BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Who drives your M5?

08-15-2023, 06:50 AM   #45
frozenRedm5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M5, M3, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgmike View Post
I used to let my wife drive mine on occasion, but then she did this and I haven’t let her drive it since.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2023, 06:52 AM   #46
frozenRedm5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M5, M3, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmsteinm View Post
The front of my wife's X5 looks exactly like that...and so did her E90. I can forgive the E90, but she didn't want the 360 camera on the X5...I should have added the option anyway. Oh well.

She hasn't asked to drive the M5 yet...I know part if it is worry about something happening, but also I think she hates the Tartufo. For the record I am very happy with the Tartufo. Never going to have an all-black interior again.
When I bought my F80 M3 Black on Black...Never again would I get an all black interior. Summers sucked.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2023, 05:43 AM   #47
F30Andy
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: An Entire Fleet

I am the kind of friend that will let any of my competent friends drive the M5 or ANY of my other cars.

My circle of friends drive some very nice cars, a lot of which are worth way more than the M5.
I also have friends that choose to drive shit boxes but could afford to buy 10 M5's if they wanted to.

I find that to feel the full force of the M5, you have to sit as a passanger and let someone who knows what they are doing, well do what they want.

Half the joy of owning shit like this is giving joy to your nearest and dearest by letting them experiance it for themselves.

I have never understood guys who get cars and then make their "friends" sit shotgun.
Those kind of guys are not real friends.

The wife on the other hand is not allowed to drive!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2023, 09:49 AM   #48
aalsayye
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenRedm5 View Post
Just curious...

Besides you, the owner of your pristine M5. Do you let anyone else drive your car? If so, do you have rules on what they can and cannot do?

For me, I don't let anyone drive me car. Sure, that can be viewed as ahole'ish, but at the end of the day, I hold myself responsible if anything went wrong.
My boss (wife) 😂
2023 M5
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2023, 02:53 PM   #49
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenRedm5 View Post
Just curious...

Besides you, the owner of your pristine M5. Do you let anyone else drive your car? If so, do you have rules on what they can and cannot do?

For me, I don't let anyone drive me car. Sure, that can be viewed as ahole'ish, but at the end of the day, I hold myself responsible if anything went wrong.
I don't let anyone drive unless they have seat time in their own high performance car. People who have cars such as these or faster respect power delivery. Everyone knows I'm a nut when it comes to my car so they don't even ask.

Now anyone who has asked for a ride - I'll gladlly make it extra spirited for them so they always remember.
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY
Appreciate 0