BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modifications > Turner Motorsports High Kick Spoiler Overview and Installation

02-26-2023, 07:31 PM   #23
TargaM2
M///modifyer
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
2015 Renault RS275R  [9.50]
2019 Renault RS280  [10.00]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
2018 Audi Q2  [5.50]
Painted with exposed section…
Attached Images

Stylin.M2302.50
Distinct165.00
      02-27-2023, 03:19 PM   #24
SchnellerM2C
Private
Rep
Drives: M2c, s54E30, Z3MCoupe,

Thanks for pics of your spoiler paint scheme.

I'll have to double check where my blems are & see if I might be able to duplicate that.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2023, 10:37 AM   #25
5teeb
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnellerM2C View Post
My 3K mile 2021 M2C garage queen came with the TMS high kick spoiler along with other carbon bits.

At first I was considering something smaller like the CS lip, but over time it has grown on me.

Whoever installed it did a good job, as I don't see any fitment issues.

My only complaint: Now that the car is being driven (10k total miles thus far) and exposed to the sun, the lip spoiler has developed some areas of sun damage and discoloration.

I'm debating some sort of paint scheme that leaves some carbon exposed, but the sunspots are in weird places

The car is in storage for the winter right now, but if someone is interested, I'll get some pics of the blems.
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but did you purchase your Spoiler from Turner MS? I was about to order one but hearing that yours started to show sun damage on a car thats kept in the garage is pretty concerning to me since my car stays outside in the Texas sun lol Almost on the fence of buying an Ebay rep and get it shot with extra clear or get it paint matched instead of paying full price from Turner MS just for it to get damaged in a few months..
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2023, 11:31 AM   #26
MooMooM2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5teeb View Post
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but did you purchase your Spoiler from Turner MS? I was about to order one but hearing that yours started to show sun damage on a car thats kept in the garage is pretty concerning to me since my car stays outside in the Texas sun lol Almost on the fence of buying an Ebay rep and get it shot with extra clear or get it paint matched instead of paying full price from Turner MS just for it to get damaged in a few months..
I bought mine from turned and in one of the tips of the lip you can see some delamination. Car is garaged as well.

This is a good lip if paint matched but just as most aftermarket carbon products, the qc is crap and clear will eventually start going bad. Mine is not terrible yet but I can see will get worst as it goes.

I mean Farkle basically called it in his video, I did not want to paint it because black car but might do it eventually once it starts getting worst.
Appreciate 1
5teeb7.50
      09-19-2023, 10:04 PM   #27
vrooooom
New BMW owner
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 LCI

Been wanting to get this high kick but all these issues are making me question its quality. especially since mine is semi-garaged (canopy).
2018 BMW M2 LCI BM3 Stage 2 + MPE + FTP charge pipe + MST V2 Inlet + TurboSmart DV + CSF FMIC + AA Hi-flow Downpipe + Turner Rear Shifter Bushing + Wiechers Strut Brace + Bilstein B16 PSS10 + Apex VS-5RS
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2023, 05:11 PM   #28
SchnellerM2C
Private
Rep
Drives: M2c, s54E30, Z3MCoupe,

Quote:
The spoiler came with the 2021 M2C car I bought used in early 2022. It is the TMS spoiler and it was installed in 2021 by the previous owner.

As I said the car had 3K miles when I bought it and after only several months of New England summer sun in 2022 it started to blem.

Our 2023 summer had more rain than sun but it's gotten worse.

It's a unique & great looking piece. It's unfortunate TMS decided on a cheapo manufacturer.

I am considering painting the most visible parts - top, rim & sides. The vertical rear thus far has only a minor blem along the bottom edge, so I might leave the rear facing portion alone.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-29-2023, 10:21 PM   #29
vrooooom
New BMW owner
Philippines
Rep

I wonder if wrapping with PPF would stop /slow that tendency.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2023, 11:02 PM   #30
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrooooom View Post
I wonder if wrapping with PPF would stop /slow that tendency.
It would since it should stop the UV.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2023, 11:14 PM   #31
vrooooom
New BMW owner
Philippines
Rep

and myb a high quality additional clear coat would also work.
2018 BMW M2 LCI BM3 Stage 2 + MPE + FTP charge pipe + MST V2 Inlet + TurboSmart DV + CSF FMIC + AA Hi-flow Downpipe + Turner Rear Shifter Bushing + Wiechers Strut Brace + Bilstein B16 PSS10 + Apex VS-5RS
Appreciate 0