BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 vs...    Video: Auto Express - M5 vs. E63 Track Test

04-23-2018, 06:14 PM   #111
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonba View Post
Your argument of "accurate" has no basis. Magazine pages are not regulated. This isn't the Guinness Book of Records where everything needs to be recorded, average and audited with multiple runs. The car magazine "ecosystem" is a complete mystery. Every other industry is now dominated by customer reviews/demos - yet fanboys still cling on to those digits printed on the pages.......
The major magazines are highly instrumented - much more than a single VBOX lol.

Customer reviews however - are on a new level of untrustworthiness. If you had more experience you would know that no one tells the truth about their car on the street.

Stick to your “racing” and “spanking” AWD - SPIDER - Huracans with your E63S.
Appreciate 1
onfireX53619.50
      04-23-2018, 11:32 PM   #112
vtknight
Major
Rep

And this helps illustrate my point perfectly. Does this video tell you anything lol?

If I'm a fanboy- I'm telling you how the M5 just beat the R8 V10+ a bunch of times. The OP of the video says it honestly at least - he had no idea what he was doing and he even gets nervous while racing. Other videos won't admit this - but it is the same - plus bad starts, no launch control, wrong settings, jump on 2, wrong starting speeds, wrong gear...etc. Tell me that THIS is what the benchmark for testing now is versus fully instrumented testing by professionals? It's not Guinness, no, but it is much better than what we just watched - your videos and my example.

Like I said - until you have done something like this, been around it at least - you would know what you wrote is nonsense.

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 04:34 AM   #113
Goonba
Private
Rep
Drives: e63s

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtknight View Post
And this helps illustrate my point perfectly. Does this video tell you anything lol?

If I'm a fanboy- I'm telling you how the M5 just beat the R8 V10+ a bunch of times. The OP of the video says it honestly at least - he had no idea what he was doing and he even gets nervous while racing. Other videos won't admit this - but it is the same - plus bad starts, no launch control, wrong settings, jump on 2, wrong starting speeds, wrong gear...etc. Tell me that THIS is what the benchmark for testing now is versus fully instrumented testing by professionals? It's not Guinness, no, but it is much better than what we just watched - your videos and my example.

Like I said - until you have done something like this, been around it at least - you would know what you wrote is nonsense.
You are really starting to come across as naive now.....

Do you travel much outside of the US of A? If you do, you will realise that ideal drag strips barely exist elsewhere (there are 1/2 in the whole of the UK). So your fairytale numbers (i.e. ideally prepped downhill drag surface) which C&D spits at you DO NOT EXIST in 90% of cases.

What there is more of is abandoned WW2 airfields where the surface is akin to an average/sh*tty motorway/highway. On this surface the added weight of an M5 or E63 (particularly this generation) actually help with the friction/traction for short distances (i.e. 1/4 races). As such, the world where Huracan/488/R8 Spiyders run mid 10s is completely fictional (or at least "laboratory"). Personally, a car that I purchase I want to know the REAL WORLD performance, not the hypothetical laboratory performance. Just like I would like to know real internet speeds and not advertised maximums. I do not put slicks on my cars and do not drive around with drag glue in the boot just to make sure I have the perfect launch every time.

If street drags/airstrips are not your thing, OK. I'm not criticising you if you are able to go to a perfectly prepped surface every weekend. I have previously alluded to the Unlim 500+ festival held in Moscow, where the wildest supercars from all over Europe come. They vet the cars (geeks actually plug into ECUs), same drivers, use professional timing etc. However, the surface is sh*tty, it is like the majority of roads/airstrips across Europe, which makes it REAL (and thats why people love it). You can trawl through 100s of videos of Huracans, Aventadors, F12s, R8s, 488s, Bugattis etc. all trying to conquer that drag.

Just to wet your appetite I found one below this morning of [surprise, surprise] the Huracan Spyder. Seems like across vids it was doing 11.2-11.5 and normal Huracan 10.8-11.2 [must be BS]. The same day a stock E63s was running 11-11.3 [definitely BS]. To conclude, yes street races may be conducted in crude circumstances, but to think an M5 or E63 are always slower in average exploitation vs. anything below hypercar level is really naive [Rrari and Lambo would be out of business]. Furthermore, your laboratory tests and "I've heard" trap speeds [I will post pictures of tickets when I can] mean zilch to two bankers/co-founders with small tackles that decide to race [those people are incapable of fast reaction times].

