BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    My new 2021 Frozen Marina Bay Blue F90 M5 Comp LCI [Produced Video]

05-25-2021, 05:05 AM   #1
FourPtDrift
This is my unique custom title
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5C, '20 F83 M4C

My new 2021 Frozen Marina Bay Blue F90 M5 Comp LCI [Produced Video]

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hello all!

I'm been quasi lurking in the F90 forum the past couple of weeks (after prior forum activity with two E92's, one F82, and two F83's) and now have video to present (courtesy the good folks at Silicon Valley Bimmer and Obsessed) of my new 2021, Frozen Marina Bay Blue F90 M5 Comp LCI, with a host of additional items added to it for good measure.

Best as I can tell, Frozen Marina Bay Blue is fairly rare, and certainly very rare for the F90. There have been two pre-LCI F90's in the Frozen Marina Bay Blue (a 2018 and a 2019), both in the U.S., and I believe only one other LCI also in Frozen Marina Bay Blue, also in the U.S.. There appears to be two more Frozen Marina Bay Blue F90 LCI's on the other side of the pond, one in Monaco and one in Russia. And, that seems to be about it, thus far. If I'm wrong, please let me know... curious to know what else might be out there.

As for my car's build:

2021 F90 M5 LCI

Exterior:
Frozen Marina Bay Blue
20" M Double-Spoke Black Wheels, Style 706M with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires (stock aspect ratios)

Interior:
Aragon Brown Full Merino
Aluminum Dark Carbon Structure trim

Packages:
Competition Package
Driving Assistance Plus Package
Executive Package
Bower and Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System

Options:
M Performance Exhaust System - Titanium with Carbon Fiber trim
M Compound Brakes with Red Calipers
M Performance Carbon Fiber 3 Piece Front Spliter
M Performance Carbon Fiber Mirror Covers
M Performance Carbon Fiber Rocker Panels
M Performance Carbon Fiber Pro Rear Spoiler
M Performance Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser
M Performance Steering Wheel Pro
M Performance Carbon Fiber Shift paddles
M Performance Carbon Fiber shifter

Customizations:
For those wondering about the M Performance Steering Wheel Pro on an F90 M5 with the Driving Assistance Plus package, which includes Driver's Assistance Professional, yes, the factory wheel is incompatible. So, with the help of a forum member, noushy I went the custom route to make the steering wheel work – a unique solution custom built by Car Seat Design to integrate full support for Driver Assistance Professional, including accommodation for the LED lamps over the button clusters, vibration alerts and touch interface for response to driver alert prompts. Customization also preserved the heating function under the alcantara surface and integrated both a carbon fiber trim piece and alcantara wrap-around over the back of the steering wheel. Arguably, the Car Seat Design sourced custom built M Performance Wheel is far superior to the factory option - which isn't even compatible with the car.

And... of course...
Valentine 1 Gen 2 hard-wired

Essentially, the car has every option save for the M Driver's Package and the M CCB, two considerations that simply aren't missed on this car, at all.

And there will be more to come in the near future.

And here's the video:

I'll add some photos shortly along with my new 2020 F83, also in a very unique Individual color, Porsche Chalk.

I was a bit apprehensive at first about going with a frozen color – but I can tell you, I love it! The car absolutely glows in practically any light - in direct sun light is is absolutely amazing. At night, it is stunning. It never fails to draw attention and compliments - and frequently it is mistaken for a wrap. But there's no wrap that glows and responds to light the way this frozen paint does - it really is something to see.

Enjoy the video and stay tuned for photos coming soon.

