BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    Yet Another M5C with PCD

05-01-2021, 03:32 PM   #23
The5rivers
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 M5C, 22 X3MC, 24 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler Up! View Post
You won't be disappointed! I had the opportunity to hear the M Performance Exhaust in person last weekend when I signed my lease paperwork. The sound of a cold start is intoxicating.
Can’t wait!!

Your PCD is coming up, oh the anticipation! Send me a vid of the MPE!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 03:36 PM   #24
milehighguy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5rivers View Post
Brief update: Ship has been up and down the East coast, from Baltimore to Brunswick and currently in Jacksonville. Next stop is Charleston ETA May 1st.

And....I also added the M performance exhaust to my order!!! Read a few threads on the board, decided that it was worth it.
Wait a minute, you can add modifications to your car build prior to it arriving at port? I thought after a certain phase no modifications could be made.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 03:38 PM   #25
The5rivers
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dworkman99 View Post
Wait a minute, you can add modifications to your car build prior to it arriving at port? I thought after a certain phase no modifications could be made.
M Performance parts can be added until it arrives at the VPC

Vehicle options can be added prior to status 112.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 03:47 PM   #26
milehighguy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
M Performance parts can be added until it arrives at the VPC

Vehicle options can be added prior to status 112.
Maybe it's different since yours is being delivered to a performance center where mine is being delivered to a distribution center?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 03:54 PM   #27
The5rivers
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Maybe it's different since yours is being delivered to a performance center where mine is being delivered to a distribution center?
I don’t think it’s different. All vehicles will have to be processed at a vpc/vdc, and this is when accessories get installed, repair any damage in transit, etc. Then it gets shipped to a dealer or in my case, to the PC.

Did you try to add a part and were denied?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 03:58 PM   #28
milehighguy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I don't think it's different. All vehicles will have to be processed at a vpc/vdc, and this is when accessories get installed, repair any damage in transit, etc. Then it gets shipped to a dealer or in my case, to the PC.

Did you try to add a part and were denied?
My CA is telling me it can't be modified. Sigh...

Obviously I would rather it be port installed vs me paying out of pocket for the spoiler since I am leasing it.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 04:05 PM   #29
The5rivers
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
My CA is telling me it can't be modified. Sigh...

Obviously I would rather it be port installed vs me paying out of pocket for the spoiler since I am leasing it.
Hmm interesting. Based on my datapoint and others I found in various forums, you can add parts until it arrives at the vpc. Maybe there is something different with PCD.

My CA said you can add parts at any time prior to its arrival at the vpc. It was simple for him to add and remove parts on my order and they updated instantly on my bmw.

Sorry to hear that, but if there is something you really want to add, I’d probably push your CA more, maybe have him reach out to a vpc rep.
Appreciate 1
      05-01-2021, 05:05 PM   #30
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

I don't know what the deal is with these discrepancies. I was given the same line. I even called BMW NA to complain I could not add the side skirts. They told me the reason given is parts are not installed at the factory if the skirts are to be installed at the port. Seems like they still could add them as the port where my car arrived has a full body repair shop for damage that may occur during transit.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 05:09 PM   #31
The5rivers
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
I don't know what the deal is with these discrepancies. I was given the same line. I even called BMW NA to complain I could not add the side skirts. They told me the reason given is parts are not installed at the factory if the skirts are to be installed at the port. Seems like they still could add them as the port where my car arrived has a full body repair shop for damage that may occur during transit.
That’s odd. It was my understanding that m perf parts are always port installed, not at the factory.

I don’t know why there are discrepancies and sorry to hear that as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 06:23 AM   #32
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
That’s odd. It was my understanding that m perf parts are always port installed, not at the factory.

I don’t know why there are discrepancies and sorry to hear that as well.
I was probably not clear, but BMW NA told me in order for the side skirts to be installed at the port, certain parts needed to be left uninstalled when the car leaves the factory. I guess the side skirts are installed under other body parts that would be left off when the car leaves the factory and then installed once the side skirts are installed at the port.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 07:53 AM   #33
The5rivers
First Lieutenant
Rep

Almost time!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 08:59 AM   #34
Boiler Up!
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5C, 2025 X7 M60i

Quote:
Almost time!
You're going to have a blast. Almost forgot that I owe you a vid of the MPE. Enjoy!
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2021, 09:35 AM   #35
FLBuckeye
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5C

Quote:
Almost time!
So envious! I have been in 'Production Begins' status for what feels like decades (it's been a month to the day). Genius line has an estimated completion of mid-June. No idea when there will be an available slot to schedule for PCD. Hopefully some time in July.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 01:20 PM   #36
The5rivers
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler Up! View Post
You're going to have a blast. Almost forgot that I owe you a vid of the MPE. Enjoy!
Sounds amazing! Thanks for sending. That was remote start correct? Triple click on the keyfob?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 01:23 PM   #37
The5rivers
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLBuckeye View Post
So envious! I have been in 'Production Begins' status for what feels like decades (it's been a month to the day). Genius line has an estimated completion of mid-June. No idea when there will be an available slot to schedule for PCD. Hopefully some time in July.
I and others have felt your pain. Do you have a build week? That will tell you when its scheduled to be completed, then you can tighten up the estimate.

However, I will warn you that there were long times at Bremerhaven for many members, including myself. Check out the first post of this thread to see my timeline. Once the car arrives stateside your dealer will reach you to and let you know the first available PCD date from the factory. You can either accept or change to another date that is 10 days from that date.

Good luck! It will be worth the wait. You will check mybmw every day and then watch the webcams and the shipping route, etc. Or maybe that was just me
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 01:29 PM   #38
Boiler Up!
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5C, 2025 X7 M60i

Quote:
Sounds amazing! Thanks for sending. That was remote start correct? Triple click on the keyfob?
Thanks, it definitely generates attention.

Yes to both. It will need to be activated in vehicle settings.
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2021, 03:39 PM   #39
FLBuckeye
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5C

Quote:
I and others have felt your pain. Do you have a build week? That will tell you when its scheduled to be completed, then you can tighten up the estimate.

However, I will warn you that there were long times at Bremerhaven for many members, including myself. Check out the first post of this thread to see my timeline. Once the car arrives stateside your dealer will reach you to and let you know the first available PCD date from the factory. You can either accept or change to another date that is 10 days from that date.

Good luck! It will be worth the wait. You will check mybmw every day and then watch the webcams and the shipping route, etc. Or maybe that was just me
Haha -- I am sure I will be following suit. I already check mybmw daily (if not more). ETA for completion is 6/14, so less than 2 weeks -- I assume I will see 'In the paint booth' soon. Thanks for your insight!
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2021, 04:33 PM   #40
The5rivers
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLBuckeye View Post
Haha -- I am sure I will be following suit. I already check mybmw daily (if not more). ETA for completion is 6/14, so less than 2 weeks -- I assume I will see 'In the paint booth' soon. Thanks for your insight!
Nice! I think I posted webcam pics when my car was at the port in the build/timing thread lol. So you'll have plenty to keep you busy.

Also if you haven't already, check out this thread for all your tracking/process needs: https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1463763
Appreciate 0