NB I've square bracketed the expected responses from you in the final paragraph.

Before you criticise drivers....F1 drivers have attended/raced Unlim, previously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoammSZigq0

Last edited by Goonba; 04-24-2018 at 04:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 09:28 AM   #114
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

Quote:

vtknight, I appreciate your posts. A professional driver, with varied platform and venue experience that brings numerical data to the forum is helpful. Zanadu counter arguments that comprise "fairytale numbers (i.e. ideally prepped downhill drag surface)" comments are hard to counter. USA Certed tracks are +- 1% elevation grade or they do not get the cert. Again, a numbers "thing", 1 as in 1% as in no more than a 13ft drop in 1320 feet. Most are less due to the risk of spending $$$$$ and not getting the Cert.

Professional Drivers in a Certed Venue vs Whoever at Where ever is laughable anywhere except Zanadu.

Very sad deal.
Appreciate 1
vtknight966.50
      04-24-2018, 09:34 AM   #115
vtknight
Major
Rep

Answering this gem inline...

I'm coming across as naive? LOL! I would be most happy to discuss what I have done with racing and compare that to your "experience".
Please do educate us on said "experience".

Do you travel much outside of the US of A? If you do, you will realise that ideal drag strips barely exist elsewhere (there are 1/2 in the whole of the UK). So your fairytale numbers (i.e. ideally prepped downhill drag surface) which C&D spits at you DO NOT EXIST in 90% of cases.

What does that have to do with my last post? Lol. I am talking about the complete inconsistency of street racing for the reasons I mentioned (plus many more) and that instrumented tests are superior. Please read it again as what I have written seems to have completely escaped you.

What there is more of is abandoned WW2 airfields where the surface is akin to an average/sh*tty motorway/highway. On this surface the added weight of an M5 or E63 (particularly this generation) actually help with the friction/traction for short distances (i.e. 1/4 races). As such, the world where Huracan/488/R8 Spiyders run mid 10s is completely fictional (or at least "laboratory").

I had to break this point up. First - if you have Netflix - I suggest a certain racing series called Fastest Car - where a Huracan wins the entire thing on every road surface - including salt flats. It's AWD. And it isn't a light car. The additional weight you speak about is not enough to give you and "your car" enough advantage over the Huracan on any surface. You should have stuck with the RWD 488 - which was also on the show and also won its particular episode on absolutely crappy surfaces. And not used the word "spanked". Then your woven tale would have been slightly more believable (but still not).

Personally, a car that I purchase I want to know the REAL WORLD performance, not the hypothetical laboratory performance. Just like I would like to know real internet speeds and not advertised maximums. I do not put slicks on my cars and do not drive around with drag glue in the boot just to make sure I have the perfect launch every time.

Again, this had nothing to do with my point. Please see above. Lol - "laboratory performance". Awesome. It's about testing in a consistent way to ensure the data is accurate. Because you "beating" someone "with your car" on a highway stretch doesn't necessarily mean "you" have the fastest "car". As the video I posted clearly shows - there are a ton of factors outside the car that can produce a win for the slower car.

If street drags/airstrips are not your thing, OK. I'm not criticising you if you are able to go to a perfectly prepped surface every weekend. I have previously alluded to the Unlim 500+ festival held in Moscow, where the wildest supercars from all over Europe come. They vet the cars (geeks actually plug into ECUs), same drivers, use professional timing etc. However, the surface is sh*tty, it is like the majority of roads/airstrips across Europe, which makes it REAL (and thats why people love it). You can trawl through 100s of videos of Huracans, Aventadors, F12s, R8s, 488s, Bugattis etc. all trying to conquer that drag.

Have you ever done a 1/2 mile or full mile event? Hmm? I'm going to go with no. I have. Many times. In fact - my original Shop for one of my cars is the Builder of the Oleg GTR's in the original, original Dragtimes videos and know each other well. You just watch the internets.
For the rest of your same missed point - please see the above.

