29-2023, 10:07 PM   #112
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturbony View Post
Was the phone number he gave a dealership number? We could possibly use that…
I believe so — not 100% certain on it, but suffice it to say an investigation is ongoing.
      03-29-2023, 10:08 PM   #113
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EM5C View Post
Absolutely! That was one troubled guy. I’m glad it’s all in the past. This community needs just that. Community. Not a crowd of scammers.
I could not agree more! I absolutely love this community, and that’s why it was so important to me to purge such filth.
      03-30-2023, 01:44 AM   #114
RichF90M5C
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 F90 M5 Competition

I tried calling him, but wasn’t sure who to ask for!

Appreciate 4
      03-30-2023, 06:11 AM   #115
NoMods
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5

Garage List
2022 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Lol I am so, so sorry I derailed this so badly, but it had to be done.
All good brosef, I enjoyed the entertainment

I knew when speaking to him for the first 5 seconds he was a slimy and fast-talking BS artist, I am sure he will make another account soon, or if not done already.
Appreciate 2
      03-30-2023, 11:04 AM   #116
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoredsaint View Post
All good brosef, I enjoyed the entertainment

I knew when speaking to him for the first 5 seconds he was a slimy and fast-talking BS artist, I am sure he will make another account soon, or if not done already.
It's ok, next time anyone tries to sell a warranty or recommend someone just ask: Are you Ben? If they say no, we know what to do😂
Appreciate 1
      03-30-2023, 12:46 PM   #117
jnotrom711
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Garage List
2019 G63 AMG  [0.00]
2019 M5 Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
It's ok, next time anyone tries to sell a warranty or recommend someone just ask: Are you Ben? If they say no, we know what to do😂
Yes, watch a new account will pop up.

EPICWARRANTYBEN

"Hey guys, first post here, ya that guy was nuts went he?!? Cray!... But I'm here now I'm the REAL Ben.... Anyway if any of y'all need a warranty, give me a ring at (***)***-****...Sorry for all the confusion and issues"

(same phone number of course...😂&#128514
Appreciate 4
micvite1543.00
NoMods1132.50
      03-30-2023, 01:01 PM   #118
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnotrom711 View Post
Yes, watch a new account will pop up.

EPICWARRANTYBEN

"Hey guys, first post here, ya that guy was nuts went he?!? Cray!... But I'm here now I'm the REAL Ben.... Anyway if any of y'all need a warranty, give me a ring at (***)***-****...Sorry for all the confusion and issues"

(same phone number of course...😂&#128514
Ok, this was fun and all, but who's taking charge of turning this into a meme? Ya know an inside joke kinda meme, that we we know who's on the forums and who's not. I'm gonna start asking people I see with an f90 "are you ben?"
Appreciate 2
EM5C544.50
      03-30-2023, 01:50 PM   #119
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
Ok, this was fun and all, but who's taking charge of turning this into a meme? Ya know an inside joke kinda meme, that we we know who's on the forums and who's not. I'm gonna start asking people I see with an f90 "are you ben?"
I’ve been known to make forum memes before… (inspiration for the first one was from bigmixx11 — the quote is his; big thanks to nerdogray for the inspiration for the M Performance pool noodle).

I’ll come up with something when I have a little more time.
Attached Images

03-30-2023, 07:21 PM   #120
EM5C
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
I could not agree more! I absolutely love this community, and that’s why it was so important to me to purge such filth.
Reminds me of this meme I saw recently. My wife sent it to me and was like “this is you and your online friends”
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      03-30-2023, 07:43 PM   #121
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EM5C View Post
Reminds me of this meme I saw recently. My wife sent it to me and was like “this is you and your online friends”
This is awesome! Saved to my memes, thank you!

I’ve had this exact conversation lots of times lol!
      04-01-2023, 01:09 AM   #122
Cpt-Thanos
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 650XI

LONG POST ALERT..

I'm new here and was looking around the forums looking for a warranty and I read I came upon this thread. I'm just going over all the information. Please help me understand.

It looks like you accused epicaccord of being "Ben" and he denied he was Ben. I wanted to examine myself all the evidence and read all the posts, because I was curious.

1. I read ALL his posts and he never mentioned he was Ben. Ok, so you provide posts that appeared to state he was Ben. That's unclear because any mods or admin can alter any posts or do whatever they want with any username. You can be a mod/admin for all we know, because you weren't banned for insulting him with obscene language directly calling him the B word several times.

1a. Some people have mentioned he could have been Ben at one point and maybe let someone else use the epicaccord name. That's a logical possibility. Only thing we know is that epicaccord denied he's Ben at THIS point in time. We don't know for sure if epicaccord is Ben today or when/if he handed over his username login credentials.

2. How can you possibly know for 100% that the person typing behind the name epicaccord is in fact Ben? There's no way. You couldn't prove it beyond a reasonable doubt anymore then me being Black Widow or Thor or John or Suzie typing this. It's an abyss. Unless you can show us a video with Ben physically logging in as epicaccord and typing all these posts then you might have something.

3. I called him asking under the guise of asking about a warranty. He identified himself as a BMW Finance Manager that helps customers all over the country from referrals everywhere, including forums. He said he is not signed up on this forum and denied being epicaccord, but gets referrals from members all the time. I didn't buy a warranty yet because he told me that I should gather all my quotes first and be ready to buy when I want him to be the lowest priced. I guess I was surprised by that, since most finance managers give out at least a quote. Weird, but I don't think it's a scam. He said he just wants to be the last person to beat the lowest price. It makes sense if I shop around and find the lowest price he would be lower than that. I guess I'm happy about that since I would pay the lowest price for a warranty. Usually scammers want to steal you right then and there and not let you go. But he was not pressuring me at all.

