BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    2021 M5 Stop sale

05-29-2021, 11:43 AM   #23
F85Matt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M / 2018 M3 / 2002 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisina4 View Post
How hard it is to get replacement keys for an M5? My car has been on a lot for a week waiting for a resolution to this stop sale and I wanted to gauge how long I may have to wait as my friend is buying my off-lease m550.
48 hours
Appreciate 2
      06-01-2021, 04:44 PM   #24
adeuel
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Oxford Green M5C

Any further updates on this situation?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 04:57 PM   #25
adeuel
Lieutenant
Rep

I just got off the phone with the status line folks and she was able to see that my remedy workorder was started on the 5/27. Hopefully it's just the keys and should be resolved soon!
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2021, 05:23 PM   #26
sbilyayev
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw M3/X6 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeuel View Post
I just got off the phone with the status line folks and she was able to see that my remedy workorder was started on the 5/27. Hopefully it's just the keys and should be resolved soon!
Thank you for checking!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 12:19 PM   #27
J_PNW
Private
Rep
Drives: X7 40i ‘21

For those of you waiting on the stop-sale: If you log in to your "My Garage" site, have you been getting error messages over the last few days? It's been hit-or-miss for me, and I'm wondering whether it's just website issues, or if it's related to the stop-sale.

On the stop-sale itself, I don't have an update yet on how long it will take. Based on what we've seen here, don't expect it to be a long ordeal.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 02:09 PM   #28
sbilyayev
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_PNW View Post
For those of you waiting on the stop-sale: If you log in to your "My Garage" site, have you been getting error messages over the last few days? It's been hit-or-miss for me, and I'm wondering whether it's just website issues, or if it's related to the stop-sale.

On the stop-sale itself, I don't have an update yet on how long it will take. Based on what we've seen here, don't expect it to be a long ordeal.
Yes, same here. It may be that we broke the system, by refreshing it a little too many time lately, I know I was 🤪🔫..

Just got off the phone with genius rep and she said that she doesn't see that fix is available for the car yet 🥺...
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 03:27 PM   #29
The5rivers
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 M5C, 22 X3MC, 24 X7 40i

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but I found this post on another forum as an additional data point:

Quote:
Just a heads up that there is a Stop Sale on a bunch of 5 series and 7 series. It sounds like it’s specifically tied to M Sport models. I have a 540 sitting at the Baltimore VPC and it will have sat there for over 40 days by the time this is resolved.

Apparently the cars were sent with the wrong key fobs and don’t have a motion sensor. Sounds like without the motion sensor the vehicles are more susceptible to theft.

I called another dealer to see if I could get a deal on an M550 that they had on their lot and it was also a stop sale.

The fix is sending 2 new fobs for each car and reprogramming. Just an FYI, if you haven’t pulled the trigger on a deal and they haven’t mentioned the stop sale I would jump on it because it’s going to be another 3-4 weeks before it’s fixed.
Appreciate 2
J_PNW39.50
      06-02-2021, 03:39 PM   #30
sbilyayev
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5rivers View Post
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but I found this post on another forum as an additional data point:

Quote:
Just a heads up that there is a Stop Sale on a bunch of 5 series and 7 series. It sounds like it's specifically tied to M Sport models. I have a 540 sitting at the Baltimore VPC and it will have sat there for over 40 days by the time this is resolved.

Apparently the cars were sent with the wrong key fobs and don't have a motion sensor. Sounds like without the motion sensor the vehicles are more susceptible to theft.

I called another dealer to see if I could get a deal on an M550 that they had on their lot and it was also a stop sale.

The fix is sending 2 new fobs for each car and reprogramming. Just an FYI, if you haven't pulled the trigger on a deal and they haven't mentioned the stop sale I would jump on it because it's going to be another 3-4 weeks before it's fixed.
Not at all, thank you. Any is information is much appreciated, it is much better then waiting in the dark!

