E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Everyone wants to race!!!

10-31-2005, 02:38 PM   #45
e90driver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 325i, 08 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ase2dais
photo replaced, sorry!

06 325i. IT'S HERE!- 08 E92 328xi, Premium, Auto, Cold- Montego Blue
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2005, 02:39 PM   #46
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward
if I had an F430 I'd debadge so people didn't know I couldn't afford the good one
The only think you'd be able to debadge is the Ferrari logo!

KenB, you never heard of the F490? Jeez, get out of the farm! Jocularity aside, I stand corrected. I mistakenly replaced the 430 with 490. I was thinking the numbers correlated with its HP rating (490) but apparently, I was a dolt. Oh well.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2005, 02:43 PM   #47
ON325i
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90 325i

Garage List
2006 e90 325i  [0.00]
rebe1, i think since u r in Toronto, i'm guessing you are living aroudn the highway 7 area and should know about the frequent "races" going on there. Most races are usually assoicated with japanese ones though, rsx type-s, 350z, STi.... you just need to pass some car to get them going.... ridiculous..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebe1
Don't know about Blacksburg, but in my area, the majority of the BMW/German car buyers are asian and and there's so many BMW's on the road I don't think anyone gets excited enough to race a typical e90 330. I see people trying to race with other people driving 350z's, 997's, STi's, M3's, Vipers etc. (idiots), but not really with a typical 3 series.
      10-31-2005, 03:52 PM   #48
sbrentson
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

In my e46 325i a few weeks ago, I was at a light next to an stock STi and thought it would be fun to watch him launch. I had no intention of racing; I just wanted to see a faster car. So I revved for a bit, and waited while the light turned. The driver of the STi didn't dissappoint.

Those things sure are fast.

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2005, 04:07 PM   #49
ON325i
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2006 e90 325i  [0.00]
just a fun story to share from my friend,
same setting, red lights, empty street, my friend's car and a STi,
red -> green light, the STi launched.... backwards...... lololololollolol

my friend stopped for a long while to finish laughing hard....
      10-31-2005, 04:33 PM   #50
underDAWG
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E30 on Stands

A few years ago, I was driving a mom-mobile (mini van) on I95 just few A few years ago, I was driving a mom-mobile (mini van) on I95 just few miles before my exit. A ricer Honda was behind me and kept flashing me. I was doing about 65; I moved over to let him pass without much of a fuss. As I approached the exit, I found the ricer was driving slowly on a curve (dark and a big sharp curve). From the brake light, I could tell he was inexperience and did not even know how to execute the turn. I was having fun driving very close to him and kept flash my light laughing. Just before we completely exited the exit, I passed him, but he did not even dare to catch with me.

My son and I always have a big laugh when we talk about ricers. Many really don’t know much except putting stickers on their cars.
miles before my exit. A ricer Honda was behind me and kept flashing me. I was doing just about 65; I moved over to let him pass without much of a fuss. As I approached the exit, I found the ricer was driving slowly. Form the brake light, he did not even know how to excutle
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2005, 06:38 PM   #51
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieA
That's because nobody's allowed to drive fast in Melbourne, the wowser police state are after you if you go 3km/h above the limit.
thats kinda tough if you have a bimmer, dont you think?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2005, 09:05 PM   #52
puck724
COLTS 4 LIFE!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by underDAWG
Well..... you live a very metropolitian city. You folks have more high end cars than NorthAmerica made cars. Just like south OC, CA, driving an American Made vehicle is rare.

BTW, wlecome aboard.

ill vouch for that!! hard to get excited about cars over here...even continentals, aston martins, and SLRs are popping up everywhere...meh...
      10-31-2005, 10:24 PM   #53
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieA
That's because nobody's allowed to drive fast in Melbourne, the wowser police state are after you if you go 3km/h above the limit.
Thanks Jamie!! You are right but moreso, the streets are really clogged with cars these days and virtually all of them do obey the speed limits.

Fine by me as I really drive and enjoy my time in the car taking it nice and easy.

Hey, I will even let a hyundai excel (nothing wrong with that car either, just an example) beat me off the lights if they want to. I know what my car is capable of and that's just fine with me!!!

Now if they want to keep up with me on the cross country and mountain roads with all their twists and turns, then we will see who's boss!!!
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2005, 10:31 PM   #54
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ase2dais
thats kinda tough if you have a bimmer, dont you think?
No, not at all. My driving style is easy and relaxed, letting all those who want to pass me, pass me. No, Im not a slow driver, I enjoy the smoothness of the drive, the ease with which the car can get up to cruising speed and listening to sounds from the wonderful Logic 7.

No rush to get anywhare after a long day at work. Even in heavy peak traffic, I just enjoy the drive and arrive home nice and relaxed.

But if I did want to go fast, I know that I can anytime. Try it. A nice easy drive home after a hard day at work. Should work wonders for your stress levels. It works for me.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2005, 10:41 PM   #55
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory1000
now I know why BMW get the rep of being assholes....its because of asshole owners who think their shit dont stink...

yeah, did you miss that memo?

we (BMW owners) see a clear difference between our cars and other options and lots of us think that everyone else in the world is stupid for making a choice otherwise.

BMW owners, myself included are huge pricks and A-holes

I'm sure you'll be one of us after you've owned it for a few years
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2005, 06:16 AM   #56
JamieA
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i

I think what happens, is that when you have a car that is so capable you get used to it, and suddenly everyone seems to be driving slow and dawdling all over the road, hesitating at corners, and you are thinking "For f**k sake! What are all these morons doing on the road!?"

