BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

03-12-2022, 03:40 PM   #1
jprice130
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

FS (NC): 2008 E92 M3 DCT - 96K Miles

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Up for sale is my 2008 e92 M3 (DCT). Current mileage is 96,600 and current asking price is $25,900. I purchased the car in Dec 2020 and I'm the 4th owner (3rd owner only had the car for a few weeks...). I am located in Harrisburg, NC which is just outside of Charlotte. I have a clean title in hand for an easy transaction.

My original goal with this car was to prep it for light track duty, but life kept getting in the way and I never got the car on a track. I did AutoX the car a few times, but most AutoX courses are just too slow and tight for the high-revving goodness of this car.

I've only put 2000 miles on the car in my 15 months of ownership so it's time to get this car in the hands of someone that can enjoy it more often as opposed to sitting in my garage longing for track days. Below are all the relevant details and some current pictures. Please PM if interested.

2008 E92 M3
• VIN: WBSWD935X8PY40728
• DCT
• Sparkling Graphite Metallic w/Black Leather Interior
• Cold Weather Package
• Premium Package
• Technology Package
• Dynamic/Electronic Damper Control
• Moonroof
• Enhanced Premium Sound

Maintenance
• New Battery @ 96K (and properly registered)
• Oil changed (Liqui Moly 10w60) @ 96K
• Valve Covers replaced @ 96K
• Fresh Alignment @ 96K
• Rod Bearings completed @ 93K
• OEM Engine Mounts @ 93K
• Diff fluid @ 90k
• Brake fluid changed @ 90K
• Full DCT Service @ 80k
• Primary o2 sensors @ 80k
• Low fuel pressure sensor @ 80k
• Power Steering fluid @ 80k
• Subframe and differential bushings @ 70k
• OEM Fuel Pump and Transfer Section - May 2019
• New belts and idler/tensioner pulleys - May 2019

Modifications
• Ground Control Front Camber Plates
• Bilstein B16 Damptronic Height Adjustable Coilovers (uses OEM EDC)
• Hotchkis Adjustable Front Sway Bar with SPL Adjustable End-Links
• LED Angel Eye conversion
• 2012 CIC I-Drive with 2019 USA Maps
• Combox with Bluetooth and Connected Apps
• OEM Backup Camera Integration
• LED Interior Lighting upgrade
• Billet Shift Paddles
• Forgestar F14 Brushed Tinted Wheels (Front: 19x10; Rear: 19x11)
• Michelin PS4S 275/295 w/ TPMS with ~5000 miles on them
• OEM Carbon Spoiler
• Mode V1 Carbon Front Splitter (Damaged)
• Active Autowerke Test Pipes (OEM Primary Cats will come with the car)
• Evolve Stage 2 Tune
• 3M Paint Protection Film (PPF) on front half of hood, bumper, and side rocker panels
• Facelift tail-light conversion kit

Pros
• Mechanically, this car is in amazing shape. The engine pulls hard and the Bilstein suspension feels great when driving the car hard.
• Overall, the paint and the interior look great considering the age of the car. Specifics on blemishes described below.
• My understanding is that the 2nd owner was a tech for Hendrick Motorsports and kept up with the maintenance very well. I listed everything that I was told was done, but unfortunately there's no records to prove it since this owner did a lot of maintenance on his own. I do have invoices for the rod bearings and the recent maintenance that was done during my ownership. PPIs are welcomed for serious buyers.
• The cosmetic upgrades make this car look like a 2012+; even the I-drive system was upgraded so you get Bluetooth and updated navigation.

Cons
• The front splitter is cracked and the previous owner wrapped over it with 3M carbon-fiber wrap. It doesn’t look the best and I was just going to remove the splitter altogether, but since the splitter is already cracked, it provides a worry-free buffer for parking hazards…ha, ha
• The CarFax shows an accident in Nov 2012. The bottom-right part of the bumper was hit and dented, but it was replaced and looks new. You can see before and after pics below.
• The steering wheel trim has some deterioration on it (a very common thing with these cars and easily replaced).
• The front bumper has a few rock chips and scuffs that were mostly handled by the paint protection film, but a few chips/scuffs got through.
• Driver’s side seat bolster has some wear.

Attached Images

Last edited by jprice130; 03-13-2022 at 02:10 PM..
Appreciate 0