Just to wet your appetite I found one below this morning of [surprise, surprise] the Huracan Spyder. Seems like across vids it was doing 11.2-11.5 and normal Huracan 10.8-11.2 [must be BS]. The same day a stock E63s was running 11-11.3 [definitely BS]. To conclude, yes street races may be conducted in crude circumstances, but to think an M5 or E63 are always slower in average exploitation vs. anything below hypercar level is really naive [Rrari and Lambo would be out of business]. Furthermore, your laboratory tests and "I've heard" trap speeds [I will post pictures of tickets when I can] mean zilch to two bankers/co-founders with small tackles that decide to race [those people are incapable of fast reaction times].

Wow. This last paragraph you wrote is literally babble. I will just say it - you have no idea what you are writing about. I have raced more in one season than you have in your entire life. You said you "spanked" a Huracan SPIDER and 488 SPIDER in "your car". You didn't. AT worst - the Huracan SPIDER is low to mid 11's - with "your car" in the same conditions - mid 11's. So at the very best in your fantasy story - you would hold that car. Tops.
As to you calling me naive - again - I don't "hear" about trap speeds - I create them and see them - every weekend - every week - every season. These are not guesses lol. What have you done? Let me help you...ZERO.

NB I've square bracketed the expected responses from you in the final paragraph.

Before you criticise drivers....F1 drivers have attended/raced Unlim, previously.

As I stated - I run 1/2 and full mile races for the past 6 years. I know many of the people in the Dragtimes races and their cars - personally.

My suggestion - is to take your imaginary "car" and stop posting about it so much - the more you do - the more errors you make and the more people like me will call you out on it. You are a paper car troll - you only know what you have read and seen on the internets.
You have your opinions on said internets information - and that is great. It doesn't make it factual or real unfortunately for you (and fortunately for the rest of us).

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 02:14 PM   #116
Goonba
Private
Rep

Quote:
Answering this gem inline...

I'm coming across as naive? LOL! I would be most happy to discuss what I have done with racing and compare that to your "experience".
Please do educate us on said "experience".

What does that have to do with my last post? Lol. I am talking about the complete inconsistency of street racing for the reasons I mentioned (plus many more) and that instrumented tests are superior. Please read it again as what I have written seems to have completely escaped you.

What there is more of is abandoned WW2 airfields where the surface is akin to an average/sh*tty motorway/highway. On this surface the added weight of an M5 or E63 (particularly this generation) actually help with the friction/traction for short distances (i.e. 1/4 races). As such, the world where Huracan/488/R8 Spiyders run mid 10s is completely fictional (or at least "laboratory").

I had to break this point up. First - if you have Netflix - I suggest a certain racing series called Fastest Car - where a Huracan wins the entire thing on every road surface - including salt flats. It's AWD. And it isn't a light car. The additional weight you speak about is not enough to give you and "your car" enough advantage over the Huracan on any surface. You should have stuck with the RWD 488 - which was also on the show and also won its particular episode on absolutely crappy surfaces. And not used the word "spanked". Then your woven tale would have been slightly more believable (but still not).

Personally, a car that I purchase I want to know the REAL WORLD performance, not the hypothetical laboratory performance. Just like I would like to know real internet speeds and not advertised maximums. I do not put slicks on my cars and do not drive around with drag glue in the boot just to make sure I have the perfect launch every time.

Again, this had nothing to do with my point. Please see above. Lol - "laboratory performance". Awesome. It's about testing in a consistent way to ensure the data is accurate. Because you "beating" someone "with your car" on a highway stretch doesn't necessarily mean "you" have the fastest "car". As the video I posted clearly shows - there are a ton of factors outside the car that can produce a win for the slower car.

Have you ever done a 1/2 mile or full mile event? Hmm? I'm going to go with no. I have. Many times. In fact - my original Shop for one of my cars is the Builder of the Oleg GTR's in the original, original Dragtimes videos and know each other well. You just watch the internets.
For the rest of your same missed point - please see the above.