Then you drive a normal car and realise that these people are driving within the limits of their cars... so I need to do a reality check sometimes.

I know this sounds arrogant, but it kinda creeps up on you and you suddenly realise that people see you as aggressive in the traffic when you are just on a cheery sunday drive as far as you are concerned...
      11-01-2005, 06:47 AM   #57
davinet78
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d

Garage List
they want to race you cos they envy you and feel inferior to you and by racing you perhaps they try and feel more superior, but its part of the envy they have for you, so dont fall in their trap let them try and race you , and if you dont react to them they they would feel even more gutted
      11-06-2005, 09:22 PM   #58
nocturnal
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

I AGREE

Quote:
Originally Posted by davinet78
they want to race you cos they envy you and feel inferior to you and by racing you perhaps they try and feel more superior, but its part of the envy they have for you, so dont fall in their trap let them try and race you , and if you dont react to them they they would feel even more gutted

Sup Davinet,

You hit it on the button! I was sittin' in my '89 Civic back in the day with a FIINE lookin' girl on the passenger seat, and a 911 pulled up next to me... OBVIOUSLY, we all knew he could smoke me even if he started in 3rd, BUT I STILL TRIED... i knew i was inferior to his ride, and he was this old guy with a HOTTER/YOUNGER chick! Something about feeling inferior makes you wanna prove something to someone who doesn't even matter.

Now, i got me an e90, and i don't bother racing any of these momos that used to be me... Although I still put it down when i'm on a windy road on my own.

Ride safe
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2005, 09:45 PM   #59
ON325i
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2006 e90 325i  [0.00]
But this (guy+chick) situation has a very devastating effect if your ride got owned... lol

my uncle once smoked a 911 turbo guy (with his wife/chick) with his 745iL.... my cousin said it was pretty funny consider that 911 turbo guy has no clue what he is doing
      11-06-2005, 11:10 PM   #60
nocturnal
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreslogic
But this (guy+chick) situation has a very devastating effect if your ride got owned... lol

my uncle once smoked a 911 turbo guy (with his wife/chick) with his 745iL.... my cousin said it was pretty funny consider that 911 turbo guy has no clue what he is doing

HAHAHA

If only i could've pulled that off with my baby blue '89 Civic hatchback! Yes, you read correct, baby blue...

That car was a joke, but got me from A to B in these winters up here!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2005, 11:13 PM   #61
nocturnal
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Oh, CORESLOGIC... just noticed you're from the T.

You should take your ride to Rosedale Valley Rd or Bayview downtown, nice windies down there...

Let me know if you know any nice winding roads anywhere around town, would love to hit them AFTER break-in, and BEFORE the snow/black ice hits the pavement
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2005, 11:22 PM   #62
ABR
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Most roads around Niagara escarpment are pretty cool: up and down and twisted. Perhaps we need a separate local thread on this...
      11-07-2005, 12:48 AM   #63
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

No, it's not worth it. Even if the streets are empty and whatnot, you shouldn't give in to the temptation. If you do it once, you'll do it again, and chances are, you may not be so lucky the next time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory1000
A lot of BWM owners on here are like "done speed, follow local laws, hondas are crap and are nothing to a BMW, all the have are a bunch of stickers on then" thats BS, you are just acting like a typical BMW owner, get over it. BWM owners can RICE out there cars just as much as honda owners...there are a lot on this site that are riced out.. and as for street racing, it happens with all kinds of cars not just honda/acura...if you dont like it then dont do it, but dont bash on others that do, there are a lot of things out there that will kill you, but I dont hear you bitching about them too... God I hate stuck up BMW owners...
First off, I don't care if street racers die, in fact, it's great that they're helping out the human race get rid of morons. It's when innocent bystanders and motorists get injured or involved that I start caring. It seems that you're the type of person who likes to street race; fine-you're not a ricer, you're a fucking idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trurace
My brother has an 01 civic pushing about 350-400whp that can sh*t on a BMW anyday so assume that all honda's and acura's are RICE. BMW's ARE NOT FOR RACING......
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2005, 12:10 PM   #64
ON325i
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2006 e90 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB
He had no clue that he was racing.
he does, he was rev-ing and laughing at my uncle, heh
      11-08-2005, 12:30 PM   #65
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by David325Australia
No, not at all. My driving style is easy and relaxed, ...I enjoy the smoothness of the drive, the ease with which the car can get up to cruising speed and listening to sounds from the wonderful Logic 7. ...No rush to get anywhare after a long day at work. Even in heavy peak traffic, I just enjoy the drive and arrive home nice and relaxed....But if I did want to go fast, I know that I can anytime. Try it. A nice easy drive home after a hard day at work. Should work wonders for your stress levels. It works for me.
I feel the same why and my non-SP E90 w/ staggered non-RFT Pilot Sports AS tires helps me enjoy a relaxing ride home! I like it stress-free too!
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2005, 12:59 PM   #66
rebe1
Rep
Drives: n/a

Actually, Bayview/Sheppard area, but I work around Hwy7. Don't really notice people trying to race e90's at all. Usually I'll see people lining up at lights, but those cars are usually all fixed up and kids. They don't usually race any BMW for the hell of it. Actually saw a Gallardo and a STi lined up last week, and they didn't peel off at all
Would had been a cool show. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreslogic
rebe1, i think since u r in Toronto, i'm guessing you are living aroudn the highway 7 area and should know about the frequent "races" going on there. Most races are usually assoicated with japanese ones though, rsx type-s, 350z, STi.... you just need to pass some car to get them going.... ridiculous..
Appreciate 0