-Daniel

2021 F90 Comp LCI Frozen Marina Bay Blue/Aragon Brown Full Merino
2020 F83 Comp LCI Porsche Chalk/Black Full Merino
2018 F82 Comp LCI Mineral White/Sakhir Orange (Sold)
2017 F83 Comp Black Saphhire/Sakhir Orange (Sold)

Last edited by FourPtDrift; 05-25-2021 at 09:57 AM..
Appreciate 16
MoeMuc118.50
MystroX56283.50
GTATX1104.00
Alberta2027.50
limeypride4423.50
eman45171708.00
euro*1657.50
eddiehaug742.50
cfm56d7b5876.00
wesleyan921372.00
Gdiddy23906.50
Simple1133.50
Holset272.50
Jamesmick131.00
      05-25-2021, 06:20 AM   #2
Simon H
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

Fantastic, so envious that you guys can have the full fat sound over there. Our cars are so muted now, not the feintest crackle, nothing, its annoying and sad really
Appreciate 2
      05-25-2021, 06:26 AM   #3
FourPtDrift
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon H View Post
Fantastic, so envious that you guys can have the full fat sound over there. Our cars are so muted now, not the feintest crackle, nothing, its annoying and sad really
Thanks Simon! On the plus side, you live in a beautiful country, so you have that going for you.

As for my car's exhaust note, there is some much added "oomph" on my car courtesy the M Performance Exhaust system. The titanium construction and valve delete on it give a major acoustic boost over the "regular" Competition exhaust. And, frankly, it sounds incredible. Starting it up, anywhere, always draws positive attention and thumbs up.

-Daniel

Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 08:49 AM   #4
snowbimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850 GC - Carbon Black

Garage List
2022 M850 GC  [10.00]
Wow. Very nice.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 09:29 AM   #5
Crumbs
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F85 X5M Mineral White

Stunner!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 09:44 AM   #6
FourPtDrift
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbimmer View Post
Wow. Very nice.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumbs View Post
Stunner!

And Thank you!

Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 10:01 AM   #7
Simon H
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourPtDrift View Post
Thanks Simon! On the plus side, you live in a beautiful country, so you have that going for you.

As for my car's exhaust note, there is some much added "oomph" on my car courtesy the M Performance Exhaust system. The titanium construction and valve delete on it give a major acoustic boost over the "regular" Competition exhaust. And, frankly, it sounds incredible. Starting it up, anywhere, always draws positive attention and thumbs up.

-Daniel
Oh dont Dan,
You are rubbing it in even more , enjoy your beautiful beast .
Appreciate 1
      05-25-2021, 10:05 AM   #8
FourPtDrift
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh dont Dan,
You are rubbing it in even more , enjoy your beautiful beast .
Simon, I sincerely mean it. FWIW, The Wife's comment on my car video: "it's very nice, but it's a shame about the scenery and ugly roads - would have been so much nicer if shot somewhere in England or Scotland."

So there you go.

And you enjoy your beautiful beast, too!

-Daniel

Appreciate 1
Simon H874.50
      05-25-2021, 10:08 AM   #9
Simon H
Major
Rep

Quote:
Simon, I sincerely mean it. FWIW, The Wife's comment on my car video: "it's very nice, but it's a shame about the scenery and ugly roads - would have been so much nicer if shot somewhere in England or Scotland."

So there you go.

And you enjoy your beautiful beast, too!

-Daniel
Thanks Dan,
Kind words. We have just come back from the Scottish Highlands, we were there a week. It is truly a drivers paradise, sometimes not seeing another car for miles, on open roads, with scenery so beautiful, it is almost a spiritual experience. Hopefully back up there next month in the M5 .
Appreciate 1
      05-25-2021, 10:12 AM   #10
FourPtDrift
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks Dan,
Kind words. We have just come back from the Scottish Highlands, we were there a week. It is truly a drivers paradise, sometimes not seeing another car for miles, on open roads, with scenery so beautiful, it is almost a spiritual experience. Hopefully back up there next month in the M5 .
You must take photos and share! I'm looking forward to seeing them!

-Daniel

Appreciate 1
Simon H874.50
      05-25-2021, 10:31 AM   #11
Simon H
Major
Rep

Quote:
You must take photos and share! I'm looking forward to seeing them!

-Daniel
Just a couple form the last trip last week, didnt get many this trip, weather wasnt too kind, but a bit of an indication of the roads etc

Would just love the full fat, non OPF M5 sound, blasting over these roads. My last two M5s sounded tremendous, but this one, although a truly superb car, has lost a bit of its soul and character, but i do still love it .
Appreciate 4
FreeDarko217.00
J_PNW39.50
JRod1980391.50
      05-25-2021, 10:49 AM   #12
FourPtDrift
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Just a couple form the last trip last week, didnt get many this trip, weather wasnt too kind, but a bit of an indication of the roads etc

Would just love the full fat, non OPF M5 sound, blasting over these roads. My last two M5s sounded tremendous, but this one, although a truly superb car, has lost a bit of its soul and character, but i do still love it .
The photos are gorgeous! See? You do live in a beautiful country.

