E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > DIY E93 HELP || CCC to CIC Retrofit & Combox + Coding

Yesterday, 02:22 PM   #1
anmol397
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 2008

DIY E93 HELP || CCC to CIC Retrofit & Combox + Coding

Evening guys, newbie here ✌🏽
Had an E93 in the house for about 2 years, finally decided to try & do a CCC to CIC retrofit, because let’s face it, the minimal a car should have is Bluetooth music streaming - I managed to get all parts pretty cheap, including the combox itself

Doing the hardware install seems relatively easy, however, my only concern is coding

My questions are:

1. As the screen has been bought separately from the unit from another car, would this be a problem? Or will the screen light up when the car is powered on as it would normally?

2. When carrying out coding, do I need anything else other than NCSexpert? I know I have to code the unit itself to the VIN & the combox will also need coding to the VIN & car, however I’m not very experienced, the max I’ve done is code injectors 😂
I have BMW standard tools installed already but I’ve been reading about FSC codes that need installing for the navigation & other things, hence the question - is the software & codes for this readily available to download ?

3. Before coding is done, I know the software/ firmware on the idrive needs to be at C1a, is this possible to do with just a USB with the file rooted to the stick? Or will I need to use NCSexpert?

4. The Combox of course needs to fitted with the removal of the TCU & MULF, I’ve seen the adapter you can buy, however Ive also seen the plugs you can pin yourself, is there a guidance page/ file I can follow to pin everything myself ? Or is it just not worth the hassle?

I have had a look about for coding to be done externally, but I don’t really want to fork out £300+ for coding & activation if I can do it myself with a little guidance, plus I prefer learning stuff myself lol

Sorry for the hefty post on a Thursday night lol, kinda sad the kit is just sitting here in a box waiting for it to be installed

Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated
Appreciate 0