BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board    Ask someone who works in music whatevs

12-09-2015, 09:54 AM   #45
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsix View Post
You know that talking about an planned criminal act is allready concidered as crime, more so when it's an planned murder attempt?
Kanye's lawyer can file legal doc's against you...
What crime? He was talking about sending a package and I told him to send it to the Kardashians house. How is this a crime? BTW his lawyers would be working 24/7 if they where to go after everyone who wanted him dead.. Ever read some of the shit posted on youtube? Good god..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 09:54 AM   #46
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

You mentioned earlier being on the 'bidness' side...is this client management, contract negotiation, etc...?

Also - the evolution of how we purchase music changed rapidly. In the past, we would buy albums in either record form to 8track to Cassette to CD and now digital. iTunes and music sharing (Pandora and I <3 Radio) have made music purchase song specific. My question - what will be the next evolution in the industry for buying/sharing songs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 10:12 AM   #47
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
You know that talking about an planned criminal act is allready concidered as crime, more so when it's an planned murder attempt?
Kanye's lawyer can file legal doc's against you...
Only person who mentioned a crime against Kanye is you. Why do you want to harm Kanye so much?
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2015, 10:15 AM   #48
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
Only person who mentioned a crime against Kanye is you. Why do you want to harm Kanye so much?
I agree, Vsix what do you have against such a talented individual? CSU just wanted to send him and the Kardshians some self help books on how not to be total assholes. How did you figure murder in all this? What do you have against such a wonderful group of people? They are Americas version of the royal family.

Off topic: Shouldn't your name be Veight since the E92 M3 is 8 cylinder. Or Isix if you also happen to own a non-M E92.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 10:15 AM   #49
DF
Major
Rep
Drives: F23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post
You mentioned earlier being on the 'bidness' side...is this client management, contract negotiation, etc...?

Also - the evolution of how we purchase music changed rapidly. In the past, we would buy albums in either record form to 8track to Cassette to CD and now digital. iTunes and music sharing (Pandora and I <3 Radio) have made music purchase song specific. My question - what will be the next evolution in the industry for buying/sharing songs?
I'm in an artist relations position now. The evolution is to streaming. Which has a ton of issues with it. We are moving closer and closer to music being in only a digital form. Everyone is developing a platform they want to be "the" platform. But the days of free services are probably numbered. There isn't a free model that will work in the future
Appreciate 2
      12-09-2015, 10:25 AM   #50
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 sold, M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
I agree, Vsix what do you have against such a talented individual? CSU just wanted to send him and the Kardshians some self help books on how not to be total assholes. How did you figure murder in all this? What do you have against such a wonderful group of people? They are Americas version of the royal family.

Off topic: Shouldn't your name be Veight since the E92 M3 is 8 cylinder. Or Isix if you also happen to own a non-M E92.
In the day's of terroristic attack's, his word's had for my taste a bitter flavour and that's the reason why advised him not to speak in such an low-level manner about powerful people as the kardashian's or Kanye are.
What I said was just what lawyer's could interpretate out of his post.
Wich is something I don't want the poster to go through...trial's because of an post...you know?

Last edited by vsix; 12-09-2015 at 10:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 10:37 AM   #51
Andrewthefirst
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M140i

Can you get me Hayley Williams' phone number?

Or even just tell her I love her
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 10:44 AM   #52
MChat
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3 (en route)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DF View Post
Post a link. Rap isn't my genre but I'll give it a listen
Since you're in a listening mood...

Here's a group my son in Panama (long story) is managing. My son also produces their videos. So far they are on Spotify and my son is working on getting them a U.S. tour (already been doing small tours in and around Panama). I may be biased (and I probably am) but I think they have a great classic rock sound:

2016 BMW M3 (stock)
2005 Jeep LJ (slightly modified)
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 10:44 AM   #53
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
I'm in an artist relations position now. The evolution is to streaming. Which has a ton of issues with it. We are moving closer and closer to music being in only a digital form. Everyone is developing a platform they want to be "the" platform. But the days of free services are probably numbered. There isn't a free model that will work in the future
Can you start telling engineers to stop deliberately sucking at what they do? There is nothing worse than the way music "sounds" today. Yeah, the vast majority of it sucks content wise, so I do agree with the posters who are asking you to "make an album that doesn't suck", but I take serious issue with the way the music of the last 20+ years actually sounds as well. The solution for the longest time (predating the plethora of digital formats, so they can't use that as an excuse) has been to just turn up the volume and the bass. Tell them to stop that bullshit and learn how to actually engineer music. Stop playing to the "everyone has a shitty sound system, so I have to make this sound the same (i.e. LIKE SHIT) on everything it could possibly be played on" audience and make all of these stupid "premium" headphones actually serve some kind of real purpose instead of just posing like they have one.