I am aware from online videos of the OPF issue you speak of, but of course, it's tough to tell what it really sounds like from just a video. The clips I've seen/heard, do seem to have the exhaust note somewhat "muted." Is there no aftermarket solution for overcoming this unwanted modification? What about the M Performance Titanium exhaust? Is it available to you in the UK?

-Daniel

Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 11:02 AM   #13
Simon H
Major
Rep

Quote:
The photos are gorgeous! See? You do live in a beautiful country.

I am aware from online videos of the OPF issue you speak of, but of course, it's tough to tell what it really sounds like from just a video. The clips I've seen/heard, do seem to have the exhaust note somewhat "muted." Is there no aftermarket solution for overcoming this unwanted modification? What about the M Performance Titanium exhaust? Is it available to you in the UK?

-Daniel
The MPE has never really been available to us in the UK, but for a very short time in 2018, before OPFs became the norm here. I could go out and have it remapped, but im not just too sure if the LCI ECU has been unlocked yet, but, by doing that the warranty is then gone. Im told by the dealers, as soon as they plug the car in, it automatically will get flagged up in Germany that mods have been carried out. The engine and drivetrain warranty will be gone at this point. Im sure if your radio blew up, that would still be covered etc. Its tough to take listening to your beautiful car, its perfect, and i would buy the MPE in a heartbeat, if we could. The pops and bangs are actually mapped out now in the UK, its devoid of any aural excitement. I was secretly hoping the CS, may bring back a bit of character back here, but i went to look at one yesterday, and its just the same noise as mine. Never mind, im sure BMW would listen to a little minno like me, NOT !. If you listen to the likes of an Audi R8 V10 Performance, they are not just as quite as sharp, noise wise, with their OPFs fitted, but its only a slight muting, and they still pop and bang, so to say the EU regs has killed off all the noise is incorrect, because Audi can still do it, the same as AMG can, so come on BMW, you are letting your loyal customers down .
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 11:14 AM   #14
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Beautiful Daniel, deserves front page
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 11:17 AM   #15
FourPtDrift
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The MPE has never really been available to us in the UK, but for a very short time in 2018, before OPFs became the norm here.
Ok, what about Akropovic? Can you purchase and bolt it on to the car? Would this not improve your situation? Would this be considered a warranty voiding act?

Quote:
I could go out and have it remapped, but im not just too sure if the LCI ECU has been unlocked yet
It hasn't been - still locked up tight.

Quote:
but, by doing that the warranty is then gone. Im told by the dealers, as soon as they plug the car in, it automatically will get flagged up in Germany that mods have been carried out.
Yep, that's pretty much what happens. Disgusting, isn't it?

Quote:
The engine and drivetrain warranty will be gone at this point. Im sure if your radio blew up, that would still be covered etc.
One can hope! But with BMW's gentle ways, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Quote:
Its tough to take listening to your beautiful car, its perfect, and i would buy the MPE in a heartbeat, if we could. The pops and bangs are actually mapped out now in the UK, its devoid of any aural excitement.
Oh wow. Really?? That's horrible! And here I was upset about the soft limiter which prevents me from raving the car while in Park. I guess I should be very glad that this is my only programatic gripe!

Quote:
I was secretly hoping the CS, may bring back a bit of character back here, but i went to look at one yesterday, and its just the same noise as mine.
No kidding! Huh! I wouldn't have guess that.

Quote:
Never mind, im sure BMW would listen to a little minno like me, NOT !. If you listen to the likes of an Audi R8 V10 Performance, they are not just as quite as sharp, noise wise, with their OPFs fitted, but its only a slight muting, and they still pop and bang, so to say the EU regs has killed off all the noise is incorrect, because Audi can still do it, the same as AMG can, so come on BMW, you are letting your loyal customers down .
I wonder what kind of sounds the future electric M5 will make.

