E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > GVA safety ?

02-28-2010, 12:46 AM   #1
Me_Hi
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: *

GVA safety ?

So, I have to pass safety to register my car from ON to BC, 2006 pre LCI
Will this setup pass ?

So what I did....

#1 Switch the fogs with DRL's signal wire so now my DRL's are like the Audi's; the low and high beam, non Xenon, are trough the fogs.
#2 Disabled the turn signals in the headlights trough the footwell module
#3 Tap into the side marker signal and add custom LED's blinkers hidden behing the new M3 bumper mesh. These lights will only turn on when blinkers are on so no half signal for position lights.
#4 Since I switch the wire from # 1, now when I press the fog button in the car, I can have both the HID's and the DRL lights on, that's 2 bulbs on per headlight
#5 By turning the parking lights on, I now have AEO since my DRL's are in the fogs.
#6 I have the sport OEM tint but the first guy I went to see for safety saw the vehicule and said it won't pass because he thought the tint is aftermarket. How do I prove this is an OEM tint ?
#7 My back lights will need to be back to OEM since what I have now it's not DOT stamped, so now for the inspection, back to OEM but I just hope my custom setup will not need to go to stock in order to to pass inspection.

Your thoughts ?
Attached Images

Last edited by Me_Hi; 02-28-2010 at 12:52 AM..
Appreciate 0