Wow. This last paragraph you wrote is literally babble. I will just say it - you have no idea what you are writing about. I have raced more in one season than you have in your entire life. You said you "spanked" a Huracan SPIDER and 488 SPIDER in "your car". You didn't. AT worst - the Huracan SPIDER is low to mid 11's - with "your car" in the same conditions - mid 11's. So at the very best in your fantasy story - you would hold that car. Tops.
As to you calling me naive - again - I don't "hear" about trap speeds - I create them and see them - every weekend - every week - every season. These are not guesses lol. What have you done? Let me help you...ZERO.

As I stated - I run 1/2 and full mile races for the past 6 years. I know many of the people in the Dragtimes races and their cars - personally.

My suggestion - is to take your imaginary "car" and stop posting about it so much - the more you do - the more errors you make and the more people like me will call you out on it. You are a paper car troll - you only know what you have read and seen on the internets.
You have your opinions on said internets information - and that is great. It doesn't make it factual or real unfortunately for you (and fortunately for the rest of us).

Cheers!
please stop tooling about. You are waffling about your experience, your netflix subscription, my imaginary car and...over one reply the huracan has become a "maybe mid 11s car". Maybe one more reply and it will be a maybe high 11s car.

Your are now also personal friends with a bunch of Russians from Unlim/Dragtimesinfo....ok

http://www.dragtimes.ru/results/unlim500/

You can have fun filtering through 1000s of drag times at Unlim events since 2009. I emphasis (as you don't seem to understand), Unlim is a STREET RACE with professional timing gear. It is by far a more realistic representation of a cars average performance to the facilities/conditions 90% of the world have access to.

You can "babble" on about you prepped strips, NCHAHDAFA certificates, record trap times etc etc etc. But the fact of the matter is a street car is a street car and I'm not sure why you hate on street conditions so much.

Just to save you a bit of time Dragtimesinfo/Unlim fastest recorded stock 1/4 times (in non-prepped conditions) for the following cars across multiple years, drivers, events and each car does multiple runs:

Huracan 10.7s (207kmh)
Huracan Spyder 11.2s (200kmh) (1/2 mile was 18.13 at 244kmh)
488 GTB 11.3s (210kmh) (1/2 mile was 17.40 at 257kmh) (only 2017)
E63s 11.0s (202kmh) (1/2 mile was 17.44 at 246kmh) (only 2017)

The E63s stock 1/4 time was only ever beaten by an Huracan coupe, turbo s coupe, r8 v10+ and Aventador. I have ignored LaFerrari, 918, P1, Veyron for obvious reasons.

And the beauty is that this is allllllll on tape and databased.

Personally, and I'm sure many proper car folk would agree (at least from this side of the pond) - NO ONE GIVES A **** ABOUT DRAG STRIPS AND TIMES ON PREPPED SURFACES (maybe tuners as they need a way to market their products)

PS To "spank" in the English language does not entail a complete and utter destruction as you seem to imply.

Last edited by Goonba; 04-24-2018 at 02:23 PM..
Appreciate 1
NickBoz44.00
      04-24-2018, 02:50 PM   #117
vtknight
Major
Rep

It's clear you are trolling now as you are ignoring all the facts.

My responses inline yet again:

You are waffling about your experience, your netflix subscription, my imaginary car and...over one reply the huracan has become a "maybe mid 11s car". Maybe one more reply and it will be a maybe high 11s car.

I think the funniest thing about this comment is the fact it is your own waffling that prompted the response; that SPIDER Huracans can be mid 11's. I don't consider Huracans mid 11 second cars...you do. I simply stated that even if that were somehow so due to poor conditions etc., your car in the same conditions would struggle just to tie it - not SPANK it. The rest of your comment here is rubbish. I haven't changed anything about my experience - only pointing out the obvious, which is you have none. And you should watch the Netflix show - you could use it for future internets arguments to pass off as your "experience" lol.

Your are now also personal friends with a bunch of Russians from Unlim/Dragtimesinfo....ok

I think my response was fairly clear that my Builder - built their cars. I have been around these Dragtimes races - with a car - since 2010. Unlike yourself - I have participated in 1/2 mile and full mile racing on a consistent basis.

You can have fun filtering through 1000s of drag times at Unlim events since 2009. I emphasis (as you don't seem to understand), Unlim is a STREET RACE with professional timing gear. It is by far a more realistic representation of a cars average performance to the facilities/conditions 90% of the world have access to.

