07-08-2021, 10:57 PM   #1
Jszlaga
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 M50i

Garage List
Akrapovic exhaust vs FI exhaust

I know there are threads on this out there already but couldn't find anything specifically comparing these two options. Anyone hear both of these in person or have experience with them both? I think my next mod will be an exhaust and I've narrowed it down to these two. Not sure if the premium paid for an Akrapovic is really worth it. From what I've heard on YouTube I can't tell much of a difference between them. Appreciate any input.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 08:58 AM   #2
Klienfeld303
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 x5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jszlaga View Post
I know there are threads on this out there already but couldn't find anything specifically comparing these two options. Anyone hear both of these in person or have experience with them both? I think my next mod will be an exhaust and I've narrowed it down to these two. Not sure if the premium paid for an Akrapovic is really worth it. From what I've heard on YouTube I can't tell much of a difference between them. Appreciate any input.
I can't see how 7k for exhaust makes ANY sense. I don't care if that shit sounds like Beethoven in Madison square garden. There are a million other upgrades you could do with that money or buy some ETH or max out your Roth. Anything but that 😂. I might get an eisenmann but I'm still on the fence about loudness and droning. Anywho - I know this post didn't help but just adding my input.
m3fuz199.00
      07-09-2021, 09:58 AM   #3
Jszlaga
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klienfeld303 View Post
Quote:
I can't see how 7k for exhaust makes ANY sense. I don't care if that shit sounds like Beethoven in Madison square garden. There are a million other upgrades you could do with that money or buy some ETH or max out your Roth. Anything but that 😂. I might get an eisenmann but I'm still on the fence about loudness and droning. Anywho - I know this post didn't help but just adding my input.
Thanks for the input. I'm kind of thinking the same thing, but just needed some reinforcement.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 08:09 PM   #4
X5MNY
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw X5M

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I can't see how 7k for exhaust makes ANY sense. I don't care if that shit sounds like Beethoven in Madison square garden. There are a million other upgrades you could do with that money or buy some ETH or max out your Roth. Anything but that . I might get an eisenmann but I'm still on the fence about loudness and droning. Anywho - I know this post didn't help but just adding my input.
Thanks for the input. I'm kind of thinking the same thing, but just needed some reinforcement.
I have the Akra paired with Rk intakes, plus a high flow dp with tune and it sounds awesome.. The key is to wait and look on classified for a used one to show up. I can't justify the new price tag but if you can get your hands on one used, i think you will need the highflow dp atleast to make it worth it.(My opinion). When i had just the Akra and all stock, it was not worth it as loudness was similar to stock.
Appreciate 1
Jszlaga480.50
      07-10-2021, 07:51 AM   #5
Jszlaga
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5MNY View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I can't see how 7k for exhaust makes ANY sense. I don't care if that shit sounds like Beethoven in Madison square garden. There are a million other upgrades you could do with that money or buy some ETH or max out your Roth. Anything but that . I might get an eisenmann but I'm still on the fence about loudness and droning. Anywho - I know this post didn't help but just adding my input.
I have the Akra paired with Rk intakes, plus a high flow dp with tune and it sounds awesome.. The key is to wait and look on classified for a used one to show up. I can't justify the new price tag but if you can get your hands on one used, i think you will need the highflow dp atleast to make it worth it.(My opinion). When i had just the Akra and all stock, it was not worth it as loudness was similar to stock.
Thanks for the feedback. I have an RK intake as well. I don't think I want to do a down pipe though. At least not at this time. I want to be able to control when it's loud and when it's not. With the down pipes I won't have that control. A valved exhaust will allow me that freedom.

I've read on the forum other folks saying that the Akrapovic is not all that loud. Thanks for confirming that point. Leaning FI at this point.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 11:06 AM   #6
Blue By You
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB X5M F85

Fabspeed

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. I have an RK intake as well. I don't think I want to do a down pipe though. At least not at this time. I want to be able to control when it's loud and when it's not. With the down pipes I won't have that control. A valved exhaust will allow me that freedom.

I've read on the forum other folks saying that the Akrapovic is not all that loud. Thanks for confirming that point. Leaning FI at this point.
Have you considered the Fabspeed exhaust? Just curious...

https://www.fabspeed.com/bmw-x5m-f85...xhaust-system/
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 01:20 PM   #7
Klienfeld303
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 x5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue By You View Post
Quote:

If you're gonna go that route I'd get red star exhaust. Looks MUCH better. http://www.redstarexhaust.com/produc...id=1&pid=5 and they are very nice in IG. I'm always asking questions. I also saw on eBay they give you the option to offer an amount. I love that shit.
      07-10-2021, 02:08 PM   #8
Jszlaga
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue By You View Post
Quote:

If you're gonna go that route I'd get red star exhaust. Looks MUCH better. http://www.redstarexhaust.com/produc...id=1&pid=5 and they are very nice in IG. I'm always asking questions. I also saw on eBay they give you the option to offer an amount. I love that shit.
Yeah, I want the full system not just an axle back so I did not consider either of these.
Appreciate 1
      07-11-2021, 10:44 AM   #9
Blue By You
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB X5M F85

Makes sense

Quote:
Yeah, I want the full system not just an axle back so I did not consider either of these.
I hear you on that one
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2021, 04:46 PM   #10
X5M_RoOkIE
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5M

I heard both and they both sounds great! It is all about personal taste i guess.
Appreciate 2
Jszlaga480.50