E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > BMW E90 318i - issue with EGR sensor

05-04-2024, 06:00 AM   #1
ScrollQ
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw E90 318i

Question BMW E90 318i - issue with EGR sensor

Hi everyone,

I'm having an issue with my BMW E90 318i with a petrol engine and I would like to seek assistance regarding the EGR valve and the error related to the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) sensor, which occurs both while driving and while stationary.

Problem description:
After diagnosing the car using the INPA diagnostic program, I found an error with the EGR valve sensor. The program indicates that the valve is not opening and shows 0% opening. Additionally, during the diagnostics, I observed a lack of voltage reading on one of the lambda probes.

Request for assistance:

1. Information about the EGR valve: I would like to obtain information about the location of the EGR valve in the BMW E90 318i model. Could someone point out where this valve is located in engine bay photos?
2. Could the EGR valve be not installed?: Is there a possibility that my car is not equipped with an EGR valve? If so, how can I confirm this?
3. Coding in the onboard computer: Is the EGR valve coded in the onboard computer? How can I check if the onboard computer detects its presence?
4. O2 Sensor: What could be the cause of the lack of voltage reading on one of the O2 sensor? Is it related to the EGR valve issue?

I am also attaching engine bay photos to facilitate the location of the EGR valve.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0