As I stated, I know more about the Russian races and the people involved than you do and I live on another continent much father away than yourself.

You can "babble" on about you prepped strips, NCHAHDAFA certificates, record trap times etc etc etc. But the fact of the matter is a street car is a street car and I'm not sure why you hate on street conditions so much.

Another even more confusing portion of your response. I didn't mention any certifications. Not once. I simply stated, as per my video, street racing is terribly uncontrolled - and therefore the results are highly suspect. Dragtimes is an excellent example of a controlled racing environment that provides consistent results. Like I said multiple times now - I actually run these events.

Just to save you a bit of time Dragtimesinfo/Unlim fastest recorded stock 1/4 times (in non-prepped conditions) for the following cars across multiple years, drivers, events and each car does multiple runs:

Huracan 10.7s (207kmh)

The E63s stock 1/4 time was only ever beaten by an Huracan coupe, turbo s coupe, r8 v10+ and Aventador. I have ignored LaFerrari, 918, P1, Veyron for obvious reasons.

Wait...are you now going to state you SPANKED the 488 and Huracan on the street lol? How did you do that when your own data that is on "tape" and databased shows the Huracan running a 10.7 1/4 ET - in the HALF MILE. You would understand why I caps that if you actually did 1/2 mile racing. Almost no one launches cars in the 1/2 mile because it is less necessary - especially for higher powered modded cars. You will notice - as someone who loves the internets - that the 1/4 mile ET's for Dragtimes are quite high on average - not so much that it is an unprepped surface (although that factors in) - but because owners won't launch their cars hard, instead opting for better traction to get them into powerband/boost as quickly as possible with as little slip as possible as the rest of the run is where things are won and lost.

Personally, and I'm sure many proper car folk would agree (at least from this side of the pond) - NO ONE GIVES A **** ABOUT DRAG STRIPS AND TIMES ON PREPPED SURFACES (maybe tuners as they need a way to market their products)

Lol - "proper car folk"? Again. You just show your lack of both understanding and experience. I think anyone will agree - reliable and consistent testing for all cars involved is what people care about. The surface is not the main issue - nor the venue - regardless the pond.

Last edited by vtknight; 04-24-2018 at 03:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 03:51 PM   #118
Goonba
Private
Rep

Quote:
It's clear you are trolling now as you are ignoring all the facts.

My responses inline yet again:

You are waffling about your experience, your netflix subscription, my imaginary car and...over one reply the huracan has become a "maybe mid 11s car". Maybe one more reply and it will be a maybe high 11s car.

I think the funniest thing about this comment is the fact it is your own waffling that prompting the response; that SPIDER Huracans can be mid 11's. I simply stated that even if that were somehow so due to poor conditions etc., your car in the same conditions would struggle just to tie it - not SPANK it. The rest of your comment here is rubbish. I haven't changed anything about my experience - only pointing out the obvious, which is you have none. And you should watch the Netflix show - you could use it for future internets arguments to pass off as your "experience" lol.

I think my response was fairly clear that my Builder - built their cars. I have been around these Dragtimes races - with a car - since 2010. Unlike yourself - I have participated in 1/2 mile and full mile racing on a consistent basis.

As I stated, I know more about the Russian races and the people involved than you do and I live on another continent much father away than yourself.

Another even more confusing portion of your response. I didn't mention any certifications. Not once. I simply stated, as per my video, street racing is terribly uncontrolled - and therefore the results are highly suspect. Dragtimes is an excellent example of a controlled racing environment that provides consistent results. Like I said multiple times now - I actually run these events.

Huracan 10.7s (207kmh)

Wait...are you now going to state you SPANKED the 488 and Huracan on the street lol? How did you do that when your own data that is on "tape" and databased shows the Huracan running a 10.7 1/4 ET - in the HALF MILE. You would understand why I caps that if you actually did 1/2 mile racing. Almost no one launches cars in the 1/2 mile because it is less necessary - especially for higher powered modded cars. You will notice - as someone who loves the internets - that the 1/4 mile ET's for Dragtimes are quite high on average - not so much that it is an unprepped surface (although that factors in) - but because owners won't launch their cars hard, instead opting for better traction to get them into powerband/boost as quickly as possible with as little slip as possible as the rest of the run is where things are won and lost.

