BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    ER catless secondaries + CTS Turbo Intake w/ before&after Dragy

08-12-2022, 06:28 PM   #1
ambletx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 Comp

ER catless secondaries + CTS Turbo Intake w/ before&after Dragy

So these were not done immediately before and after the install but this is the best/closest evidence that I can provide. So, the first Dragy 60-130 was done earlier this summer on the same stretch of road in Mexico that I use for these tests. . Both runs were a rolling start from 50 MPH, and the car is a 2021 M5 Comp.

Car setup on the first run is:
  • RaceChip Map 7, charcoal deletes, BMC air filters, and 1/2 tank of 93
  • Engine: Sport Plus
  • Transmission: D3
  • Chassis: Sport Plus
  • Steering: Sport
  • DSC: Off
  • M xDrive: 4WD Sport

Car setup on the second run:
I'm not sure why the Dragy didn't record the temp and DA for this run but it was 82F and DA2487ft
  • RaceChip Map 7, Evolution Racewerks catless secondaries, CTS Turbo Intake, and a little over 1/2 tank of 93
  • Engine: Sport Plus
  • Transmission: D3
  • Chassis: Sport Plus
  • Steering: Sport
  • DSC: Off
  • M xDrive: 4WD Sport

I get that the DA, elevation, etc. are not identical, but as I said, this is the closest proof that I can provide in terms of performance gains. Also, the 7.6x 60-130 is a consistent number that I have hit multiple times. I can't wait until the DA starts to drop and weather cools to see what I can get out of the car. The best 60-130 run I had on the original setup with optimal DA and temps was a 7.77.

Last edited by ambletx; 08-13-2022 at 01:25 AM..
Appreciate 1
onfireX53619.50
      08-12-2022, 07:31 PM   #2
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Thanks for testing! I love seeing real world results. Do you think the CTS open box cones offer any gains over the BMC panels in the closed box? BMS, which sells a slightly smaller open box cone system says the gains are only about 10 rwhp over stock filters and only at 25 psi.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 08:42 PM   #3
ambletx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
Thanks for testing! I love seeing real world results. Do you think the CTS open box cones offer any gains over the BMC panels in the closed box? BMS, which sells a slightly smaller open box cone system says the gains are only about 10 rwhp over stock filters and only at 25 psi.
Unfortunately I don't have any before and after results between the BMC and CTS. Having said that, I do feel that the CTS (butt dyno) made the car quicker as the turbos spool up much sooner. Even if there were no gains at all, the sound is glorious and worth the price of admission.
Appreciate 0