Quote:
I have Harmon ones but they were free so...
Because a great sounding system (headphones, components, whathaveyou) only goes so far...
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2015, 10:45 AM   #54
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
In the day's of terroristic attack's, his word's had for my taste a bitter flavour and that's the reason why advised him not to speak in such an low-level manner about powerful people as the kardashian's or Kanye are.
What I said was just what lawyer's could interpretate out of his post.
Wich is something I don't want the poster to go through...trial's because of an post...you know?

You right.. Let's just let the Matt Stone and Trey Parker deal with them in their genius way.. The South Park episode where they killed the Kardashians was hilarious..
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2015, 05:28 PM   #55
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
You right.. Let's just let the Matt Stone and Trey Parker deal with them in their genius way.. The South Park episode where they killed the Kardashians was hilarious..
Someone should warn them about kanyes lawyers
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 05:35 PM   #56
UglyBuzzard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 / M5

Thoughts on the soundtrack for Butt Bongo Fiesta?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 05:43 PM   #57
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

What's your positions on ass-licking ?
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2015, 05:46 PM   #58
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Is rap gonna go back to being good?

How long will the EDM fad last?

Any chance ever for classic rock type music returning?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 06:44 PM   #59
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
Aw, I think Taylor Swift is a great model. Glad to hear that her sweetness is not just a marketing ploy!
Not surprised about Mariah.
Taylor Swift isn't all that nice though. She sends me messages on Line Messenger and then when I reply, she never responds to any of my questions.

What type of music are you usually involved with?

Rising stars within that genre?

What do you think about Lil D?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 01:30 PM   #60
DF
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MChat View Post
Since you're in a listening mood...

Here's a group my son in Panama (long story) is managing. My son also produces their videos. So far they are on Spotify and my son is working on getting them a U.S. tour (already been doing small tours in and around Panama). I may be biased (and I probably am) but I think they have a great classic rock sound:
I dont disagree. Your kid did a good job with the video. Are they signed in Panama?
Appreciate 2
      12-10-2015, 01:30 PM   #61
DF
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1.47fan View Post
What's your positions on ass-licking ?
Am a fan
Appreciate 1
      12-10-2015, 01:32 PM   #62
DF
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Is rap gonna go back to being good?

How long will the EDM fad last?

Any chance ever for classic rock type music returning?
1. Good question. Who knows. but there is a TON out there. How do you feel about Chance?
2. A while longer I think. It will be interesting to see where it goes after this all over. Espcially from a pop crossover perspective.
Appreciate 1
      12-10-2015, 01:36 PM   #63
DF
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
Taylor Swift isn't all that nice though. She sends me messages on Line Messenger and then when I reply, she never responds to any of my questions.

What type of music are you usually involved with?

Rising stars within that genre?

What do you think about Lil D?
Im involved wilh all types. Yesterday I had a meeting with a british pop singer. Tonight I am going to a label party and meeting with a dance act.

Its hard to talk about rising stars cause you never know whats going to happen. Some people just break through and others who are very talented dont.

As in small pensis?
Appreciate 1
      12-10-2015, 01:37 PM   #64
DF
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyBuzzard View Post
Thoughts on the soundtrack for Butt Bongo Fiesta?
kicks ass of course.
Appreciate 2
      12-10-2015, 02:34 PM   #65
MChat
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3 (en route)

Garage List
Quote:
I dont disagree. Your kid did a good job with the video. Are they signed in Panama?
I don't believe they are signed with anyone (not sure to be honest). I know my son has been getting them on the internet (Spotify, U-Tube, etc) and gigs in Panama (and possibly nearby countries). But I don't know if he has been in communication with any recording companies.

Long story short, his mother took off with him to Panama when he wasn't yet 2 years old. I only found him via Facebook about 4 years ago (he turned 21 this year). I'd love to be able to help him anyway I can.

2016 BMW M3 (stock)
2005 Jeep LJ (slightly modified)
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 02:40 PM   #66
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

You guys hiring?
Appreciate 0