Lol - "proper car folk"? Again. You just show your lack of both understanding and experience. I think anyone will agree - reliable testing is what people care about. The surface is not the issue - nor the venue - regardless the pond.
Jeez I don't know why I even bother. First, why do you imply a "spank" is a complete and utter destruction? "Whooped" would be the english word..but anyway

For the last time, yes, as stated before, last June I raced spiYders of the huracan and 488 at the North Weald Airfield. Multiple runs which they lost (not by truck lengths as you seem to suggest) but it was significant. A couple were definitely a car length (is that a whoop or a spank?). Surprisingly, I did lose to a Carrera 4 GTS (which I avoided disclosing), but I'm pretty sure that is when my "wastegate vacuum line" blew for which I have had to get the car repaired only to then get a leaking intake manifold. Sooooo yes my dragging "experience" with this car has been adequate.

And, I am 1000000% certain the m5 will "spank" them as well in this type of racing. I don't get why you think this is so unbelievable, so unreliable - a race is a race. And yes I do think I can give a 488 a run for its money because the 488 spider was horrendous, and a 458 would have been destroyed for sure.

Also, having visited Unlim last year, even though they time to 1/2 mile, it was pretty clear only the hyper tuned BMW guys were interested in those times (prob due to RWD).

Last edited by Goonba; 04-24-2018 at 03:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 04:04 PM   #119
vtknight
Major
Rep

Quote:
Jeez I don't know why I even bother. First, why do you imply a "spank" is a complete and utter destruction? "Whooped" would be the english word..but anyway

For the last time, yes, as stated before, last June I raced spiYders of the huracan and 488 at the North Weald Airfield. Multiple runs which they lost (not by truck lengths as you seem to suggest) but it was significant. A couple were definitely a car length (is that a whoop or a spank?). Surprisingly, I did lose to a Carrera 4 GTS (which I avoided disclosing), but I'm pretty sure that is when my "wastegate vacuum line" blew for which I have had to get the car repaired only to then get a leaking intake manifold. Sooooo yes my dragging "experience" with this car has been adequate.

And, I am 1000000% certain the m5 will "spank" them as well in this type of racing. I don't get why you think this is so unbelievable, so unreliable - a race is a race. And yes I do think I can give a 488 a run for its money because the 488 spider was horrendous, and a 458 would have been destroyed for sure.
First I don't suggest anything as to how much you "beat" these cars - I am using your terminology - not mine.

That said,you should have taken my advice and stopped talking about your imaginary "car".

Bad move. So let's take this one by one.

You beat two much more powerful and quicker and faster cars than a Carrera 4 GTS (and "your car"). But - and here is the best part - the reason this happened is your "wastegate vacuum line" - BLEW - which you had to get repaired...BUT you now have a leaking manifold - on a stock E63S? After racing it a few times?

Man - that is some bad luck there - as I raced my earlier E63S many many many times over almost four years and never had a single issue because they are literally built like tanks.

I know you can't show us any pictures of this runway event because you and your colour scheme on your car is SO famous - that everyone will somehow know it is you (which you must admit - makes you amazingly famous as there aren't too many people who can be instantly recognized just by their car). The car yes - but the actual person associated with the car and who they are - no.

But cool...cool story bro.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 04:38 PM   #120
Goonba
Private
Rep

Quote:
First I don't suggest anything as to how much you "beat" these cars - I am using your terminology - not mine.

That said,you should have taken my advice and stopped talking about your imaginary "car".

Bad move. So let's take this one by one.

You beat two much more powerful and quicker and faster cars than a Carrera 4 GTS (and "your car"). But - and here is the best part - the reason this happened is your "wastegate vacuum line" - BLEW - which you had to get repaired...BUT you now have a leaking manifold - on a stock E63S? After racing it a few times?

Man - that is some bad luck there - as I raced my earlier E63S many many many times over almost four years and never had a single issue because they are literally built like tanks.

I know you can't show us any pictures of this runway event because you and your colour scheme on your car is SO famous - that everyone will somehow know it is you (which you must admit - makes you amazingly famous as there aren't too many people who can be instantly recognized just by their car). The car yes - but the actual person associated with the car and who they are - no.