-Daniel

Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 11:21 AM   #16
FourPtDrift
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@Alpine View Post
Beautiful Daniel, deserves front page
Wow!

VERY high compliment - thank you Alex! I don't know exactly how a post becomes front page - but I would certainly welcome it!

-Daniel

Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 11:22 AM   #17
Poleposition
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
United_States
Rep
Drives: very well

IMO, one of the nicest colors you can get on an F90 M5. Although i am impartial as I do own one of the 2019 cars in this color. Not so sure about the claims of exclusivity as I am aware of 5 pre LCI cars in this color and 2 LCI in this color. One of them is actually only a couple miles away from me. Regardless of how many they built or didnt build, its still one of the nicest colors to live with as well. I picked mine up at the Welt in Munich and was told at the time it was a rare color but not 1 of 4 kind of rare. More like they made a few handfuls of them. Regardless, good luck with it. It certainly looks even better as an LCI model. Im sure you'll have many years of enjoyment. I had the car ceramic pro'd upon return to the states and that is a worthwhile investment for sure.

All the best
2024 i4 M50 on order

IG @purpleM5Comp_NY
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 11:33 AM   #18
FourPtDrift
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poleposition View Post
IMO, one of the nicest colors you can get on an F90 M5. Although i am impartial as I do own one of the 2019 cars in this color. Not so sure about the claims of exclusivity as I am aware of 5 pre LCI cars in this color and 2 LCI in this color. One of them is actually only a couple miles away from me. Regardless of how many they built or didnt build, its still one of the nicest colors to live with as well. I picked mine up at the Welt in Munich and was told at the time it was a rare color but not 1 of 4 kind of rare. More like they made a few handfuls of them. Regardless, good luck with it. It certainly looks even better as an LCI model. Im sure you'll have many years of enjoyment. I had the car ceramic pro'd upon return to the states and that is a worthwhile investment for sure.

All the best
Thank you! I remember seeing your BMW Welt photos with your delivery - that must have been a fantastic experience!

As to the "rarity" matter - I don't know that this matters much or not. It certainly is very "uncommon." I knew about your car and another pre-LCI car, and I am aware of one LCI in besides mine in the U.S. and a couple more in Europe/Russia. And frankly, I'm sure there's bound to be more cropping up sooner or later. The exposure of the color on the M8's reveal no doubt has had plenty of time to reach many people at this point, and more than a few are bound to be interested in an M5 in the same finish.

I am VERY curious about your experience with the ceramic protection - how did this affect the color/luster/sheen of the car's finish? Any comparative photos, same vehicle placement/time of day/light value, showing a before and after? Perhaps something showing the process under way and presenting any "changes" in color tone/brightness as a result of the surface treatment?

Thank you for your kind wishes and thanks in advance for any additional info you can share re: your ceramic experience.

Regards,

Daniel

Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 11:49 AM   #19
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

I have literally seen the 2018 Pre-LCI Frozen Marina Bay Blue F90 M5 you mentioned, in person. I saw it when it was brand new at BMW Encinitas in California. It is indeed a very nice color combo.

Enjoy your LCI F90 and take care of that paint. 🙂

Appreciate 1
      05-25-2021, 12:00 PM   #20
Anmolbains23
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

Beautiful ride! I saw that it says your located in Milpitas.

Me as well, hopefully I can run into that thing around town someday lol
Appreciate 1
      05-25-2021, 12:47 PM   #21
The5rivers
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 M5C, 22 X3MC, 24 X7 40i

Beautiful spec and unique color. I've got the same M performance parts on my spec except the wheel obviously, and will add the CF paddles and shifter after delivery.

Awesome video too!
Appreciate 1
      05-25-2021, 12:52 PM   #22
eman4517
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 G83 M4C xDrive

Garage List
Wow, MBBM on the F90 M5 LCI looks amazing frozen!

Now I know (somewhat) what my car would like like with xPel stealth!

Cheers!

Gone but not forgotten:'22 G82 M4Comp xDrive, '21 F90 M5 Comp,'19 Porsche 911 C4S, 15 Audi RS5, etc..
Appreciate 0