P.s. You got be exited, when is the big day?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 03:41 PM   #31
J_PNW
Private
Rep
Drives: X7 40i ‘21

Quote:
Thanks - let’s see whether our SAs have more color on this. Like I posted before, our last car was held up because of an incorrect sticker in the door well - so this feels like a more substantial “problem”
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 04:12 PM   #32
The5rivers
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 M5C, 22 X3MC, 24 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbilyayev View Post
Not at all, thank you. Any is information is much appreciated, it is much better then waiting in the dark!

Yeah I feel bad for you all. The wait is already excruciating and now a stop sale just increases the frustration. Sorry that you guys are dealing with this, and hopefully it gets sorted soon.

Yes next week!!! Signing paperwork on Friday and then off to SC next Wednesday
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2021, 04:20 PM   #33
sbilyayev
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah I feel bad for you all. The wait is already excruciating and now a stop sale just increases the frustration. Sorry that you guys are dealing with this, and hopefully it gets sorted soon.

Yes next week!!! Signing paperwork on Friday and then off to SC next Wednesday
Good luck! Hopefully we would not be here by the time you get back🤞😜
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2021, 06:37 PM   #34
Arabmoney_216
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 LCI

Stop sale

Hello I'm also dealing with the stop sale, my m5 was supposed to be delivered to dealership on the 30th but the stop sale took place 🙄. Hopefully it's a quick turn around anyone know how long this process would take ?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 06:10 AM   #35
ellisina4
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabmoney_216 View Post
Hello I'm also dealing with the stop sale, my m5 was supposed to be delivered to dealership on the 30th but the stop sale took place 🙄. Hopefully it's a quick turn around anyone know how long this process would take ?
New remote controls were ordered from Germany on Tuesday… dealership received them yesterday morning… picked up my car same afternoon. 24 hour turnaround.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      06-03-2021, 07:31 AM   #36
sbilyayev
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
New remote controls were ordered from Germany on Tuesday… dealership received them yesterday morning… picked up my car same afternoon. 24 hour turnaround.
Excellent news! Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 04:50 PM   #37
Arabmoney_216
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Appreciate the update, congrats on a great spec
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 05:34 PM   #38
sbilyayev
Private
United_States
Rep

I got in touch with my dealer this morning, and he told me that they don't show a fix yet...:
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 07:57 PM   #39
ellisina4
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5C

Quote:
I got in touch with my dealer this morning, and he told me that they don't show a fix yet...:
Have them call service department at Knauz BMW Lake Bluff IL… since I picked up the car, the fix is in place and entails remote control replacement…
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 09:22 PM   #40
adeuel
Lieutenant
Rep

It would appear they are trying to move dealer floor planned vehicles out of this fix before port stalled units.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 09:43 PM   #41
sbilyayev
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Have them call service department at Knauz BMW Lake Bluff IL… since I picked up the car, the fix is in place and entails remote control replacement…
Many of us have cars stuck at the port, so I doubt the dealers have much control over those cars.

It is sucks, but the rep on the genius line told me the same thing yesterday about the fix.

The good news is that some of the cars started to being fixed and delivered!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 11:43 PM   #42
Arabmoney_216
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Many of us have cars stuck at the port, so I doubt the dealers have much control over those cars.

It is sucks, but the rep on the genius line told me the same thing yesterday about the fix.

It's annoying because these aren't " ordinary " cars we shouldn't have to deal with this problem. Especially since the cars are just newly built, i would expect this problem after owner the car for a month or so
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2021, 05:30 AM   #43
adeuel
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
It's annoying because these aren't " ordinary " cars we shouldn't have to deal with this problem. Especially since the cars are just newly built, i would expect this problem after owner the car for a month or so
Ordinary is relative.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2021, 05:35 AM   #44
sbilyayev
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You are right it is not very common. But it is quite normal, and it a sign of good company. BMW realized that something went wrong during the production, and they are addressing it before they deliver it to the consumer. Plus, it prevents future lawsuits against them because of product malfunction.

Frustrating - yes. But I much rather have it this way now than dealing with the car being stolen or any other problem in the future.
Appreciate 0