But cool...cool story bro.
My goodness, how do you communicate with people in real life? Is everyone living a lie around you?

I have actually gone to take a pic of the letter from AMG just so that other users on this forum can see your tooling instinct.....

Name:  letter2.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  165.5 KB
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 04:55 PM   #121
vtknight
Major
Rep

Quote:
My goodness, how do you communicate with people in real life? Is everyone living a lie around you?

I have actually gone to take a pic of the letter from AMG just so that other users on this forum can see your tooling instinct.....
So no pics of your car - or you at the Dragtimes event in Russia? I think I would have taken a few pics if I were there.

Thanks for posting someones letter from Mercedes though...I mean you could go - right now - and write a note to us saying hi - and take that pic inside your “car”. I mean - why not? Such a simple solution. Just don’t wait for a few hours until you can get to a buddies house to do it. Do it right now. It’s an E63S - it’s definitley not impossible you own one. And they we will all at least know you aren’t (quite) a fraud.

Or continue with your stories. So until then...

Cool. Cool story bro.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 05:37 PM   #122
Goonba
Private
Rep

Quote:
So no pics of your car - or you at the Dragtimes event in Russia? I think I would have taken a few pics if I were there.

Thanks for posting someones letter from Mercedes though...I mean you could go - right now - and write a note to us saying hi - and take that pic inside your “car”. I mean - why not? Such a simple solution. Just don’t wait for a few hours until you can get to a buddies house to do it. Do it right now. It’s an E63S - it’s definitley not impossible you own one. And they we will all at least know you aren’t (quite) a fraud.

Or continue with your stories. So until then...

Cool. Cool story bro.
Sorry what?????? I did exactly that "solution" last time you berated me on this forum, you deplorable tool. Go check the vbox chat where it says hello Elitex (not quite that) on the steering wheel.

Honestly, I realise that people are all different, but you are a true specimen of an internet troll. You literally sit and berate people on a forum who differ from your completely narrow-minded opinions. It doesn't matter if I am new to this forum or not, I should have a right to share my experiences in a comparison based thread. Currently, everything you have said has been shown to be not completely correct Mr. Accurate. In Russia there is a wise saying about people like you "На заборе тоже написано, а там ..." go translate, maybe the Dragtimes guys told you the same.

Yes, I went and made a pic inside of an e63s with a label (...because that is a lot of fun to do) and I went and wrote a letter from AMG.......honestly you are special

I hope any new users read this exchange to spot the real troll.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 06:37 PM   #123
vtknight
Major
Rep

Quote:
Sorry what?????? I did exactly that "solution" last time you berated me on this forum, you deplorable tool. Go check the vbox chat where it says hello Elitex (not quite that) on the steering wheel.

Honestly, I realise that people are all different, but you are a true specimen of an internet troll. You literally sit and berate people on a forum who differ from your completely narrow-minded opinions. It doesn't matter if I am new to this forum or not, I should have a right to share my experiences in a comparison based thread. Currently, everything you have said has been shown to be not completely correct Mr. Accurate. In Russia there is a wise saying about people like you "На заборе тоже написано, а там ..." go translate, maybe the Dragtimes guys told you the same.

Yes, I went and made a pic inside of an e63s with a label (...because that is a lot of fun to do) and I went and wrote a letter from AMG.......honestly you are special

I hope any new users read this exchange to spot the real troll.
I think the real troll is easily spotted. I won’t say his name - but his initials are Goonba.

You can use google translate. Awesome. Deplorable? Tsk tsk. That wasn’t cricket.
And I’m narrow minded? You have shared “your” experiences - everything is fact or a conspiracy as long it follows your personal beliefs. That is clear.

You seem to have issues with having races that keep consistency and controls so that the outcomes have meaning - like Dragtimes.

Thank-you at least ending your tirade nicely and giving me a compliment. It’s great you think I’m special.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2018, 12:09 PM   #124
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

These two cars are so close, one 10th is nothing, zilch, nada, niente, nowt! And is well within the margin of error of even a good driver like Sutcliffe.

I guess the preceding 5 pages are full of people arguing like they are are Lewis Hamilton and one 10th is the difference between the world championship and abject failure.
      04-27-2018, 07:54 PM   #125
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
These two cars are so close, one 10th is nothing, zilch, nada, niente, nowt! And is well within the margin of error of even a good driver like Sutcliffe.