Technically, I guess he could be lying about being epicaccord(or not), Who cares? He seemed more interested in selling me a warranty. No harm in that.

My conclusion is epicaccord refers customers to Ben and may get a kickback of some sort since he likes to share his experience with him a lot. I don't see anywhere on these forums that Ben has scammed anyone out of their money. Other members have purchased and posted about the good experience, not many, but there out there.

One fact is you helped get epicaccord banned or you banned him yourself because I don't see one serious derogatory post he had.

Looks like you won.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2023, 01:32 AM   #123
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt-Thanos View Post
LONG POST ALERT..

I'm new here and was looking around the forums looking for a warranty and I read I came upon this thread. I'm just going over all the information. Please help me understand.

It looks like you accused epicaccord of being "Ben" and he denied he was Ben. I wanted to examine myself all the evidence and read all the posts, because I was curious.

1. I read ALL his posts and he never mentioned he was Ben. Ok, so you provide posts that appeared to state he was Ben. That's unclear because any mods or admin can alter any posts or do whatever they want with any username. You can be a mod/admin for all we know, because you weren't banned for insulting him with obscene language directly calling him the B word several times.

1a. Some people have mentioned he could have been Ben at one point and maybe let someone else use the epicaccord name. That's a logical possibility. Only thing we know is that epicaccord denied he's Ben at THIS point in time. We don't know for sure if epicaccord is Ben today or when/if he handed over his username login credentials.

2. How can you possibly know for 100% that the person typing behind the name epicaccord is in fact Ben? There's no way. You couldn't prove it beyond a reasonable doubt anymore then me being Black Widow or Thor or John or Suzie typing this. It's an abyss. Unless you can show us a video with Ben physically logging in as epicaccord and typing all these posts then you might have something.

3. I called him asking under the guise of asking about a warranty. He identified himself as a BMW Finance Manager that helps [...]
Brother, you just haven’t been here long enough to know that’s he’s Ben. He contacted me directly multiple times as Ben and offered to sell me a warranty. We also have all the posts he’s edited or deleted that have been posted as evidence.

He’s Ben whether you want to come to terms with reality or not.

We’re a warm and welcoming group because we love the F90 platform, but you can’t come here as a noob and tell us he’s not Ben. You haven’t done the research if you think that’s the case. There are dozens of members here who’ve interacted with him as Ben.

Again, I’m super welcoming of you, but you can’t tell us that’s not Ben if you’ve been around these parts long enough.

He’s banned now, and we’re all still here. What does that tell you?!
EM5C544.50
jm490519.00
      04-01-2023, 06:13 AM   #124
will0621
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 M5c, 20 X3MC, 20 X5 40i

That didn’t take long, Ben
Appreciate 2
      04-01-2023, 07:42 AM   #125
Revan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by will0621 View Post
+1
Appreciate 1
      04-01-2023, 08:10 AM   #126
NoMods
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5

Garage List
2022 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
LONG POST ALERT..

3. I called him asking under the guise of asking about a warranty. He identified himself as a BMW Finance Manager that helps customers all over the country from referrals everywhere, including forums. He said he is not signed up on this forum and denied being epicaccord, but gets referrals from members all the time. I didn't buy a warranty yet because he told me that I should gather all my quotes first and be ready to buy when I want him to be the lowest priced. I guess I was surprised by that, since most finance managers give out at least a quote. Weird, but I don't think it's a scam. He said he just wants to be the last person to beat the lowest price. It makes sense if I shop around and find the lowest price he would be lower than that. I guess I'm happy about that since I would pay the lowest price for a warranty. Usually scammers want to steal you right then and there and not let you go. But he was not pressuring me at all.

Technically, I guess he could be lying about being epicaccord(or not), Who cares? He seemed more interested in selling me a warranty. No harm in that.

My conclusion is epicaccord refers customers to Ben and may get a kickback of some sort since he likes to share his experience with him a lot. I don't see anywhere on these forums that Ben has scammed anyone out of their money. Other members have purchased and posted about the good experience, not many, but there out there.

One fact is you helped get epicaccord banned or you banned him yourself because I don't see one serious derogatory post he had.

Looks like you won.
Welcome back Ben!
Appreciate 2
      04-01-2023, 08:30 AM   #127
Cpt-Thanos
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 650XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoredsaint View Post
Welcome back Ben!
I'm Ben now? Haha ok buddy.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2023, 09:07 AM   #128
crypto
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS

Lol. Oh man. 🤦‍♂️
Appreciate 1
      04-01-2023, 09:28 AM   #129
Alberta
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F90

Here we go again!
Appreciate 2
      04-01-2023, 01:59 PM   #130
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by will0621 View Post
Damn, that is totally Ben lol. Had a few drinks last night and it sailed right over my head.

Trying to offer reasonable sounding “explanations” now instead of when we hit him with 100 pieces of evidence lol.

His very first post on an account created the same day. Sheesh.
      04-01-2023, 07:04 PM   #131
jnotrom711
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Garage List
2019 G63 AMG  [0.00]
2019 M5 Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
I'm Ben now? Haha ok buddy.

Is this an April fools joke 🤦*♂️