I guess the preceding 5 pages are full of people arguing like they are are Lewis Hamilton and one 10th is the difference between the world championship and abject failure.
Agreed. It reminds me of when I used to live in SoCal and talked to this one specific GT-R guy who used to quote 'Ring times like it was his job, but literally knew nothing more than a brochure and used it as his weekend car - and it never saw the track or strip.
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2018, 11:31 PM   #126
vtknight
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc05e46m3 View Post
Agreed. It reminds me of when I used to live in SoCal and talked to this one specific GT-R guy who used to quote 'Ring times like it was his job, but literally knew nothing more than a brochure and used it as his weekend car - and it never saw the track or strip.
I agree the two cars are very close - as I stated repeatedly. That said - I think its fair to say I know more about my GTR (since GTR's were brought up) than the brochure. And that car lives at the track.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2018, 04:22 AM   #127
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I agree the two cars are very close - as I stated repeatedly. That said - I think its fair to say I know more about my GTR (since GTR's were brought up) than the brochure. And that car lives at the track.

Cheers.
Cool story! Please tell us again sometime.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2018, 10:14 PM   #128
vtknight
Major
Rep

Quote:
Here's a video. You can replay it. Just remember - you wanted to make this post - not I.

Enjoy your bolt on cars.

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2018, 04:15 AM   #129
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Here's a video. You can replay it. Just remember - you wanted to make this post - not I.

Enjoy your bolt on cars.

Enjoy my bolt on cars? For the same money that I got my 2017 GT-R, I could have built a drag-oriented CBA. Alas, congratulations, a car that is single purpose.

You're adorable and as fun as this is, I'm going to stop feeding you now. I can't help but join the party when there's always that one guy who can't stop trying to measure bananas. I'm really sorry you were bullied in high school man. They can't hurt you anymore - I promise.

Peace and Love.

Last edited by jc05e46m3; 04-29-2018 at 09:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2018, 09:13 AM   #130
neohh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Enjoy my bolt on cars? For the same money that I got my 2017 GT-R, I could have built a drag-oriented CBA. Alas, congratulations, a car that is single purpose.

You're adorable and as fun as this is, I'm going to stop feeding you now. I can't help but join the party when there's always that one guy who can't stop trying to measure . I'm really sorry you were bullied in high school man. They can't hurt you anymore - I promise.

Peace and Love.
Seriously? The fact you have to resort to personal insult without knowing the person, and then say peace and love is extremely ironic.

It's very clear who's the troll here.
Appreciate 1
vtknight966.50
      04-29-2018, 09:19 AM   #131
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by neohh View Post
Quote:

You're adorable and as fun as this is, I'm going to stop feeding you now. I can't help but join the party when there's always that one guy who can't stop trying to measure . I'm really sorry you were bullied in high school man. They can't hurt you anymore - I promise.

Peace and Love.
Seriously? The fact you have to resort to personal insult without knowing the person, and then say peace and love is extremely ironic.

It's very clear who's the troll here.
Yeah, I'm totally a troll. Actually, nah, I just fight fire with fire, my friend. Welcome to the forums.

Last edited by jc05e46m3; 04-29-2018 at 09:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2018, 12:35 PM   #132
vtknight
Major
Rep

Quote:

You're adorable and as fun as this is, I'm going to stop feeding you now. I can't help but join the party when there's always that one guy who can't stop trying to measure bananas. I'm really sorry you were bullied in high school man. They can't hurt you anymore - I promise.

Peace and Love.
Lol - that was a pretty good retort. Gentleman’s clap.

With some irony - as you wanted to write about a lack of experience and only reading brochures - your “for the same money I got my 2017 GTR (with dash!)...”you could have bought a drag GTR.

Seeing anything Alpha 12 and onwards would cost you 100K - no.

That said, I guess it depends on what you consider quick and fast.

But I’m glad you could tell us how much money you have - buying a new GT——-R! WOW!

I have to reuse the last half of your comment...nice banana measuring - and you should listen to your own advice about bullying and finding some confidence.

Love and light.
Appreciate 0